The Arkansas Drive Initiative | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Arkansas Drive Initiative

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by GTHill, Nov 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
  2. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I'm up for a mini event! How about this weekend, Saturday the 30th. I don't know where you live jmiff so I don't know where a good place to meet would be. If you live in Little Rock, I'm in between you and Spence. It may be selfish, but we can meet here in Searcy.

Of course, everyone is invited. I can figure out a place for lunch, maybe in Heber Springs. There are some nice roads in that area. Thoughts?

Gene

3. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    Saturday the 30th is great for me. I'll ask my buddy here with the 512 TR, also. Jarrett/jmiff348, how far is Heber Springs from Rogers? We are about 2 hrs. I think that's a great location.
    Spence

4. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Anyone else up for it?

Gene

5. Waterboy

Waterboy Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Houston, Texas USA
    Full Name:
    Bad Boy
    I will be driving from Houston to Petit Jean State park on the 30th/31st. I have a cabin rented in the park for the 31st and the 1st. Not driving my Ferrari, but will be bring the Orange Lotus Elise. I've driven Ark. roads with a Porsche group several times and have made the trip by myself as well. Plan on using Petit Jean as a center and branching out from there. Will probably do 200 to 250 miles per day. Yes, will be driving rapido, but love the roads and have several favorites I want to revisit. If anyones going to be in the region, just shoot me a PM and I will provide contact info.

PS. The Lodge at Petit Jean has a NY Dance $70 per couple which inculded dinner.

6. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    PM Sent.

Spencer, have you heard from anyone else about going? I'm going to be in Branson, MO the end of the week. If no one can go, I'm going to stay Sat night as well. So, Sunday will work for me also. If people want to go on Saturday then I'm all up for it. I just need a few days heads up.

Gene

7. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett

Yes, it's here (finally)!!! The car arrived on Thursday, and I got home Saturday evening. Drove it a couple of times when I could slip away from the Christmas gatherings. Love it! I will do my best to get some pics posted today or tomorrow...

8. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Gene, I'm in Rogers. I'll get out the map and see how far I am from Heber, but I believe Searcy would be a 4-4.5 hour drive one way (without a radar detector). As much as I would love to make the trip on Saturday, I'd better hold off until next time. Make sure you all take some pics of the event!

9. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    That's understandable. I always try to take a lot of pictures. Right now I'm working on mounting my video camera to the 328.. :)

Gene

10. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    #35 jmiff348, Dec 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    Jarrett
    Awesome pics!! Love the SS front spoiler and the painted targa top.

Gene
    Looks like rain Saturday. If the weather cooperates, Mike (512 TR) is in also. Let me know what your plans look like.

Anyone else in the area is welcome if the weather holds off.

Spence

12. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Was something wrong with the forums? I posted a response on Friday, but it didn't take.

Anyway, the weather wasn't good for today. I'm off for the next few weeks if anyone is up for it!

Gene

13. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    I believe the site crashed. There are a large number of missing posts. I will only be in town for another week, but will be back home on Feb 10 for 2 weeks. I'd sure like to meet up with you all at some point if we can work it out.

14. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    What day is good for you? Spence, is there another day you can go? Anyone? :)

Gene

15. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Gene, it's not looking good for me this week. I had a check engine light come on (1-4) while driving the car on Friday. It only stayed on for a few minutes, but nonetheless it worries me a little. I want to spend some time trying to diagnose it with the ECU codes (many thanks to the authors of 'the348.com') before taking it on any long drives. Hopefully it's something small like an O2 sensor getting ready to die. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions please let me know.

16. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    The weather looks OK until Thursday.

Steve

17. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    Anyone up for tomorrow? If I can get a babysitter I might be able to go in the afternoon. Looks like great weather.

18. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    When? Where?

Steve

19. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    We (me and friend w/ 512 TR) will be leaving Jonesboro around 1 PM. Don't have a route yet. Anyone interested PM me to exchange phone #s, etc.

20. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I sent you a PM.

I'm up for it. Steve, are you going to make it? That would make for a great set of cars, mine in last place of course. :)

Gene

21. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Got up late. Give me a time and an address for my nav (I get lost crossing the street). I would be coming from LR.

22. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    Anyone else in the area just reading this, we are meeting at the scenic WalMart in Searcy at 2 PM.
    Spence

23. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Too short notice for me, but take some pics please! Spence, I'll send you a pm today with my phone # for next time.

24. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Steve (and anyone else)

The WalMart in Searcy is exit 46. If going north from LR its to the right. Hope to see you there!

Gene

25. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    #50 GTHill, Jan 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Today was an excellent day to drive. The sun was out and the temperature was cool and crisp, perfect for playing follow the leader around the lake.

The cast of characters were:

Me - 328
    Steve - 575
    Spence - 348
    Mike - 512TR

I started out by leading us to Heber Springs. I had never been on a rally before so I didn't really know at what speed everyone preferred. I soon found out.

After gassing up at Heber Springs, we headed towards Greers Ferry via hwy 25 and 16. Mike lead this leg of the drive with me in second. After crossing the 4 way intersection, Mike hammered it. I didn't want to be the guy to break up the team so I did my best to keep up. Mike was gracious enough to let me feel as if my car was worthy.

We stopped in Greers Ferry to regroup and find the next route. Spence lead us to Drasco. Unfortunately we got stuck behind a few pickup trucks. We finally got room to overtake them and did so just in time to stop at our final meeting place, Drasco.

Everywhere we stopped there was a small gathering of onlookers (and some police). The very small town of Drasco provided the most fanfare. What did we do before cell phone cameras?

It was very nice to meet all of you and I look forward to the next drive.

Gene

P.S. I was really busy driving so I didn't get any good action shots. Here are a few stills.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login