Thank you local FOX.... | FerrariChat

Thank you local FOX....

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by lorenzobandini, Apr 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ......for the infomercials instead of Long Beach. :mad::(

2. Egads....and UFC prelims too.......

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Make your displeasure known to the good folks at NASCAR (ur, uhm..) IMSA in Daytonner Beach.

They bungled the live streaming of the 24 Hours of Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring, promising to get
    it right for Long Beach when I spoke with them. Sorry, but my interest in the whole thing is practically
    nonexistent now but if they start getting more and more complaints, they'll have to react.

BHW

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You should call up the station and complain. Maybe they assumed that no one was interested in the racing. If they hear from the customers, they might act differently next time.

5. 'Have on many occasions; both the stations and sanctioning bodies. Nadda.

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    After the 24 Hours of Daytona live streaming debacle, I was furious, wrote IMSA
    and got a response from Rich Merrill.

I have since spoke with Rich a couple of times as we experienced the same problem
    during Sebring.

Here is his information...

Rich Merrill | Director, Brand & Consumer Marketing | IMSA
    One Daytona Boulevard | Daytona Beach, FL 32114
    Office: +1 386.310.6580
    [email protected]

BHW

7. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Was on my affiliate, but I still didn't watch. Cars still look like ass and half the field was unrecognizable to me. Not to mention a first lap accident / caution, I couldn't bear any more.

8. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Shockingly was on my local affiliate as well. Must be for all the Californians that are moving here.

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    IMSA's arrangement with FOX Sports is so convoluted that it makes absolutely no sense.

First, I was told that during the long distance races, they shift from FOX Sports 1 to FOX Sports 2 to
    FOX Sports (fill in name here) in order to land new fans. Yes, by all means, changing the channel
    numerous times so people have to go searching for the event is going land tons of new fans. Good
    luck with that logic.

Then, I was told that if a local FOX affiliate chooses not to show a race in a particular market, then
    that market cannot get live streaming of the event either. Thus, during the 24 Hours of Daytona,
    those of us in South Florida got to see women's college basketball and infomercials.

This I was told was due to the arrangement that IMSA made with FOX. So, if you're in a market
    where the host channel decides to show something other than is being broadcast by the network,
    you're SOL.

Rich told me that any issues would be resolved in time for Long Beach but the event totally slipped
    my mind. But, wasn't it interesting that I was able to watch the Chinese Grand Prix and the Long
    Beach Indy Car race all live streaming without missing a beat?

BHW

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    And a problem is that I cannot get FOX Sports 2 in this market at any price. And I think that is still true of much of the country.

11. 'Caught the replay tonite and tho' not live, I kept myself ignorant of the results so good enuff. Years ago, I woulda been PO'd but "it just doesn't matttterrrr..." anymore.
    (The MMA prelims replay, also, yesterday)

12. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    This is what happens when a great thing goes 'corporate'.
    It's not just motorsports, it's everything.

13. Daayyy-aaammm! You're alert!!! We need more lerts..... :p:D