The Canadian Grand Prix! | FerrariChat

The Canadian Grand Prix!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by hockeyman1, Apr 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hockeyman1

hockeyman1 Rookie

Mar 6, 2004
    I am lanning on attending the Montreal Grand Prix...I understand there may be some events hosted either by Ferrari or ferrari owners parties etc, I am current 355 owner...any info!!

2. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony

JOIN UP WITH THE FERRARI CLUB OF AMERICA EASTERN CANADA CHAPTER. TOU WILL BE KEPT INFORMED OF ALL EVENTS

3. djcavalino

djcavalino Karting

Mar 9, 2004
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Anthony

Hey on every thursday the Ferrari Club Quebec host a ferrari parade on Peel street :D

Let you in on more info soon!

4. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Hey all:
    I need one or possibly two tickets for the FRIDAY sessions. Is anyone selling any tickets for the Friday race? Let me know. Thanks.
    Kevin

5. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Are you member of the Ferrari Club of Quebec? Tell me more about it....
    One time I went there( at the back on the building on henri-bourassa west) and I saw a black Testarossa. The guy who was driving the car said I could take a look inside the building. And gosh ... there's some really amazing Ferrari's in there.(won't say it here).

John

6. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I am a member of Ferrari Club Of America and live in Atlanta. I am coming in town on Biz during the Grand Prix and would like to go.....

anyone have a contact or # for anyone organizing Ferrari stuff or ticket groups...

7. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I just read that there will an open house day at the track on Thursday from 10:00 - 1:00pm. Will this be free? Or will you need tickets?.......................................

8. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    It's free. Last I recall, open track was usuallly held on wednesdays. The last time I attended, it was jam packed. You did get to see the garages and most of the cars (with some of the mechanics idly tinkering with them). None of the top drivers were around and most of the crew looked somewhat annoyed by everyone. Maybe it's just me, but I'm under the impression that, since the early 90's, F-1 is acting just a little too elitist.

9. f355

f355 Karting

Oct 5, 2002
    Wanted to let my fellow Tifosi know that I have tickets with hotel for sale for the Grand Prix Montreal (7 in total)

I had ordered 20 tickets for a group last Jan, unfortunately, 7 had to back out.

You can buy tickets alone but not hotel.
    Seats are in Grandstand 1, Section 7, Section BB (Section is Sold Out)
    I am asking $400US per ticket for the 3 days.

Hotel is the Crown Plaza from June 11 for 3 nights
    $200US per night/per room (2 double beds)

For a look at the hotel.
    http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hd/yulrh

Please email me for more details.

10. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Can someone PM me if they have two extra reasonably priced tickets. They need to be good seats. ;-)

Vasco.R

11. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Hey northern neighbors, I was wondering if any of you could recommend a hotel to stay at during the GP. I have done a search on travelocity and found many, but was wondering if there are some smaller hidden treasures to stay at. I've stayed in La Prarie in the past - back in '84 & '85 at a camp ground are there any hotels there? Thanks for any info. Not looking to spend a fortune on a room prefer under $150/night US.

12. MayB1Day

MayB1Day Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I love Le Germaine and Sofitel.

Both right downtown. Both v.nice. Price may be higher though, especially at that time.

13. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Thanks, yep cost are double for that weekend at hotels.

14. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    The Royale right on Cresent St. will toss you right into all the action ;)

15. Sonora

Sonora Karting

Mar 11, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    If you want to be in the heart of everything (and pay for it) stay somewhere on Crescent Street. However, if you want to save a bit of cash, stay at the Latin Quarter on St. Denis. It's a street away from Crescent, and it has pretty much every single cuisine imaginable, and some crazy parties at night.

Good luck!

16. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
  17. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

GP = Grand Prix

18. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    oh! I was like, there is no city in Canada named GP whats this guy talking about. Anyways you could always stay at a travellodge or something

19. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Last year we stayed at Hotel du Vieux Port, 756 rue Berri Montreal PQ CA
    the room was small and basic, but we were at the East end of Old Montreal and away from the crowds. And the price was not obscene. You are not in the room except to sleep so why waste money on fancy places? Close to all the great restaurants in that part of town. Short walk to the Metro and then to Crescent or the track etc.

Hotel this year is a bit further east again....

20. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Any ideas on hotels that offer suites? (bedroom or two, living area, kitchen) If its close to the Metro, that would be more valuable (to me) than close to Crescent. Also, any hotels in Little Italy?

Thanks

21. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
  22. F430xxx

F430xxx Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2004
    Jeffrey

You don't know what you're missing....... Montreal is my favorite city in the world. Paris, New York by day , Miami by night. The women are incredibly gorgeous, Life is Rich and extremely European which is why I love it so much. Do yourself a favor and haul your Ferrari to Montreal. I am not kidding. 30 of us caravaned our Ferrari from Washington Dc to Montreal for Grand Prix weekend and it was sooooooooooo incredible.

If you want 5 star they everywhere downtown. Don't waste your time and stay by the island where the track is cuz it's out of the city. Stay of Sherbrooke at the Ritz or Rue Du Fort Hotel on Rue Du Fort off of St. Catherines. I stay in a budget hotel like the Clarion or St-Malo cuz we're NEVER in our rooms so keep your money for the entertainment.

David Kassir

23. kokinos

kokinos Karting

Jan 20, 2005
    Calgary - Merc Rider
    Full Name:
    Chris H
    Hotels I'd recommend
    The new W Hotel in Montreal
    St. Paul Boutique hotel
    Le Germain hotel

Don't get a rental car you won't need it.

Restuarants:
    Gibby's (In old montreal super steackhouse)
    Globe- On St. Laurent Great seafood bar
    Bueno Notte- Trendy lounge/restaurant
    Alexandra on Peel, go there during F1 and if you can get in you'll bump into Schumacher.
    Bice on Sherbrooke - italian
    Jet Lounge Night Club- owned by Villeneuve so it'll have some good times

Don't miss the Ferrari/Lambo, Classic cars shows which take place on Peel St every night leading up the GP

cheers and enjoy, Montreal F1

24. Gsus

Gsus Rookie

Dec 7, 2004
  25. Gsus

Gsus Rookie

Dec 7, 2004
    oh yeah and i have a futon if you feel very broke that weekend