The Eagle has landed my F8 is home! Videos inside! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The Eagle has landed my F8 is home! Videos inside!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by buddyg, Oct 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Buddy love your car and love that you are so excited about it. I'd be too.

The wheels looks great...classic but with the black roof and other details and that these wheels are such an open design they really would look great in gloss black to match the roof.Gloss Black wheels would transform the car into a more performance style look.

This is all personal taste but for me the gloss black details of the wheels and matching roof would tie in great and show off the F8 body lines even more.

Coincid and GT2goneF like this.
  2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    It really is a sickness I mean I bought a very special Dodge Challenger Demon set all kinds of records and firsts, one of only 3000 made and it’s now sold. I was the original owner, order the way I wanted it, special name Plate and yeah 3 years she’s gone.

mdrums likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Me on the other hand. I get sentimentally attached to my cars. My 90 BMW 750iL is the one my kids grew up in. They remember it and even named it. Every time I open the door, its characteristic leather scent reminds me and them of those days. My GT2 is a no brainer, My first 911 and the last manual gearbox, (expected to be a collector's item for somebody, not for me). My CLS 63S daily driver has been good to me, last V8. Wife's GLE 63S, also last V8... I am not going for that V6 turbo electric assist BS, I cant. Not even for Ferrari. And I am not going electric.... So, yeah, I see myself keeping mine until they bust.

I'll be be burning dinosaurs 'til I die.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You will regret... Remember your 993??? I don't want to regret... Paid for, why sell? Just need a bigger garage.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Whenever my wife and I complete a car purchase, the dealer says that this is a special car and surely you will keep it for a long time. My wife starts chuckling and replies " he always agrees but by the following year it will be gone."

Bandit23, buddyg and GT2goneF like this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Here are the NF9 Novitec wheels (made by Vossen) and I think they may be gloss black. Unfortunately, I can't find them on a red car so you will have to "mindshotoshop" it .These are the nices rims, in my opinion.

They would go so well on my build, as my car will be Biaco Italia with Nero top but this will be a common color combination for white and therefore; I am taking a risk and reserving a different color, hoping that it works...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I was just counting up the number of cars I have owned since turning 16. And yes I paid for my own cars starting at age 16. The number is 20 in 34 years being of driving age. So my average is a new car every 1.7 years. This doesn’t include any of my wife’s vehicles.

Coincid and GT2goneF like this.
  8. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I personally wouldn’t do anything to the wheels for a few months at least. Enjoy the car, see what hits you, etc

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

jm2 and GT2goneF like this.
  9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree with you on that. I was thinking about doing it all at once before receiving it; paint correction, PPF, tint, Ceramic, wheels, lowering springs, exhaust, including tuning. Then figured that I would never know what it felt like before and wouldn't know the difference. After a healthy review of my thoughts and talking to you guys here, I came to the same conclusion you are suggesting. So now, upon receipt, it will be taken to my car care guy, likely in an enclosed container for paint correction, ppf, ceramic, window tint and eliminate the stupid side maker lights and a few other details.

Then will go either wheels and/or exhaust +/- tuning... Not sure yet if or when...

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Fun thought. I’m 32, I’ve paid for 13 since age 22. I have an issue as well.

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Nice....how did you spec the interior?

GT2goneF likes this.
  12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I went with what I have found to be a rare combination for usual Ferrari cars. I went with Nero and Terra Bruciata, some CF and Tricolore steering wheel and bridge buttons

Art138 likes this.
  13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    LOL your ratio is one car every 9 months!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  15. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Just when I thought I'd seen everything, a bedazzled Ferrari FOB. :confused:

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Grotesque.

Thecadster, cole328 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  17. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    #lame

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    That looks very good.

AD211 likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Never assume you have seen it all, because when you least expect it... There it is! That key fob has gotta be a few very long thousands of dollars, yens, Euros, Korean, wons, etc...

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I assume and hope you are talking about the key fob... the hand painted PH (CR) is absolutely stunning... I almost went for it. Just couldn't justify the 16k sticker on it... I decided on the roof and additional off list options for the same amount of money,

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree.

22. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    GT2goneF likes this.
  23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Looks awesome. Did they also film under the rear quarter panel in front of the rear wheel ?

24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    So beautiful!!!!! I can't wait!

Even though I wanted to move away from the Ferrari tradition, one because I love white, particularly metallic whites but also because red cars call attention and even more so a Ferrari... One thing you can't take away from a Red Ferrari is just that!!!! The essence of Red in a Ferrari. They just belong!

25. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    yes

MANDALAY likes this.