The Alonso SUCKS thread | FerrariChat

The Alonso SUCKS thread

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 355, Aug 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #1 355, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
    This thread has been started so that anyone and everyone can spout about how bad Alonso really is. Is he deserving of any of his WDC? What has he done for Renault this year? Does he really help the development of the car when he insists that he constantly runs light fuel loads so he can stay in the limelite? Why has he not had an podium after a dozen races while he partner has? Why is Piquet only 5 poinst behind this socalled WDC? He badmouths his fan club and teams. He constantly whines about anything and everything unless he wins but he thinks he can race for Ferrari. Yes he does have some talent but is his talent strong enough to over-ride all his short comings? I think it is not.

2. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Piqet is only 5 points behind because he was extremely lucky to pit at the right opportunity, when the safety car came out. His 2nd place finish was due to his extreme luck in that situation, rather than any skill. Also, the fact is, if the car is clearly inferior to at least 6 other cars on the grid (Ferrari, Mclaren, BMW) then you have no chance at the podium unless something really out of the ordinary happens. Fernando is COMPLETELY deserving of his championships, and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous, imo.

3. madFerrariFan

madFerrariFan Formula Junior

May 9, 2007
    Karachi
    Full Name:
    MAQ Khan
    If you are not talking about his personal traits

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #4 RP, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
    I do not know him personally. I get the feeling away from the sport, he would be someone with whom you could sit and have fun talking racing and drinking Spanish wine.

In my opinion, he is exceptional driver. He is one of the all time greats. Probably not Schumacher or Senna, but certainly up there close with Prost and Lauda.

I do not blame him for running light, I would. Its not done to be in the limelight. In an era where you can not pass on track, you have to place the car near the front to have a chance of winning, even a podium. And hopefull you will avoid having a Williams run into the back of your car and ending your race.

Yes, he was lucky to have a great chassis under him when he won the two WDC's. With the crap 2005 car, Ferrari gave Alonso the first WDC, he earned the second. But in the really bad 2008 Renault, he has shown some brilliant drives and has taken the car where few other drivers could have gone.

I do not like that he knowingly used the stolen Ferrari dossier for his gain while at McLaren. Especially since he would nothave said anything if it were not for being backed into a corner by Max. I blame Ron Dennis, Lewis Hamilton, and Fernando Alonso equally for the mess at McLaren in 2007.

As Bob Varsha stated durinig the European GP broadcast, Alonso is one of the greats despite his people skills. Although it appears that marriage has tamed him a little.

So, no, I do not think Alonso sucks, he is one of the four best on the grid. I just do not want him at Ferrari.

5. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    #5 Barrister, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ermm, not going to well this Franco. A 2 x WDC cannot suck end off..

7. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    #7 Barrister, Aug 25, 2008
  8. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    WoW Big D.........I see where your coming from.;)

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Alonso shows you can be great in a great car. Overall this year it is what most expected mid pack car, occasional luck for a decent finish. I would think most drivers wouldnt fare any better. The car matters.

Alonso is as good as anyone else or a bit better with technique. His development skills are praised yet Mclaren are developing well without him. At Ferrari he should do well if he goes. I dont care to see him there as I agree that his use of stolen data was a bit cavalier and he should not be rewarded. As Mansell recently stated LH is a member of a group of drivers who can win in the right car, Alonso is in that group.

10. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    #10 Barrister, Aug 25, 2008
    This one's even better. DAMN. The hell with the car . . .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Talking about sucks, and showing pictures like these is going to get are resident tifosiron, hot and bothered..;)

WOW...:)

12. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I guess Schumacher was gifted 5 WDCs because the rest of the field produced inferior cars? :confused:

I find this argument to be nonsensical.

13. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    i dislike alonso on a personal level but i still think he's one of the best driver's in F1.

14. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    Senna3xWC and Rmani are like that guy on the Klondike commercial who doesn't look at the sexy girl when she walks by he and his wife at lunch.

Did you see the grid girls with Alonso??? Pant, Pant, Pant.

Give that man a Klondike bar!

15. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I don’t think it’s that ridiculous. The rules were changed in 2005 specifically to stop M.S. Never before in the history of F1 has a rule been introduced to stop a single team. They succeeded. It’s so obvious that even a blind man can see what happened. Nobody goes from winning almost every race in one season only to lose every race the next and then stage an unbelievable comeback the next season when the rule was reversed. IF that rule was never brought to be, Alonso would still be looking for the WDC. Anyone with an unbiased mind can see that. After that Alonso left Renault and only looked good at McLaren while driving with Ferrari technical date that was being tested by Delarosa and passed on to Alonso. Now that he is at Renault again he has done nothing to show that he was twice a WDC. Renault is going nowhere and Alonso will leave if they don’t improve. He will go where he can drive the best car that can be provided. He is not a developer of F1 cars. You will see this more and more in the next few years. Then there is his attitude and his inflated head and ego....Now we could go on for hours talking about that. Like I said before, he will never drive for Ferrari.....He is just another J.V. or Montoya type of driver period. The only record Alonso will ever break is being hated by the most pit workers and possibly for changing teams more than anyone before getting to boot to Indy cars.

16. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I cant tell whats bigger....the T!Ts or Alonso's head. :)

17. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Nonsense (as usual)

The rules have been changed many, many, many times for a single team. There are so many examples of this, I could write for days.

18. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    So what if the rule was instituted to stop Ferrari? If you have the machinery to get the job done, then it is what it is. Also, you seem to be attributing most of Ferrari's success to MS. The problem with that is, a driver actually has very little to do with the development of the car. You can thank all the engineers and aerodynamicists for the success of F1 teams. You sound like it's perfectly OK for Michael to win with the best car, but anyone else that does, is less than, because of the same reason Michael is winning. That sounds like a huge double standard to me.

At the end of the day, aside from how competitive you car is, thanks to, once again, the engineers, aerodynamicists, mechanics, and management, the best indicator of your abilities is your teammates. Case in point, Heikki Kovalainen. If Lewis wasn't at Mclaren, and Heikki was partnered with a driver of his abilities, then you wouldn't think the Mclaren is a consistent challenger for race wins, right? They would appear to be more similar to BMW than Ferrari, in terms of competitiveness. Now, because Lewis is driving for MC, and because he is better, we can see what the car is capable of. Up until a couple races ago, Alonso was blowing Piquet away. Piquet has improved, but he's still slower than Alonso, and DON'T mistake his lucky 2nd place as an indicator or his abilies, "even a blind man can see" that that was inherited thanks to luck and circumstance, period.

19. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    +1

20. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Your not understanding this is nonsensical. As far as I am concerned, Schumacher is superior to Alonso, the only way Alonso beat him in 2005 was because the Ferrari had a terrible Ross Brawn chassis and Ferrari could not get the tire issue straight. In 2006, Alonso won on the track, the Ferrari was better, more competitive, and even though Schumacher lost because of mechanical issues, that's racing. Alonso earned this.

And I thought Schumacher had 7 WDC's?? Take away the Mika years and the competition does not look very strong, so MS was gifted at least two of those WDC's. But then same goes for when Fangio won all of those WDC's. Even Senna earned only two of the three.

But that's racing.....

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I can think of maybe 12 in F1 since 1985, even with gimpy hand I could do this in one hour. Please, feel free to list them all.

22. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    He doesn't because he's going to Ferrari. That's why Santander is going and why Kimi's driving isn't so hot lately because he knows Ferrari isn't going to extend his contract beyond 2009.

23. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    quote: "Anyone who inspires a character in Taladega Nights is immediately suspect . . ."

response: I thought the character was based on JPM, not FA...

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Alonso doesn't suck. He is currently the best driver in F1 and I can't wait until he drives for the Scuderia.

25. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    +1

That just about sums it up for me as well