Thank you .co.uk ! | FerrariChat

Thank you .co.uk !

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by raemin, Dec 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    The French/UK border was closed this night at 0:00, look what Santa (the postman) delivered to my door at 10:00! So glad this parcel could make it despite of pandemic and Brexit :

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Let's face-it British companies have made my life much easier during the last decade. Almost all my parts were sourced on the other side of the pound through Superformance, Eurospares, Cohpro and 3wayComp.

Aside from the reproduction parts manufactured in the UK, these companies have even made it easier to buy French, Italian and German made parts. If it were not for these companies I would have never been able to source parts that are actually manufactured next to my door!

Now that we just cannot get any item shipped from the UK, I come to realize that paying an additional 10% import (Brexit) fees would seem perfectly acceptable given the circumstances! I sincerely hope these helpful businesses can survive this period.

2. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Doesn't seem to be an issue sending out from the UK. I sent something to the US and it took less than a week to arrive, but its now been sat in the USPS now, for return, since the 23rd November and hasn't moved! :(

3. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Graham,

I cannot speak specifically for USPS, but here in Canada (CanadaPost) a similar thing is happening. During the holiday season, both USPS and Canada Post take longer to delivery with items. However, adding Covid to the mix has really amplified the issue do to the substantial increase in shipment volumes, but also because Covid-19 restrictions, lock-downs, staff shortages tend to be regional and so creates pressure points in the whole system. I ship routinely between Canada and the US and I have CanadaPost/USPS shipments that normally take 4-5 days are 3 weeks in and counting. Even Fed Ex, which is the gold standard here in North America, has delivery delays... overnight service is a maybe and more likely 3-4 days. Interesting times for sure!

Cheers,

Sam

4. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    I had the craziest thing happen to me, I ordered 3 car covers from Eurospares and they traveled from the UK to San Diego California in 24 hours, I was floored when I saw them arrive.
    See the FEDEX tracking

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    That's what I had when I sent from the UK, picked up by the courier on the Friday and had notification it was exported on the Saturday! Arrived at the recipients house on the following Thursday, less than a week all in!

6. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
  7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    That. Is. Insane. Just wow.

8. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    The better news is that the border has re-opened, so goods can flow easily between the EU and the UK through France. We can all have a happy Christmas after all!