Testarossa Top Of Engine Refurbish | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Top Of Engine Refurbish

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Shamile, Nov 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #351 carguy, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Shamile...!!! Great to hear from you over there on the dark side! Yes I did transgress into a Maserati. My significant other, did not like the flat-12 and really loved the Quattroporte Sport-GT...that is the only version of the QP to have in my opinion. It was great but not "special" like a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Sadly I'm just a bystander now days, life had taken some turns and a Ferrari is out of my reach - unfortunately. So pathetically I live my exotic car life through others. I agree with you Shamile, the Aventador is a stunning car.

I have to tell a story if you don't mind, it's funny how small this world is when it comes to exotic cars. When I lived in Michigan and got the Mazer, I looked around the dealership at other exotics and saw my first Aventador, it was satin black, black interior - yellow piping, and yellow calipers...just knocked my socks off. The dealer said the car was already sold to a guy down south and the new owner was taking forever to pick it up. Time goes by and we move south to the Columbus, GA area. In traffic I hear a very loud V-12 but couldn't see where it was coming from. I was spinning my head like Linda Blair's in the exorcist looking for the car...then from behind a truck...this metallic green Aventador blasts by...rattling windows....just awesome. After several months of settling into our new location we found a family doctor and I went in for a routine check up. I'm sitting in the little exam room and on the shelf is nothing but car magazines, I thought...this is my kind of doctor. He finally comes in and we are just making small talk when I see he has a Lamborghini ink pen and I said "hey....neat pen". He says he got it when he visited the Lambo factory last year. I then say...wow...I just happened to see a green Aventador the other day in traffic. He says "oh I know that guy" I say "really...?" He says "yes...that was me". I sit there with a dumb look on my face for about 30 seconds before I finally compliment him on his choice of cars. I asked how does he like it and he says..."surprisingly I like the e-gear". He said on his previous Aventador the e-gear was too unrefined. I said..."you had another Aventador?" He replied...."Yes...a satin black one with black & yellow interior" I said "I think I saw that car! Was it at MAG in Dublin, OH?" He said..."YES...!!!" Well then we were off and running talking about cars for the next 45 minutes.

I've had all kinds of cars in my life, classics, muscle cars, vettes, but to me nothing is as special as an Italian exotic....I do miss them...!

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    hope you will get no invoice for medical discussion? :)

3. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi Turbo-Joe....no invoice....but I was kind of hoping for a ride.

4. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Shamille, I appreciate the offer on the Murci. Buying a new house so that will have to wait. So at 54 the 27 year Olds are still 18 in my book! A big freeze back at Ya for all your help and insight.

5. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Chaseing?????????????? More like Catching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamile likes this.
  6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Ah, I'm glad you found this thread. I was going to post a link in your K jetronic thread. I tried to do it from my smartphone but I can't copy and paste the url...as there's no header for it to show up in.

I took the whole thing apart and once that swing arm gets tight, there's nothing to adjust or lubricate. I had to replace the whole unit. Since I did, the car has run perfectly ever since.

I suggest contacting Norwoods. They were very helpful to me and since they do those turbo conversions on TR's, I figured they would have a few K jetronic units lying around.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gialllo uno likes this.
  7. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Dude, I am a young 56 and really appreciate all your threads. I am a decent mechanic.......I think........Sucessfully working on a 98 V8 Lotus and you know the Brits.....I just had my hip replaced feel great too much running trying to keep my fat a** well not so fat....so I got some time to do the much neglected maintenance. I wish I was a bit more detail oriented like you. My upload pictures well aint quite as impressive. Still thinking about a Lambo. I Love the Diablo and Mucie's. Thanks Brother

8. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You are Da Man ...........Sort of like a Matthew mcConaughey in dazed and confused, great car movie but just in general where he is standing out the pool hall after graduateing high school a few years earlier and still hanging out with the high schoolers, Your new Quote Shamile.........

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Thanks Bud for the Advice and help!!!