"That part costs HOW much?" | FerrariChat

"That part costs HOW much?"

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by dstacy, Apr 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Driving home the other night I notice the interior lights keep turning on for a few seconds and then go out. I figure it is the timer or relay going out so when I get home I pulled the relay. The next morning I come out and see the red light in the door jam is on. Ah ha! It isn't the relay or timer it is the door jam switch.
    So I do some digging to find it in the parts book. It, of course, is in the parts book right where you'd expect to find it. Where is that you ask? Oh silly boy it isn't listed with the doors, no not with the electricals; why it is listed with the windshield wipers of course! (I swear go look for yourself)
    Now if you were a door jam switch for a 27 year old Italian car that was never imported into the US...
    A) What would you cost?
    B) And how hard do you think it would be to find you?​

Can you believe it? The answers are "$4" and "It took one phone call" :D I'm so nervous now because nothing can actually cost $4 on this beast; surely you have to remove the engine or something in order to replace it.

2. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Fortunately for us there are some same parts in panteras, alfas and Fiats parts. Four bucks is solid where did you find them?

3. GreggG

GreggG Karting

Jul 14, 2008
    New Jersey
    Dave,

Purchase all existing supply--corner the market-- and start selling them for 50x your acquisition cost. Others have done it. Why not you?

4. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Pure class, you deserve that result.
    For entertainment i was sitting in St Tropez carpark $$$£££Euro Euro trying to find out what eventually after several completely random engine power failures was diagnosed as a fuel pump regulator sticking. The St Tropez recovery guy is a very rich guy and probably owns a large villa on the beach and has a gorgeous Tropezian model girlfriend though ime sure he stops and wonders about how morally wrong it is to clean out any poor ususpecting tourist!

5. Fritz Ficke

Fritz Ficke Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Tucson, AZ.
    Full Name:
    Fritz Ficke
    A Ferrari parts story with a happy ending and a "twist" :)

6. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Dennis McCann had it in stock