The $40,000 Mondial 8 | FerrariChat

The $40,000 Mondial 8

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by sjmst, Jun 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
  2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Well if a Euro QV with a bad motor is worth $16100, I'm sure a good 8 needs to be worth at least $24k now.

:D

3. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    YES!

4. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    It's easily worth $40K if you include disassembly and shipping.

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    That's probably what he means - $25K for the car and $15K s/h

6. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Hmmm.... sounds like Judy really likes her crack pipe!!! LOL.... yeah and my car might be worth 50 or 60 thousand if I disassembled it and sold off the parts....

THIS IS FOR VERY SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY.ANYONE WITOUT EXCELLENT FEEDBACK WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.THIS IS A GARAGE KEPT 18,000 KM (11,000MILE) VEHICLE AND IS AS CLOSE TO PERFECT AS POSSIBLE FOR IT'S AGE.THE PAINT AND MECHANICS ARE PERFECT.THE CAR IS AVAILABLE AT OUR WRIGHTSVILLE,PA 17368 LOT FOR INSPECTION,BUT NOT FOR TEST RIDES.WE HAVE AN OUTSTANDING FERRARI MECHANIC IN OUR AREA,AND AFTER A DEAL IS CONSUMMATED,AT THE CUSTOMERS COST WE WILL BRING IT TO THE MECHANIC FOR THEM.IT'S A ONE OF A KIND THAT COULD HAVE A RETAIL OF UP TO $40,000 .THE CAR IS IMPORTED INTO THE US,WHICH IS THE ONLY WAY THEY CAME IN 1982,AND IS HERE WITH A CLEAN PENNSYLVANIA TITLE.GOOD LUCK WITH BIDDING,ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL OR CALL 717 252-4700 AND ASK FOR JUDY. RESERVE IS A VERY REASONABLE $25,000

7. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    1. Grey market car. Correct me if I am wrong, but Modials were available thru US dealers in 82 contrary to the above stated -they only way they came.
    2. I live 15 miles from Wrightsville PA and know of NO Ferrari techs anywhere near here. Not to say there arent any, but I probably would have heard thru my pals who are heavily involved in dealing and trading Ferraris and other exotics. The only Ferrari wrench I know of around here is me and I dont do work for others.
    3. What exactly qualifies this car as a one of a kind???
    4. Loved the fuzzy engine bay pictures. I should try that trick with my QV. It may look concours then.

EBAY is full of retards like this. One Mondial for sale and suddenly they are exotic brokers!?!?

John

8. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    The reserve is $25k which is a lot for a Euro 8, but if the car is perfect it's not a bad deal. The fact the auction is private really rings a warning bell; someone may know the car and have a tale to tell bidders about it.

No test drive? Another red flag.

Ken

9. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    Does "All Original" include those vintage Michelin TRX tires? I'll bet the ride is a bit harsh with 23 year old rubber.....

10. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Agree. No test drive is pure BS. How about a PPI? I wonder if that would be permitted.
    This seller subscribes to the theory that there is a sucker born every minute.

11. wrxrob

wrxrob Rookie

Mar 2, 2004
    MD
    I'd like to see what carfax has to say about the VIN.

In his feedback, he received a ding for inaccurate mileage in another sale.

12. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    What is it with people that will pay $17K for a car with a blown engine, but they won't cough up a reasonable amount of money for a nice car? (This is just a general observation, totally unrelated to this particular car). You put a POS junker on eBay and it goes for $15K+ and you put a nice car on there and the auction ends without a buyer when the Buy It Now was $25K. I guess any Ferrari under $20K is just a magic number, and the condition is not important.

In MINT condition this car might be worth $25K to the right person....if it has had a recent documented major and needs nothing.

I can sort of understand his "no test driving" rule. Remember that for every serious Ferrari guy like us that calls to look at it, he probably gets 10 calls from 17 year old test pilots that just want to drive a Ferrari. I could be wrong.

Buyer beware...."secret" auctions are always suspicious to me.

Birdman

13. Air_Cooled_Nut

Air_Cooled_Nut Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Toby Erkson
    What's the difference between a SERIOUS bidder and a VERY SERIOUS bidder? And how does the seller know what type of bidder you are?

Oh well, since I'm just a frivolous bidder I guess I can't bid :(
    Just kidding around :D