The Alberta Thread! | FerrariChat

The Alberta Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by brim, Jan 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Greetings all.

I thought it might be wise to consolidate all the Alberta-related information and discussion from the other various posts into one thread. As you can see by the list below, it's getting a bit difficult to follow all the things going on.

Scope of chat should include anything and everything related to this great province of ours, as well as the rest of the country, and will of course be informal.

Hope to see you all soon!

related past threads:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41856
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35558
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42793
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41756
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41694
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41754
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36319

2. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    #2 brim, Jan 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    AB is great! from what i understand you guys are getting a few nice new exotics... ferraris, gallardo, db9.. you guys deserve full service dealerships there.

4. Fiset

Fiset Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Jay Fiset
    I am looking for a Daytona, years ago there was one in NW Calgary with the license plate DREAMER or DREAMON. Does anyone know anything about that car? Is it still in Calgary? Who is the owner? Has anyone seen it on the road in the last couple of years?

Thanks and Happy New Year

5. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Good move Glen, this would definetly make it easier for us to follow what's happening over there! Great pics by the way, please post more!.

Cheers, from Toronto

Vasco.R

6. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Hiya Kewpie!

Alberta is great, except for the snow. Blah. I read in the Montreal thread that one of the chaps was booting around in his car yesterday or today I think.

This is bittersweet for us, because although it's great to hear about the vehicles out and about all over Canada, here today it's around -20 with windchill, and there's a foot of snow on the ground.

Maybe Pirelli should expand their empire and start making tires with studs for the F-cars for winter?

7. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004

Hi there Fiset. Greetings.

If anyone would know, it would be 2Nastie. Hopefully he will come along and give you some feedback. The man knows about everything Ferrari and Lambo related in this province.

8. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004

Hello hello Vasco.

Hopefully we will have a chance to meet someday. I checked out your website the other day and have read many of your posts. You seem to be running a class act over there.

I'm looking forward to being mentored by the "masters" and meeting as many new people as possible.

Keep dropping by, and post some pictures yourself! We'd love to see them.

Cheers.

9. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hey Glen. Thank you truly for your kind comments. Although my place is small, it is just a start for me. It will be almost a year that I am on my own.

Hopefully now with my new location I will be able to move one step closer into the level of "ZR" and the boys I have had the pleasure of working for in Toronto selling Exotic and Luxury cars.

As for "Mentor" I don't know about me BUT you should chat with Keith (KDS on f-chat) over there at Rennsport Calgary. Keith is a super guy who I would definetly call a mentor. He knows his stuff and runs a very clean opp. too!

Hopefully one day I can make it out there one day. God know's I have sent over a few cars out west but have never been there myself (Furthest west i've been is Niagara :p ).

Other than that, I'm just a car guy doing what he loves....Cars

Hope all is well and Happy New Year!

Vasco.R

10. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    well said!

11. Fiset

Fiset Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Jay Fiset
    Thanks for the heads up about 2nastie I will see if I can find him. If anyone knows of any other Daytonas in the area I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks again.

12. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    No problem at all, kind sir. I actually mentioned it to him today on the telephone. I'm sure if he knows something, you'll be contacted immediately.

13. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
  14. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello to our "cold" Canadian friends, Yes, 2Nastie is coming to our Vegas event and I hope that you to will come down with the 360. What about Dan's new Murcie ?? I'm in touch with 2Nastie to see what he needs for his F40 before rolling her to Vegas.
    This will be a great rehearsal for the June event in Calgary. You guys need the exercise !!( your cars too ).
    Roland
    F40LM

15. 2nastie

2nastie Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    Roland. Yes Dan is coming as well. I just got confirmation for Geoff with the 360 that is coming. I will try and bring at least 8 cars if that's OK.

16. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdy 2Nastie, You bet that a bunch of your friends are welcome to Vegas, they just need to promise to behave...mainly Dan and Glenn !!!
    Roland
    F40LM

17. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Met with my business partner this morning. He's going to make the trip down too with his 360. Sweet.

18. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Damn. Now that is sweet. Hope you guys have a great time! What event is this anyway?

Vasco.R

19. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    check the annoucement post. Pimpdaddy got it all out, almost !!
    Roland
    F40LM

20. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Sweet, Orin is coming with his new (special) 360 and Dan too. This will fun to see you guys in the US.
    2 weeks later, I have an event at PPIR in Colorado, you might want to leave your cars in Colorado to do that event (May 7/8th). I can keep the car at the ranch and get them to Pikes Peak int. I did talk to 2nastie about that since his car stays here and he wants to do that too. Like this, you guys will be ready for your event in June and I'll come North with a few friends.
    Roland
    F40LM

21. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys run your F-Cars in the cold. I live in Calgary and was thinking of getting a 2002 360 modena. I a little sceptical about running in the cold.

22. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Hiya Dino.

Depends on what you mean by "cold."

Zahir and I had our cars out in mid-December for a few quick blasts. There of course was no snow on the roads, and the temperature was in single digits for sure.

No problems at all. Cars felt great. In addition, people were freaking out seeing the cars booting around so late in the year.

That said, I wouldn't advise you driving the cars right now. -40C doesn't agree with almost any vehicle. The folding mirrors on my H2 even froze closed this morning!

Anyway, I say you go for it and get the 360. If anything else, you can stare at it in the garage during these cold winter months and prepare yourself for a long and incredibly fun driving season, come spring.

Good luck, and PM me if you want any additional info on 360 ownership.

23. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    thanks Glenn for the information. The minus forty today was terrible. I didnt exactly feel like getting up.

24. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Hmm. Was downtown today just out side Petro Canada center. Saw a red 355 spider turning right onto the road that leads up to the cecil hotel and what not. Nice car, awsome sound. VRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMM couldnt see any plates or anything.