The 70 Ferrari show at Pebble; conflict in times you can see it | FerrariChat

The 70 Ferrari show at Pebble; conflict in times you can see it

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bitzman, Aug 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Previously I was under the impression folks that didn't have concours tickets
    could see the cars Saturday evening, on the Peter Hay golf green near the lodge.
    But when I went there today, a low level guy told me "No, it's sunday after 4 pm"
    Now what is the sense of that when most people are driving home Sunday.
    I tried to talk to someone from Ferrari house but it was sort of like I am a private and I wanted to talk to the General. So I subtract my earlier description that you can see the 70 Ferraris if you Saturday or all day Sunday. Check with Ferrari NA but you may find, as I did, that communication is not their forte.

PS I think they are trying to be ulra snobby with their Ferrari House and whatnot, but I think some Ferrari owns will be so made at the prices for access to that and the general run around they will defect to....Porsche?

2. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    I'll check tomorrow AM at Concorso with a local dealer.

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I wish Ferrari USA would issue a press release with hours of the public display lest some people drive a log way and be barred until such and such a day and time. I for instance drove 5 hours but I can't wait until late in the day Sunday as it would mean I wouldn't get home until midnight Sunday

4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I talked to a Ferrari owner who is high enough on their list to have a La Ferrari. You would think he's treated like royalty, but nope. His next car is going to be a McLaren 720S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Lussolover

Lussolover Karting

Sep 22, 2014
    Were you able to figure this out?

6. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I saw out of the corner of my eye as I was exiting Pebble Beach about 7 pm some car fenders on the green so I think they are out there now, but didn't stop to ask if the public and see the 70 cars yet. Tomorrow will be murder trying to get to Pebble Beach but maybe Uber has solved the parking problem by making it possible for show goers to get there without needing to park a car. So let's hope spmeone else knows whether the 70 cars are available for viewing as I won't have my laptop and therefor can't communicate if they are. I know I saw some rare rare recent models like is it the Aperta, the new 612 and others.

7. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    70 Ferrari's are on display for public tomorrow on fairway 1 just Before you enter pebble beach concourse turn left.
    The terras of Ferrari 70y anniversery is only for invited guest. I was inside, looks nice but not worth $850,-/pp

70 ferrari's vary from 166MM, 500 Mondial etc, up to Fxx and 275c. Even 250 GTO and Sergio are on display.
    Hope to see you all there. It is stunning to see. Just came back (dark) but are impressed by display and high standard.

8. Lussolover

Lussolover Karting

Sep 22, 2014
    Does anyone know how late this runs? Hoping to go after laguna

9. CottonTx

CottonTx Rookie

Oct 30, 2014
    Dallas + Carmel, Ca
    Full Name:
    RsB
    Yes, the Ferrari 70th Anniversary is open to the public (if you can find a parking spot). The 1st hole does not require a pass.
    No 458 at the show. Last of the NA mid-engines. Sad.
    I'm thinking of driving my Spider down 2nd hole to the show to protest ;-)

10. High Sierra

High Sierra Karting

Jul 29, 2007
    AGL
    Full Name:
    Britt
    That's what I'm taking about!

11. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    But I saw pictures where there were dozens. So I want to know what I missed.
    Was there an opening night cocktail party Saturday night, open only to those with the Casa Ferrari badge? Was there a hospitality suite for those guests?
    Just curious in case I am ever asked to plan an event.
    I really enjoyed the choice of cars, especially the 250GTOs, having was it three at least?
    Also the space between the cars and the tiny signs that didn't crowd into a good picture of the car. I realize owners of later more mass-produced cars are put out their model was represented but I think they wanted as many really rare ones as they could get , and don't forget, many of the best on the Peninsula were already over the Pebble Beach concours a few feet away. So this way visitors paying no money got to see something worth a several hour drive.

12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

Attached Files: