The Alonso SUCKS thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Alonso SUCKS thread

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 355, Aug 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    So what makes you think that Alonso didn't also earn in it 2005? :confused:

According to you, in 2005 Schumacher was handicapped by a poor car. While this may be true, it certainly wasn't in 2006. Alonso won it on the track. So the point is that you can't say that Schumacher would have won it in 2005 but for a poor design if in fact he couldn't win it the following year when he DID have a competitive car and still lost.

The WDC isn't awarded on the basis of who should win or who is the better driver. it is awarded to the guy with the most points. In 2005 that was Alonso. It is no one's fault but Ferrari's that they did not build a good car. It wasn't like the FIA sprung the rules on them at the last minute. In some years they produced a better car than the others, in some years they did not. It is incumbent on the driver to maximize the opportunity he is given. Alonso did that in 2005.

Arguing that he was gifted the title in 2005 when he went on to win again in 2006 without any such excuses is ridiculous.

2. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I'm not necessarily a fan of Alonso of the track but on the track he is one of the best drivers out there. This thread is ridiculous to suggest that he doesn't have any driving ability or innate skills on the track.

3. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Alonso is a great driver, easily one of the top 3 in F1 right now.

4. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Alonso is great on the track and I think has shown significant improvement off the track so I dont think he suck's I just dont care for him, it's something I cannot really explain or put into word's.

5. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #30 355, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
    Sorry but you are mistaken when you say the MS had very little to do with developing the car. He was the key factor in the development of the Ferrari. If you ever get to talk to any of his Mechanics they will tell you how he stayed around well into the dark working with them in the garage to get things working right unlike Alonso who takes off his helmet and leaves. MS won many races with the lesser car on the track. In his first 3 years with Ferrari he won many races without having the best car. In fact in 1996 he had a car that was about as good as the Renault is right now and how many times did he make it to the podium? Alonso had done nothing this year and the media no longer talks about him. He will soon be history. He will never drive for Ferrari.........Watch. BTW you say Piquet was lucky.....Maybe but skill breads luck.....When is Alonso going to get lucky......He was lucky when Mikes engine blew up in 2006.

Miichael Schumacher was to F1 racing what Tiger woods is to golf, what Wayne Gretzky was to hockey, what Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle were to Baseball and what Shack was to Basketball. The best in their business.

6. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I agree 100%. Actually I kind of hoped he would do better this year. As a person I can not stand him. I also think that he is probably in the top 5 on the grid, However I don't want to ever see him in Ferrari. This would be the day when I am not sure I would cheer for the Scuderia.
    Also as good of a driver he is, he is definitely no Schumacher or Senna. I don't think he can be in the same league with Prost or Lauda either. However I do believe he is better than JV and LH.

P.S. And for the individual who wrote on here that Alonshole is a legend-it is only true in FA's head.

7. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson

+2

8. HamFan

HamFan Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Janne
    I agree 100%.

Hopefully the Ferrari marketing and PR guru's will realise that Alonso would alienate a lot of their support base...which would ultimately lead to less Ferrari sales in more than just merchandising!

9. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    Look, that picture has 3 boobs in it.

10. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Why doesn't everyone wait till later on when we KNOW where the hell he is going instead of guessing and being pissed off because there are rumors of him MAYBE going to Ferrari. You would stop buying Ferraris because a guy you don't like is driving for their F1 team? Seriously, that sounds like something my girlfriends son (hes 7) would say, give me a break. No he might not be that nice to the press and not say what you want him to but who cares? How does this make him an *********? Do you hang out with the guy, is he your neighbor, do you know anything about him other than what you see after or during a race? He might be a hell of a guy just hanging out with. Some times when I'm working I don't want to look at anyone cause I'm having a bad day, am I an *********? When KR doesn't want to talk to the press or doesn't ever look like he is having fun (cause I could probably count on one hand how many times I've seen this man actually crack a smile) its ok. I learned a LONG time ago not to listen to the press because of $*it like this. I don't know, I just think some times some of the people here can say some pretty stupid things. The Massa sucks thread for an example. I won't get into it but damn, the second someone you don't like does something bad its all over for them. Wheres the Kimi sucks thread? That guy is getting shown up by the number 2 driver. We wont see that thread though cause there are too many people sucking on some parts of his. He is great yes, but so is Alonso. Its just everyone likes Kimi.

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Santander honored its contract at Mclaren even after FA left. They decided not to leave until the contract was up and fulfilled. They have been very publice about this. They didnt leave when FA left. They are going to Ferrari whether FA goes or not because its simply good business. I will post the story from PlanetF1 quoting the bank. They state it would be "ideal" to be aligned with FA but they make their moves independent of FA. FA is not on the board and does not make their marketing decisions. If he did they would have left when he cut his ties early with Mclaren.

FA has no deal with Ferrari. He is in talks with Honda and others. Kimi has stated publicly he will drive until the end of his current contract with Ferrari in 2009. Ferrari have publicly denied strongly and at the highest levels they have no agreement with FA. They have denied those all season and very quickly. They have never denied or spoken about any talks with other drivers including Kubica.

If FA had anytype of deal he wouldnt comment as openly as he has. Kimi said NOTHING about his deal with Ferrari. Others may have talked ,he said nothing and deferred politely when asked. FA does nothing of the sort. He has a contract with Renault and thats all. If he goes to Honda he may want a 1 yr deal but Honda would have to agree with that. He wanted that at Renault and the talks broke down. Ghosn the CEO at Renault personally was involved with that breakdown and told FA 3yrs or nothing. They compromised on 2. LDM has said no Kimi-Alonso pairing. Given Felipe's performance do they really NEED FA? Not at all. If Kimi keeps to his word, and he has stated he has ALWAYS honored his contracts, FA stays at Renault or goes elsewhere but not Ferrari in 2009.

If Felipe wins the WDC and Kimi stays they have 2 title winners but not the drama queens we endured last year at Mclaren.

FA has desires for Ferrari but that no way means Ferrari want him. Time will tell I suppose.

12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I have issues with Alonso, but he is probably top 2 imo.

13. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Nice girls, but being a major F1 superstar gives you access to thousands of willing young girls, I mean did you see the BABES at quali in Valencia? :D :D The top guys can get girls all over the world so easily it's not even a big deal (except maybe a celeb/super model conquest), and money isn't an issue, it's the IMMORTALITY of being #1 in the #1 sport that drives most of them I would think, and certainly Alonso. There is nothing more desirable than being Ferrari's #1, so I'm sure he would want it. The question is, if Massa won, then Kimi retired, or if Kimi won and Massa was canned, would they let Alonso come in as a Co-Numero Uno? I'm inclined to say no.

14. Andrew-400i

Andrew-400i Karting

Sep 22, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I know this is a Ferrari forum, but I have immense respect for Alonsos ability.

He seems to drag a result out of an absolute ****ebox. He's a REAL racer, who is still hungry for more success in F1.

Think about it, hasn't Kimi dropped off the radar this year. I know he came back from behind last year to win the WDC, but I believe his best driving years were in '05 at McLaren; only to have stunning performances let down my an unreliable German donk.

Renault won both championships that year by going a tad 'conservative' and seeking maximum reliability from their package. McLaren went out there to rotate the earth every round, and it bit them.

15. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Prove it.

So they told you this, did they? So what if he did, you're saying him doing this is more important than having an excellent fleet of designers, engineers, aerodynamicists, and management? I'm sorry but if you believe that, then there's no way to debate with you. I've also got a bridge to sell you..

So did the Renault mechanics tell you this? Prove it.

OK, so I guess Force India and STR should just hire MS, and they'll be multiple WDC and WCC champions in the near future?

You can also thank the very lucky and inferior Damon Hill, and rookie/ lesser driver, Jacques Villeneuve. The Ferrari wasn't as bad as you make it out to be. It was still the 2nd best car on the grid, even better than the Mclarens.

OK now how the hell do you know this? You just completely pulled this out of your ass, there's no credibility with you man!

Well then Michael was lucky that the FIA banned the mass damper, why does that crap you pull only apply for others? Oh right, because they're OTHERS, they don't get the benefit of the home team bias.

Nice line drop, but it proves nothing.

Alain Prost said that he's probably in the top 5 of all time when it comes to driving the car. Where Prost was most impressed, was how effective he was outside the car, getting the team to fully support him, and abide by what he wished. Yes MS is statistically the best, but I don't think you have a realistic opinion of why that is. I think you're wearing red tinted glasses, and you refuse to look at it from a different point of view.

16. HamFan

HamFan Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Janne
    Hey Maxorido,

Have you read 'Michael Schumacher - The Edge of Greatness' by James Allen? It certainly supports a lot of what 355 was stating with sources from within Ferrari including Jean Todt.

It is a very interesting read with a lot of - for me at least- previously unknown facts about Schumacher....some complimentary...others not. Made me admire him even more.

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I have that book and it does not support 355's view that Alonso was simply lucky.

Also we all are forgetting how lucky MS was ... and reading into everything whatever we want to read.
    Pete

18. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    This is a quick Ccp from Wiki, but it looks right and I don't think Schumi was lucky..I think he was just a true Champion, and Alonso wont ever have these kind of stats...

Record Number
    1 Championship titles 7 (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
    2 Consecutive titles 5 (2000–2004)
    3 Race victories 91
    4 Consecutive wins[1] 7 (2004, Europe–Hungary)
    5 Wins with one team 72 (Ferrari)
    6 Wins at same GP 8 (France)
    7 Wins at different GPs 22
    8 Longest Time between first and last wins 14 years, 1 month and 2 days
    9 Second places 43
    10 Podiums (Top 3) 154
    11 Consecutive podium finishes 19 (US 2001–Japan 2002)
    12 Points finishes 190
    13 Laps leading 4741 (22,155 km)[121]
    14 Pole positions 68
    15 Front row starts 115
    16 Fastest laps 76
    17 Doubles (Pole and win) 40
    18 Perfect Score (Pole, fastest lap and win) 22
    19 Championship points 1,369
    20 Consecutive race finishes 24 (Hungary 2001–Malaysia 2003)
    21 Points in a season for vice-champion 121 (2006)
    22 Wins in a season for vice-champion[2] 7 (2006)
    23 Wins at Indy (Any racing class) 5
    24 Wins at Monza (Formula One) 5
    25 Wins in a season 13 (2004)
    26 Fastest laps in a season[3] 10 (2004)
    27 Points scored in a season 148 (2004)
    28 Podium finishes in a season 17 (100%) (2002)
    29 Championship won with most races left 6 (2002)
    30 Consecutive years with a win 15 (1992–2006)
    31 Consecutive days as champion 1813 (from 8 October 2000 until 25 September 2005)

Screw Alonso I wont ever like him...F'ing uni brow..

19. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    They did the exact same thing with Kimi, right up to the moment that they announced him as Schumacher's replacement.

2 years? And how is it that Alonso is on the market for 2009? Is it because it is not really a 2 year deal but a one year deal with an option for a second year, exercisable by Alonso?

Honda is already on record as saying they are trying to sign Alonso to a one year deal. The rumors around the paddock are rampant that Alonso is signed for Ferrari for 2010. Most F1 journalists think it is a done deal. Ferrari and Alonso gain nothing by announcing it early.

Face it, all you Fair-Weather tifosi, Alonso is coming to Ferrari and it is a good thing. He doesn't suffer from inconsistent motivation, as Kimi apparently does, and he doesn't suffer from the brain farts under pressure that Massa does. He is a complete race driver and, alongside Hamilton, one of the two best drivers in F1 today.

20. DF1

#45 DF1, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008

Yes LH has never ever suffered a brain fart of any kind - RED LIGHT AT MONTREAL :)

To all those who say Alonso is a lock.......I dont think so. ** PS MR SENNA - Keep the fair weather talk to yourself. I will support who I like as I see fit. You would think we are getting paid to support Scuderia. I support them for my reasons and have since I was teen. I dont need you ridiculous assertions when all this here is speculation. I dont feel Alonso deserves the seat based on the spy scandal. Dont like it? Thats your simple problem. Others feel the same. WE ARE NOT WRONG. Its called FREEDOM OF CHOICE.

'Kubica agrees one-year extension'
    Tuesday 26th August 2008 - PlanetF1.com

Robert Kubica is reported to have agreed a one-year contract extension with BMW - setting him on a collision course with Fernando Alonso to take Kimi Raikkonen's seat at Ferrari in 2010.

It is a measure of the regard with which Kubica is held by BMW that the team have apparently agreed to the Pole only committing his future to them for a further twelve months having previously indicated they would only sign-off a three-year deal. If Kubica's contract extension only amounts to a single year then it amounts to BMW bosses effectively accepting that Kubica will depart at the end of 2009 unless they provide a car capable of winning a World Championship.

Kubica is bound to have an eye on the seat currently occupied at Ferrari by Kimi Raikkonen but which is expected to become available in 2010 when the Finn's contract expires. That is also believed to be the long-term goal of Fernando Alonso, with rumours also rife that the former World Championship is on the verge of signing a one-year deal with Honda that would also allow him to depart for Ferrari if the team fail to provide evidence next season that they can challenge for victories and titles.

21. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #46 355, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
    Fair weather is what you call us but it’s more like Tifosi that care about the team. It has been apparent for a long time that you are more of drivers fan than a Ferrari fan. You just want Alonshole in a Ferrari because they are the best team for consistency in the last 10 years. Alonso has had many brain farts but you just choose to ignore them. Tell me just what Alonso was doing in Valencia before he was rear ended? He was all over the track accelerating and braking like a wild turkey. He was bound to be rear ended. What about last season when he lost it into the wall in the rain or in Canada when he left the track no less than 4 times. He has made tons of mistakes but some in here choose to ignore that and many couldn’t see it with all the smoke created with the anti Massa post after every race. Your prediction of Alonso coming to Ferrari will probably be as accurate as Massa not winning 4 races this season or as accurate as Alonso having garnered more points than Massa or Kimi is not a drinker but real fast and will blow Massa away. So far You are not doing good with your predictions and that’s good for us Tifosi who care about the team and the direction it will more than likely take it Alonshole does come to Ferrari.

22. DF1

Carlos Ghosn: “Fernando, three years or no deal”
    November 20th, 2007 | Category: Alonso, Ferrari, Flavio Briatore, Renault, Rumors
    Reports from Italy and Spain are saying that negotiations between Fernando Alonso and Renault for a deal have momentarily stopped. The daily sports newspaper, Marca, claims that while team boss Flavio Briatore is happy to accept Alonso’s demands for a contract valid only through 2008, Carlos Ghosn, Renault’s CEO, is refusing to proceed on the offer if a 3 year deal condition is not met.

Rumors are saying that Fernando Alonso wants only a 1 year contract because he has already agreed to sign with Ferrari in 2009, even if Kimi Raikkonen will be under contract to the end of 2009 and Felipe Massa recently confirmed to the end of 2010.

The wire service Agenzia Giornalistica Italia quotes Ghosn as confirming: “It’s three years or nothing.”

23. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I guess it was nothing, then

24. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    A "tifoso' who was the first on these boards to disavow his allegiance to Ferrari if he did not agree with their driver signing. :rolleyes: Some folks make up definitions as they go along, it seems.

25. DF1

Of course its typical posturing. I was posting for informational purposes. Interesting reading no matter, especially when a CEO gets personally involved, they wanted no part of a 1 yr contract, just like all the other teams that balked on it at that time. Honda seems to be willing for that next year though.