The Facebook Thread | Page 9 | FerrariChat

The Facebook Thread

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by SefacHotRodder, Mar 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    ME>>>>>>>http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1060539865&ref=profile<<<<<<<. Everyone is welcome to add me if they so wish.

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Added both of you.

3. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    whats the F-chat group name again? My groups got deleted

4. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  5. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    #205 Westworld, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
    I have a facebook account. However, I tend to not join groups or friend anyone I don't know in-person. It's a great tool but it's amazing that people tend to friend anyone they can. I want to share pictures, info, ect. with people I actually know and care about. My good friend the other kid told me "He's sorry that I had only 30-some friends" (and well he's a decent guy, he's far from being the "cool" guy, if you get my point. He can carry an ego that he can't match in reality). I just laughed.

I really haven't looked for friends that I lost contact with 10-20 years ago. Why? It becomes nothing more than same jokes, the old memories, and small talk. With that being said, it is a lot easier to keep in touch and "fresh" with new people you are friends with and meet.

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    When i had Friendster, i had almost 900 'friends'. Now with FB, i only have about 100+, 100+ which i closely know, keep in touch, and a bunch of Fchat members. I plan to keep it tight this time ;)

7. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I just laughed at my friend. I wasn't sure if I should feel sorry for him or what.

I see people that have over 400 friends and and more.
    My rules are
    1. I have to have met you.
    2. If so, did I like you enough?
    3. Are you someone that I will met up with and stay in contact with over the future?
    4. Do I actually care about what happens in your life (kids, career, ect.)? If you invited me to do something or some place, would I go?

8. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  9. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
  10. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I tried to do that with Facebook. Just limit it to people I was really close friends with and knew in person.

But then i started to get requests from business contacts and fans of my work. Declining either of them can have some seriously negative repercussions.

So now I have 337 friends of which ~1/3rd are real friends, ~1/3rd are straight business contacts and ~1/3rd are my fans.

The thing I hate is I now have to be far more careful about what I post.

11. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    :D

12. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    have you thought about starting a "fan page" and weeding out the fans from your personal page? Then change your privacy settings so only friends can see what you post.

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I just registered, have to set up my profile better

14. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    It's funny.. I have about 500 friends on my real account (most of whom I'm not actually friends with), but I created a 2nd account for work and I outsourced a task to populate my friends list with people from a certain demographic and that account has now gone viral in the sense that I'm getting about 5+ friend requests daily from people whom I have over 50 "friends" in common with. Crazy stuff.

15. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  16. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    You can always set it up so only certain friends can see your posts, pics, ect.

17. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Easy. Use my method. After a few weeks or 1-3 months, quitetly delete them off. If they bring it up, use this excuse, as it always works :

'You know, i think FB has a problem. The other day i was chatting with this girl on msn, and she asked me to checkout her pics on FB, since i'm friends with her on FB. So when i log in, i suddenly discover she's not on my page, and so are a bunch of my other friends. Not sure if it's a tech issue..'

It works everytime. :)

18. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hahaha wow. But now if you delete me I know why...... hasn't worked out for you now that you've told everyone. lol ;)

Joking pal.

19. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    We should get a linkedin group going.

20. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Trust me mate, i don't delete Fchat members. :)

I'm good friends with most Fchat members...so i figure who knows, if that person comes here, and needs help for something, i'd be able to to help out maybe. And vice versa.

21. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Tell Payne.

Cal Poly 2007.

22. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I really really want to be part of the FChat group! It's like the group with all the cool kids (right?).