THE BIG MESS | Page 14 | FerrariChat

THE BIG MESS

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Auraraptor, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I like it, but in this case Art would get his butt kicked since we're a "red" community. :)

2. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Mark:

If I knew who the guy was, I could tell you whether I gave him information so that Dave's address could be found, but I never gave his address to anyone, so if he's saying that, it isn't true. I did, however, tell a couple people how they could get the address, if they were willing to look for it. Anyone could have found it, given the information available though. Probably true for just about everyone on the site though, if they provide any information about themselves.

I did note that there was a F-Chat user that had a name similar to Dave's street, but that's about all there was. The address wasn't posted to my knowledge, but his reaction to that name was a bit funny. I think that was done to get his goat, and apparently it worked, but I didn't have anything to do with it, other than to watch and enjoy.

Art

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    There is a simple solution to most of the problems, not all, but quite a few. If you have someone engaging you in a malicious way simply be the bigger fellow and ignore them, or, if their words are in clear violation of the Terms of Service, REPORT the violation.

I know how easy it is to get into long, drawn out, spats. But for the community(and for Rob's bandwith ;) ) we can all be better off by not feeding the trolls(or those who have momentary lapses into trolldom).

4. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Finally, the reality of the situation concisely stated.
    It's an internet chatboard, guys: be careful and have fun.

5. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Matteo has a fan club. Luckily, I sent it to his wife so she could beat him with it.

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The problem is that doesn't work. There's people & gangs who constantly engage in personal attacks and are allowed to roam free without censure.

Rob/the mods know the groups and the alignments, and even a temp ban with cause generates (very predictable) waves of reaction. In fact, everyone already knows what everyone else's role/reaction will be. It's kinda like the formal two-steps in P&R.

Rob knows drama is good for business. Don't expect changes. After all, how many "I'm out of here" speeches have we all read, only to see that poster gradually wander back into the fray?

7. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I'm really sorry to hear that Sfumato will no longer post on F-Chat. From the posts of his that I read, he was extremely knowledgable about cars, and was also extremely funny to boot, both with his wit/sarcasm and his funny pics.
    A real loss for F-Chat IMO. Also, through his profile I found the 'Demotivators': something I shall be eternally grateful to him for! If you end up reading this post, I wish you well in the future Sfumato, and thanks for the laughs you've given me and others on this site. :)

8. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    You are a spineless pig, a disgrace to your profession. and an A S S H O L E.
    I used to be merely bemused by you, but this is utterly idiotic.
    Art, you have helped to threaten more than Dave. You pathetic,arrogant excuse, someone who won't own actions.
    "I didn't kill the victim, I just gave them the weapons, easily obtained at any Walmart."
    Gutless. This crap has opened a can of worms for me, and GG and all this BS/whiny crap is not worth my families safety. GG told me in chat he didn't understand why I am upset. Art doesn't get it either. Various people know who GG is, and nobody can figure out who Zman was. So it was OK to post a how-to on finding someone. Hope you slugs have to look over your shoulders someday and worry about your kids.
    And move this Gddamn thread to subscribed, Rob.

Thanks for all my friends here, BTW.

9. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    My head hurts after reading this thread.

I agree with Big Tex...

10. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    SFUMA TO

drop a pm if you can.

11. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sfumato.
    Sorry to see you go Brother. I understand that motiv behind it, and if that's the case, its a low for Fchat.

Family and personal life should not be threatened on the net. Fchat or anywhere else.

Godspeed Mate.
    -mike

12. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Yes, your point is right on target. Reporting can only go so far. It then is a matter of the TOS being enforced. Which is a whole different deal entirely

I can dance! lol
    That's it Tillman, this comment is way outta line.
    I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!!! ;) :D ;)

13. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    This is heterosexual. You are all ****ing straight and this **** is beneath all of you. Stop being such raging straight people.

You put the penis into the vag1na.

Think of the (good looking) children. Please.

PS: I cannot belive the censorship here, we bleep vag1na but not penis? I DEMAND TO HAVE MY PENIS BLEEPED!

Matt; My cat can type in IP addresses on a screen, however he's yet to invent an "Internet DNS Router". Whatever that is. if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****?

PPS: maranelloman, consult with your attorney but it is probally unwise to admit to a Federal Felony on an open forum.

Sooooo HETERO!

14. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    POST OF THE MONTH!!!!!! Excellent idea...... We could call it Other other off topic.

15. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Such a crap situation all around my friend...

16. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Didn't Matteo do this last winter?

Bring back dysfunctional chat.

17. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    This is where it goes way over the line. No disagreement justifies this kind of behavior. Anyone who resorts to these kind of threats is a cowardly, low-life, trailer-trash, scumb*g and deserves censure and incarceration.

Sfu - I'm sorry to hear that you've been subjected to this kind of cr*p. Your family comes first. Best wishes.

18. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    i have also noticed a few strange things around our house and cant help but wonder if maranelloman or mike550 or any of that gang who had a beef with me were involved.

guys, it's the internet, please keep it there...

i have notified the police, and the next person who tries anything will get a bit of a shock

19. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    With a reply like this to Art, glad to see you go!

20. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I doubt...no, I know for a fact that neither of them would do such a thing. For one, they are far to nice to do such a thing, and secondly, it's too far a drive from Texas to Faisal's house.

21. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Woah, this is out of control. Apologies for stating the bleeding obvious. We need a balance here. It is not all so balck and white as some people would have us believe. An @sshat is an @sshat and there should be no recriminations for saying so. OTOH, it is far too easy for people to post things they would never dare SAY to anothers face.
    The rules should actually be principles IMO.
    If you wouldn't say it to a persons face, in mixed company, then it's not appropriate. - warning then ban.
    If posts turn into a slanging match or fight, lock the thread. - warning then ban.
    If we all followed these two simple rules, this would be a much more harmonious place

22. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    You have exactly duplicated my sentiments

23. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Hey, I'm a fan of Matt. Wait, I can't admit that.

Art

24. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Dude, That's cold :)

25. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere