The Arkansas Drive Initiative | FerrariChat

The Arkansas Drive Initiative

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by GTHill, Nov 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I'm moving this topic from 360 vs F150 in Arkansas.

The topic had come up to have an Arkansas get together and drive. I volunteered to coordinate the list of drivers that want to get together. I would really like to see a couple of these per year. That way we can have one in Northwest AR and one in Central AR.

So, if you would like to participate in an Arkansas drive, please PM or email me. You can email me at gene at gthill dot. com. Please make sure the subject line has Arkansas Drive (or something like that) in it. I get a lot of spam. :)

I will comprise a list of all that want to participate. After that, we'll come up with a place, date and time. Feel free to send me a favorite driving spot of yours so we have many to choose from.

My thoughts are to find a location where we can have a great drive and then have a nice lunch at a local restaurant.

Let's make this happen!!

Gene

2. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    Gene
    I'm in. I sold the 308 that you were going to come up to Jonesboro to see, and as of last night I'm the proud owner of a 348. I'm still deployed with the Army, but anytime after mid-December is good for me. I have a good friend in Jonesboro with a 512 TR, and he is always up for a drive. Another friend here has a 360 that is on the market, but if it has not sold I bet he would join us as well.
    Spence

3. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Spence,
    That is great! Your 308 looked immaculate. The 348 sounds like great fun. Of the three models of Ferrari's I have ridden in, the 348 is one of them. I'm not sure it would have been a good first Ferrari for me (Ok, I can't afford it) but it is an incredible looking car.
    I'll keep the list going here. I have had a few PM's already so that is great. I look forward to making this happen!

Gene

4. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
  5. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I guess my motivation is that every time I'm in Texas on business I always seem to get together with FerrariChat members. I just really like the idea of getting together with other AR and surrounding area members for drives, meetings, tech sessions, charity events, etc.

The Crescent Classic is a wonderful event and I would like to go. The event is so well thought out and comprehensive that it happens only once a year. I'm just trying to see if there is a demand for more driving opportunities and meetings.

If there is enough interest, I also would like to put together some type of event(s) that can help others. Something like a toy drive, police and fire charity rides are some things that I have thought of (and stolen) from FChat. The charity thing is a ways away. I'm not trying to save the world in one thread.

Gene

6. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Gene:
    Count me and my 99' yellow 355F1 in! I'm back and forth between Little Rock and Hot Springs. Let me know a time and place. It is best to e-mail me: [email protected]. As you mentioned, because of spam, use AR Drive in your title.

7. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Excellent!

Gene

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, my Smackover, AR folks were by for some turkey and some Wild Turkey....

I told them you might want your name hand lettered on the door....they said to stop in on Main Street when you see the red Corvette!

Actually, Troy (of Troy's Signs) said.....

"Alan, those Ferrari guys don't want their name painted on the door, you're crazy!"...or something like that.

BUT if you saw all his cool hand painted work, you get SOMETHING painted on there! LOL!

Anyway......he does Team Trailers, Transport rigs...anything that will hold still while he paints it......I should have shown him those Red Girls from New Orleans....I forgot!

9. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I have gotten a decent number of PM's and emails concerning the drive. I just didn't want to not get participation due to a lack of participation. :)

Oh, its good for a thread "bump" too.

Gene

10. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
    The South Central Region Ferrari Club is putting together a membership directory. I just got the letter today. I encourage, as I hope others will, the Arkansas members to get their names in the directory. The directory will be distributed in 1st quarter 2007. This will give us a resource to contact each other and hopefully we can get a Arkansas region subchapter started for occasional get togethers and drives. Gene maybe the two of us can get together and get a Ark subchapter started. What do you think?

Greg

11. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I'm all for it! PM me or email me at

gene at my handlename dot com

Gene

12. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn

Is this through the FCA? If so, I haven't received anything yet.

13. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Greg, that is a great suggestion. Could you PM me with more information on how to enroll (yes, I'm a rookie...)? Thanks in advance.

Gene, regarding the AR Drive initiative, count me in. Sounds like a ton of fun! Anything I can do to help, let me know.

Spence, I'm looking forward to seeing your 348 (I bet you are too). Hope the weather holds out this week for the delivery...

Jarrett

14. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
    Yes, It is through FCA- South Central Region. I got a letter and form about it 12-2-06. Here is the info: The letter was from Grady Owens, South Central Regional Director FCA, 17906 Place Vendome Ct., Spring TX 77379. Phone: 281 320-1822

The info requested was:
    1. Name
    2. Address
    3. City/State/Zip
    4. Email address
    5. Curret Ferrari(s)
    6. Previous Ferrari(s)

This info can be mailed to Craig Harris, FCA Membership, 226A Asbury, Houston TX 77007.

For questions or additional information contact either Craig Harris at (281) 914-0044 or Paul Cox at (832) 216-5155.

Everyone from AR be sure to get in the directory so we can get better organized.

Greg

15. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Little Rock AR
    I don't own a Ferrari but would be interested in tagging along if nobody minds. I've got a Dodge Viper. We have a Viper club but it's pretty small. There are some really nice roads around central AR.

Let me know

Thanks

Bill

16. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    is there a date.

17. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I / we haven't come up with a date yet. I figure at this point probably mid to late January or February.

Gene

18. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Gene, would mind a guy from KC? I grew up in Rogers!

Chris Parr

19. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Of course we don't mind! If people come from a long distance it just puts more pressure on me to come up with a fun filled day. :)

Gene

20. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Gene, I would love to join ya'll. I'm up in Joplin - not too far away.

Steve.

21. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn

Jarrett, delivery has been delayed until the end of next week... That is also the same weekend I HOPEFULLY get released from my Army deployment.

Gene, let me know if you have a free day in the week or so around xmas. I'm taking some time off before I start work again, and I could drive down from Jonesboro.

22. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    gene,just a rally and lunch is good to me

jano

23. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Mid-to-late-Feb would be good for me if the weather is OK. I will be out of the country for the last 3 weeks in Jan and the first 10 days or so in Feb.

PLUG: highways 23, 62, 7, and 16 are good tight drivers, unless you're thinking interstate. If I'm not mistaken (help me out here), these roads all loop together through the Ozarks (Eureka - Harrison - Greers Ferry - then middle-of-nowhere and back to Eureka...). Just a thought.

24. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Those roads are great suggestions. I'm hoping to find some roads that aren't part of the Crescent Classic. I'm trying to keep the first one somewhat in Central Arkansas. I have some ideas for routes but am open to suggestions for sure.

Spencer,

I will have a lot of time off around Christmas. Just let me know what works for you. It would be great to meet you and your new car.

Gene

25. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    I'm not familiar with many of the back roads east of 65, but I'm sure you'll come up with a great route. This is going to be a lot of fun.

My 348 will FINALLY be delivered this week. According to the truck driver it will be here either late Thursday or early Friday, and then I will be home on Saturday for the Holidays. Hopefully the weather will hold up and I will be able to put some miles on it.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with everyone. Do you know of any "mini" events planned between Christmas and New Year's?

Spence, how's your car?