THE BIG MESS | Page 13 | FerrariChat

THE BIG MESS

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Auraraptor, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    #301 PeterS, Nov 16, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    That's an interesting opinion since whoever hijacked Omar's account named you as the one who dug up Dave's personal info........

3. JSMDMD

JSMDMD Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    No problem.
    Here's a deal for you. Since it is apparent that after having coffee we still can't seem to get along, how about if I don't bother you, and you don't bother me.
    Deal?

4. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    You mentioned me....remember?

5. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    FWIW - I would still have coffee or lunch with you. Can you say the same?

6. JSMDMD

JSMDMD Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    OK Matt. I won't mention you again.
    How's that? Can you do the same?

7. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Fine. For the record, I don't mention you.

8. JSMDMD

JSMDMD Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Sure. We can talk about my sign.

9. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    LOL! I did not mention it to be a prick....really. We were in the area a few weeks ago and I noticed it.

10. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Excellent idea.......... just gotta get Rob on it :D

I don't think Dave's address was ever actually posted........... IIRC somebody registered as a particular name that was Dave's street name backwards, made some remarks about other personal info regarding Dave and his wife that seemed threatening. Whoever it was had done a good job of covering their tracks and I don't think we found any solid proof of who it was though several users assumed it was Faisel. The mods deleted the account and banned the user but beyond that nothing could really be done. Whoever hijacked Omar's account appears to have inside knowledge of the whole mess and claimed that it was Art who had dug up all the info on Dave but I don't see anything beyond that.

That's the stupidest attempt at an insult I have seen out of you yet. Go away for a while.

I think we just found the next mod :D

11. JSMDMD

JSMDMD Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    I appreciate you telling me about it.
    I go out the back each night and didn't see it.

12. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    You guys are making me want to stay in China where everyone is "normal"...

BTW, BRUCE PUT ME UP AT HIS HOUSE FOR THE WEEKEND, HE REALLY DOES TALK LIKE THIS.

AS HE USED TO PLAY PRO-HOCKEY, I WOULD NOT COMPLAIN UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO LOOSE A TOOTH OR TWO...

13. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    How do you feel about the subscribed people that spew hurtful nonsense, and force others to leave?

14. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #314 TexasMike, Nov 16, 2005
  15. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I second Lloyd's suggestion about a point system that would restrict intemperate users.

16. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Can it be used to also stop multiple posts of black Enzos?

17. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    I have seen this on other websites. It would be quite easy to gang up on someone, as is often done verbally here, using the point system. It then becomes a popularity contest, rather than a means of controlling pests.

18. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Granted, its a big deal but there is no need for people to make new thread after new thread to tell people what they think. Can't we just have 1 big sticky? How about we just delete them all, move on and take it offline/private?

19. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    And you just started another one!?!?!?!

20. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    where did that darn merge button go?

21. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yes. Thats why i said "5 (now 6)" in the title. I would just like to see if anyone else agrees with me. After that, we can bin this thread with the rest of them.

22. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #322 wax, Nov 16, 2005
    All the hipsters know the only thread worth reading and responding to is the one I started way, way before this one.

Beat this one by nearly 5 minutes, I bet.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It pisses me off to see anyone be meaningfully hurtful to anyone here. Alot of insults from most users on here is said in "jest", including stuff directed from me, and too me. But i tend to think that most users on here are pretty cool. What i was saying, non sub people are not tied to the site. They just sh it and leave at their will.

"Force others to leave"
    Bull *****. NO ONE forces someone to leave. They leave on their own accord. They may get banned, but do they ever leave? Its up to them. If you find yourself under negative reactions, stop the behaviour that is causing them, reflect and learn. Dont want to? Then leave.
    Keep going, and you will be get to the stage of bullying. But at that stage, you kinda deserve it. If you were so naive, blind and stupid to let it get to that stage, by inciting and provoking people, you deserve all the ***** you get....

IMO of course.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, the reason I've never implemented this.

The reason I haven't banned all these users is they are fine 95% of the time. Usually when they go off, it is with each other. Each user also has their fan club and knows how to test the line, but never going so far over they will loose support. I've banned Maranelloman and you would think from his fan club the world was coming to an end. Art has his fan club. Bruce has his. Matteo, well, there is one exception. ;)

Personal threats should be taken serious, but nothing else on FerrariChat.com should be taken seriously except by me. I'm not taking any of this too seriously. We've gone through it dozens of times with the same users. It is all a big drama show and battle game. As a couple users have said, some people just thrive on conflict and this drama. These active threads are good for business too. :) Keep it up kids!

25. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Maybe you should create an FChat Kombat! Forum. When two users square off, the mods put them into the Kombat! Forum. There they can duke it out and the voting feature is enabled in that forum. The audience decides who wins and loses by voting over a 24 hour period. The winner gets bragging rights and the loser gets a 1 week ban. That could drive traffic! :D