The European Language thread/poll | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The European Language thread/poll

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Wolfgang, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Euro section language

1. Only English

2. English, but other languages possible within different threads.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang

Are you just polite or are you ironic or is just (like me) your way of sarcasm?

O.K.
    I would like to VOTE for a new VOTE to VOTE! :D

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
  3. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    It's a good move because it forces people that are really using the language threads to stand up and vote... but actually I don't see this situation last very long...

Maybe there needed to be a small explanation and a link guiding to the poll to avoid misunderstandings in each language thread... it could be that people don't know why their threads are actually closed for the moment...

4. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Perhaps we should post a link to our new poll in a more public place on Fchat, so that everyone could make their votings???......would be most fair for everyone and would make a more broad picture of what the majority of users want!
    It's not just us Europeans who likes to read and post in the European section, so I think we should give everybody the chance to state their oppinion and make their vote!........How about that????

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Yes Alex !

Ton,
    could you please be so kind to post in each language thread a final note and link to the main & voting thread?

(I know, its a damn job to mod;))

6. rpmtifosi

rpmtifosi Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy
    Agree with this!
    There will be people who don't understand what's going on, the way threads are closed now! :(

7. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Perhaps we could have a moderator put up a link to the voting poll in "Announcements" so that everyone could participate.....I think it's important that everyone on fchat gets the opportunity to participate in this voting!!

8. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I think that people are clever enough to realize what is happening. I have decided to leave it the way it is! I have asked Rob Lay to monitor the results / votes together with us to make sure that there will be no fraudulent votes. If we do find fraudulent votes the responsible users will be banned without notice.

9. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Okay, sounds fair enough to me!! :)

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Clever my friend;)
    You force them to read (maybe for the very first time) another thread.
    You struck 2 flies with 1 swatter:D

11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Define 'fraudulent". Does that mean 'I don't like the vote?' There's lots of people who lurk in this forum and may hold an opinion on this issue.

If the pro-English group loses the second vote also, then what? A third? Keep going until the 'right' answer shows up?

As an English-only speaking (maybe a bit of Spanish) lurker (I read most Euro threads), I may not have standing, but I don't see an issue with the other-language threads.

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Tillman,
    its just getting out of control!
    1, 2, 3........6, 7 differnet languages and we are not already finished to ad the next.
    The whole small european community get lost somewhere in the desert/nirvana.
    What is the european community?????
    Germany ------ is smaler than Texas.....each european country is smaler than 1 of your states like Texas
    Europe -----is smaler than USA
    We are all very close together and want to meet up, make friendships, drive outs - thats imposible if we do not understand each other and communicate with the same language.

Best
    Wolfgang

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

I absolutely understand that, and in looking, the Tuscany thead (man, I wish I could go!) and the Events 2006 threads are in English. I am certain that all the major gathering threads are in English, and if people want to participate in those thread they should participate in English.

However, I am afraid that an English-only environment would restrict some of our fellow Tifosi from participating at all (though inability or self-consciousness), and that's never a good thing.

Regards.
    t

14. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

That is simply not true.

Having a few non-english topics, doesn't limit us in any way whatsoever to meet up, make friendships and have drive-outs.

There has never been a problem with these non-english topics. Information that needs to be spread wider than a specific language, has always been posted in english somewhere else on the forum.

15. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    This is not good :(

A new pole? A vote for a new pole?

16. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I am sorry to tell you that this thread has been closed. A group of users requested a new poll. Please tell us your opinion there!