[Texas Race #3] APR 18-19th, 2009 - NASA at TWS | FerrariChat

[Texas Race #3] APR 18-19th, 2009 - NASA at TWS

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by rob lay, Apr 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    At least two 355 Challenge cars will be racing in Super Touring 2 among all the Vettes, Porsches, BMW's, and etc.

http://www.nasatxracing.com/

2. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Good luck Rob!

I'd love to come do TWS, but once again the schedule overlaps F430Challenge.
    I won't make June either, but maybe August back at TWS.

Do post the results, were you running 1:53s there?

Mark

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, just under 1:53 CW, my guess CCW is a tad slower. Kick butt!

4. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    This looks like great fun, is it better to go on Saturday or Sunday?

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Because this is the one weekend a year they do an enduro I would say Sunday. There is 8 hour enduro 12-8pm Saturday that I'm not doing. We are racing Saturday morning though. Sometimes Sunday there are less cars after all the mechanicals and crashes. So if just doing a half day Saturday morning might be OK. Here's the schedule and they stick to it +/- 15 minutes. Ferraris are Group 7.

http://www.nasatxracing.com/docs/TWSApr2009sched.pdf

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    rain rain rain - waited to leave DFW after lunch to miss the thunderstorm which kept me in the clear until Waco. Waco through College Station really heavy in places, of course pouring through my unloading and stopped just as we were leaving the track. :)

Rob and Colin said most of the test day was black flagged off because of the lightning, only about 2 hours of track time and that was wet.

100% chance of rain predicted tomorrow morning. :eek:

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    A problem with TWS there are many areas that flood, head to higher ground guys.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #8 rob lay, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had one of the lucky dry spots, some areas were almost 2 feet deep. Had to leave track out of back entrance with front tunnels closed. All sprint races were canceled today with lightning from 7 until almost 11am, also several parts of the race track were flooded. Sprint races were step child to the enduro today, so at least they will get their full 8 hours. Plans are to add today’s missed sprint race to tomorrow, so I could end up with 1 qualifying and 3 races tomorrow. Car is all good, but I need to head back to track and put the drys back on. 0% chance of rain tomorrow morning. Here was my view most of the morning looking out from the garage and then driving track to back exit.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    So how did you do on Sunday?

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    With Saturday's canceled sprint race added to Sunday it was a busy day. 3 races plus the qualifying. Finished all 3 races in 2nd behind the Z06, but he was DQ'd the first two races for the exact same thing (passing under yellow). This guy has just developed the worst habit you can of not looking at the corner stations and it let me inherit the wins. The 350 Z and Colin in the 355 C followed up behind us for Super Touring 2. This has moved me up to 1st in the series championship, but I'm 50-50 on doing Hallett. Over 35 cars in the group, much fun and a beautiful sunny cool day.

Here are some photos…

http://www.bluemelon.com/cafephoto/am1-7

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Here's video from the 350 Z that started behind me. Not much to watch, but you see me pick up 2-3 places in T1-2.

http://vimeo.com/4468278