The Arkansas Drive Initiative | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Arkansas Drive Initiative

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by GTHill, Nov 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
    I have been off line for a few days and did notice til tonight. I hung around and did nothing all day except drove my 355 to Fox&Hound in NLR to met my brother & friend to watch the game. Much rather would have been driving! BTW I saw a red Fcar on Cantrell by 430 late afternoon around and tried to catch up to it but couldn't because of traffic. Keep me in mind next time.

Greg

2. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Looks like a blast! Wish I could've made it over there today. Love the diversity of cars in that lineup! My next trip this week will be over to the local state revenue office. Yes, the dreaded sales tax (should be illegal) and registration fees. I am definitely not looking forward to writing that check! :(

3. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Just like GWood355, didn't check this thread yesterday. Sorry to miss the drive. Also a waste of time to see the Hawgs get their a#s kicked. Would like to participate next time. I'll try to add a little "color" (as in Fly Yellow) to your Red parade!

4. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    It will be nice to see those 335's in there, and the color mix. +1 on the Razorback game. What a let down.

5. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    #55 sguinn, Jan 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great day! arkferrari and GWood355, sorry we missed you. It was sort of a last minute job. Perfect weather and some good roads. A few slow locals can really get in the way, though...

Four red Ferraris in a town of 200 people can really cause a commotion! We even had a young kid in an early 90s TransAm get in with us for a while. He had stopped first to talk and take pics, and I couldn't help think that this was me not too long ago!

The cars were great. Gene's 328 makes me miss my 308. I had never seen a 575 up close until Steve's. The v12 with the Tubi is amazing. I get to see Mike's 512 quite a bit, but I'm still amazed every time at how perfect the lines are. One interesting thing about all of them is how aggressive they look in the rear view mirror. The Ferrari racing heritage is obvious when seen on the road.

Let's give Gene some support to get the "Arkansas Drive" together soon. There are some great roads in central/north-central that should be relatively convienent for all of us.

Here's a few more pics. I've got a few "action" shots. It's hard taking that one out of the rear view while driving one handed!

Spence
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
    We could met up at Cantrell & 430 for a morning run and drive out Hwy 10 to Thornburg then cut back through Little Italy and down through Pennicle back to Hwy 10. This essentially loops us around Lake Maumelle and could eat breakfast or lunch anywhere along Hwy 10 or West Little Rock. I mapped it on mapquest about 1.5 hour drive approx 50-60 miles total. I could drive it and see what the roads and senery is like and get back with you. Just an idea. What do you guys thnk?

Greg

7. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    We lost some posts, but here is the idea.

How about a drive February 17th? I'm thinking that we'll start within 30 minutes of LR. Anyone up for it?

Gene

8. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    17th is great for me. I like that area around Heber Springs for a loop. I'll speak w/ Mike/512TR. I have another friend here w/ a 360 and one w/ a Gallardo Spider, I'll try to get them to come along.
    spence

9. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
    Count me in.

Greg

10. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    There are a lot of nice cars in Jonesboro! The next nicest Italian in Searcy (I think) is an old X19. :)

Gene

11. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    #61 jmiff348, Jan 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's another one! Until today, I thought these cars were extinct! :D:D

12. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    When I was in Jr High, one of my best friend's older sister had a X19. I thought it was about the coolest car that I had ever seen in person.

13. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Seems like an eternity since Jr High, but I also knew someone who had an X19 back then. It's been a few years, but I think the car may still be in the area. The next time I'm home I am going to look him up and find out. They really were a big deal in their day.

Gene, you got any more legacy cars we can drive down memory lane?

14. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Posting hoping that some will get email notification. New drive thread created!

Gene