The Electric 308 | FerrariChat

The Electric 308

Discussion in '308/328' started by David Charles, Dec 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Charles

David Charles Karting

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Richard Boddington
    Maybe someone already posted this?

It's quite intriguing. Especially in light of all the Looney Tune nut job governments the world over that have banned gasoline powered cars starting in 2030:

Thoughts?
    DC

JrBucksco likes this.
  2. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Personally I love it! Although you lose the noise - which is a big deal - cant help feeing the maintainenace "free" and simplicity more than make up for that plus the boost in performance will give a fresh appeal to the old beauties to people who like modern performnce.

Only fly in the ointmemnt for me is the cost - £40k represents almost the value of the car :-( If theycould do this for te price of an engine rebuild circa £10-15k then I rekon they coulnt make them fast enough.

I'm sure you know already but just in case theres a youtube video(s) all about the conversion:

Theres also TV a TV program in the UK about the company that features a 308 along with other classic cars

3. David Charles

David Charles Karting

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Richard Boddington
    It's amazing how much simpler the entire car is.

4. JrBucksco

JrBucksco Rookie

Dec 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jay Holly
    Meh. Seems pointless to me. If you want to pod around there are much better options available. All they did is make the car heavier for the sake of clickbait/shock value.

5. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    There's just something inherently disturbing about trading the sound of a Tubi/Ansa/etc. for a belching smokestack miles away.

JrBucksco and energy88 like this.
  6. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I don't like the cutting up and converting of any classic car. Especially since they could use another less desirable car chassis and put a replica body on with the same results.

Gary Sandberg and energy88 like this.
  7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    This car was built on a "fire job" and the values of 308s these days would have sent it to the crusher....

So, "one less" just builds more value, into the one I still own!

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The builder and build were covered extensively in the proper Section here....it was an interesting project from an engineering point of view, IMO.