The Eastern European Thread | Page 8 | FerrariChat

The Eastern European Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by noviyecco, Feb 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    #176 lukek, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Owszem, pamietam wczesniejsza rozmowe....

Prosto z profilu....staruszek i nowoczesny (piekno i bestia)

Znalazlem tez zdjecie mojego giganta (wiecej pozytywnych komentarzy "z ulicy" niz na widok Wloskich....) Niestety na tym zdjeciu jest tez moj paskudny i stary ryj, no ale nie warto chyba odpalac Photoshopki.
    :)

Lukasz

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I do remember the PMs

Straight from the profile.....old and new (beauty and the beast)

I also found pics of my giant (more positive comments generated than the Italians). Unfortunately the picture is spoiled by my appearance. If it were not for Photoshop's slow start up time....
    :

Luke
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
  3. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    The GTE looks stunning. Thumbs up!

4. Jacek_Ferrari

Jacek_Ferrari Rookie

Mar 19, 2007
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Jacek
    Who was in Poznan yesterday ??

5. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    we were - that's me, menoy and PoleApart

don't want to speak for them, but as for me the event was moderately good... i was so dissappointed cuz i was said to receive press accreditation and on the track it turned out that i won't

there'll be a coverage with pics on my website soon

6. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    Same here - mixed feelings - burdel organizacyjny ;-). I had the only Ferrari of I think 6 road cars on display which was from Poland. Organisers said they would get all owners access to the VIP area to meet Schumacher etc. We got a coloured wrist band which was supposed to be VIP access but turned out just regular access so as the only Polish Ferrari drivers present my daughter and I weren't allowed in to the area with the Czech and English owners. The cars were parked at the end of a dry dirt track so they were engulfed with a load of sand / dust. Initially they weren't cordoned off so when all the people viewing them had to pull their hands across the body... and the sand on it you can imagine what the surface was like. When we came back to the car it was covered in dust, greasy paw prints and microscratches. We had a 20 złoty kielbasa with the Shell petrol station attendants (it was a Shell event) and left at about 3 p.m.

High points of the day:

Meeting Marek again and Mat for the 1st time.
    Reaching 275 on the speedo, 262 on the GPS (on the German autobahn of course) - this at least blew off the dust but not the scratches.
    We stopped at a rest area at the A2 and met a group of guys taking their friend - a paralysed from the waist down guy on a wheelchair who was a huge Ferrari fan. My daughter went with the guys in their car and I took him for a high speed ride on the A2. The grin on his face made our day and was the best return for getting up at 6 a.m., burning 150 Euro of fuel and putting 800 kms on the car.
    My daughter enjoyed the stunt drivers and actually thought it was OK which was good because it was her birthday.

7. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
  8. Bartek

Bartek Karting

May 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Bartek Lichocki
    262 in Ferrari must be a great feeling. I need to talk with my dad to encourage him to go to Germany, and rent a Ferrari for weekend(does anyone tried this before?). I just want to sit on right seat and hear screaming, italian engine ;)

9. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Wow, that's just 1km/h short of the official top speed for the 328GTS!!! Thank God for all those German enclaves in Poland! ;)

As to the event I'll have to agree with the guys, although I think I was probably the most pleased out of the 3. Probably because I wasn't promised anything apart from entry, so the organizers didn't have any promise that they could break :/ On one hand it was fantastic to see Schumacher and Ferraris in Poland - smth that always brings a smile to my face. Also seeing and foremost HEARING an F1 in action for the first time is an unforgettable experience. I was blown away by how quiet the F430 was compared to the F1 which did laps before it. On the other hand they had a chance to do it properly.. and unfortunately didn't. A list;

- everyone thought Schumi would be doing the F1 laps (it was Marc Gene)
    - surprisingly low turnout of Polish Ferraris
    - supposed to start at 12; me and mat were there past 11 and already the F40 and 500 F2 were more or less finishing their laps. Then they where parked were they could hardly be seen/photographed/admired :(
    - security was slack - lot of people who shouldn't have been there
    - the track is absolutely APPALLING for spectators - makeshift stands on the straight only, dirty shacks everywhere, dirt/sand etc

All in all though... I'm still glad :) Hope to post pics up as soon as I subscribe.

Edit - Today I missed a Lamborghini presentation somewhere in Poznan :( A friend and I spotted TWO Lamborghini Neras and a Flying Spur by Sheraton, went to check them out to find another one - yellow Gallardo Spider. The hotel staff told me they were presented yesterday at the track, but that must be BS - Ferrari event with Lambos being showcased? Somehow don't think so.. must have been somewhere else. Still glad to have seen them though :) Also a few minutes later we saw a new CL63, Porsche 993 (seem to be much rarer than 996/997) and I might have caught a glimpse of a black F430, but I'm not sure, saw for just a second. And an unusually high amount of various S classes :)

10. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Have though about it many times UK/Germany. Apart from the money though (rent AND deposit) I have yet to find a place where they rent out Ferraris to people below 25yrs :(

11. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    A friend of mine in switzerland does it ;)

12. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    #187 menoy, Apr 22, 2007
    From the Shell event;

They had a long banner with some significant Ferraris from the past 60yrs and I was explaining to a friend (having seen a thread on fchat recently) how the 288GTO was never officially a 288GTO but just GTO. Only later did I notice the even bigger mistake :(

13. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    #188 PoleApart, Apr 24, 2007
    Where did you get that official top speed? I was sure it was 260. BTW - there was an easy 5 km/h left had I continued to press on but wind noise was really unbearable and the oil temp was creeping up nicely. Mind you there was a strong wind from the west on Saturday - this probably played a role. Anyway nice to know that after 19 years the Beast is in full health and quite happy to cruise at 160-220.

Mateusz - I'll post your picture of the Beast with the 430's if you don't mind. I was amazed how much lower it is than the new cars:

14. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    www.ferrari.com :) But taking in mind that Ferrari liked to 'touch up' their claims I think you did quite nicely anyway ;)

15. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    beautiful picture.

How is the racetrack there?

16. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    #191 menoy, Apr 24, 2007
    The track itself I think is ok, I think the tarmac was replaced last year. As to the whole venue itself though... :/ Its better not to say.

Here's a pic - you can also see a smaller karting track in the rop right corner.

17. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    two nice straight lines. Nothing really dangerous from my pow.

18. Bartek

Bartek Karting

May 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Bartek Lichocki
    In July I'm going to Tor Poznań and I will try there my car :) Can't wait for it!

19. Jacek_Ferrari

Jacek_Ferrari Rookie

Mar 19, 2007
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Jacek
    Bartek you go there with your Alfa ??

20. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
  21. Bartek

Bartek Karting

May 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Bartek Lichocki
    yes :)

22. Jacek_Ferrari

Jacek_Ferrari Rookie

Mar 19, 2007
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Jacek
    Bartek..how much cost visit in this track when I go there with own car?? Do you know??

23. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Good question - how much? Although I've lived here almost 4yrs I don't know myself :p Never had anything decent enough to take to the track :(

On a side note - mat, me and a friend of mine are going to Auto Tour Lissac today! See you in a couple of days :)

24. Bartek

Bartek Karting

May 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Bartek Lichocki
    I have no idea. I'm going there because IKAR(Internet Club of Alfa Romeo) is organising there meeting, and we have one day on Tor Poznań. Costs of participation are now unknown for competitiors.

25. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal

Marek, Marek as you know i'm in France often, this is my french number. +33677675203.

Call me.