The essence of Bugatti | FerrariChat

The essence of Bugatti

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Ferrari 360 CS, Oct 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Looking at hideous 4 door concept I have to wonder what the essence of Bugatti is. I for one have always admired the cars as combining luxury and performance in an elegant and attractive body.

Yes the Veyron does manage to combine these aspects, well in my opinion,while some dont like the shape there is something Bugatti about.

Bugatti does need a saloon but it need something low and sleek, something that combines class with style and while being very fast looks elegant rather than aggressive, most of all it should look imposing, much like the Kellener bodied Royale. For me the Royale remains a car without class, people go about about the RR Silver Ghost but to me the Royale is just a step above.

My question, in the modern world what type of cars should Bugatti be building and what is the essence of the brand.

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #2 El Wayne, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I wish I could say that I really don't care what types of cars are being built by this new division of VW using an old brand name. But the truth is that a part of me feels that, if the brand is going to be used, it should at least be done correctly.

By the time that Bugatti cars were receiving saloon - or sedan- bodies, the essence of the brand was exclusivity combined with racing heritage. The bodies placed on most of the cars were very "grand." You might describe them as regal and imposing. Aerodynamics and smooth, flowing lines were not a consideration.

If the new Bugatti wants to recapture some of that in a modern sedan, they should look to (but not retro-ize) cars like these:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name: