Testarossa Price Trends | Page 223 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Good Morning All,

The asking price adjusted over the years as the husband didn't really want to sell it ( as was obvious each time I had a buyer the price changed up & down )
    Then when he passed away, then Covid hit, the family chose to hold on to it for the time being, and now we have it on BaT

BaT required that all listings be taken down while the auction is live, I spent a couple weeks back and forth with them on " options " and they stood firm. So, here we are.

The car is not "Pebble Beach perfect", but IMO is in much better condition that the Black/Tan higher mileage example that went at Pebble a few years ago for $405k

Its the nicest driver , serviced, and reliable example I have seen.

Steve

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I seeM to recall close to 400k. Weird the mods removed the ad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixcarbs likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

What’s interesting though is:
    1-European market hasn’t taken off . I saw a 512 Tr, 94 in Lyon where I’m from for 140k
    2-Aside BAT dealer seem to struggle to moved those and get BAT money presently. Not saying they don’t but seems very easy to put car there and make some money.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Definitely a sellers market right now and looks u can’t get a good tr below 120k.
    About 20 cars advertised on market today. 2/3 are super high mileage, 2/3 have been modified, at least 4 have a bad carfax...only leaves about 10 good ones.

campbell360, blkdiablo33 and Zeff like this.
  6. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Good analysis of inventory.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

8. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    God, I'm hopping that is a wrap!!!!

9. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i think most tr owners who own the nice examples if for sale wont let go for what
    i think the 120 tr will be the ones needing work .i think its still a buyers market before they reach starting high 100s ,now is the time if your under insured to get it corrected my agreed value went up on my policy

MS250 likes this.
  10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    im sure it is thats alot of work to go into it with paint

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Nope !

12. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    I mean, I love the American Flag and all, but that's a tad too much for a Testarossa.

13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    wow that was alot of work into it.i love my american flag good for the owner

14. dkyranakis

dkyranakis Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Car is local to me I was called to look at it in person..... Incredible condition full repaint (was Rosso corsa) with under 6k miles, good service history and a fresh major. Interior is extremely clean. The amount of work someone put into the paint is crazy. Could be $30-$50k paint job. It’s really that good but.... now what? I know the seller and it could make a great car if someone wanted to wrap it. DM me if you want me to connect you. Not sure what price he’s thinking

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  15. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Looks like a New Miami Vice is coming out sometime in 2021. Check you tube for previews. Yeah and don’t ask me about what this has to do with prices. Believe me this has everything to do with prices. A white tr is featured in this as well.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

He ruined the car tbh

RQtetto, sherrillt and EZORED like this.
  17. stalwart

stalwart Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Thanks, that show was the reason I had a white/black '89 follow me home in 1991. I bought it from a local guitar equipment legend Floyd Rose, he refused to actually drive the car any distance and the one mile drives to the golf course never let the engine break in (or warm up). I bought it two years old with 1,700 miles. He was so annoyed about burning oil and fouling plugs he ordered a new 348. I put 1000 miles on it and it never burned oil again. Something seems wrong with going from a 12 cylinder that you don't drive to a V-8, or perhaps I'm a snob. The reason I didn't put a bajillion miles on it? I got married and life got in the way, plus the license fees when I bought it was about $3400 a year, a lot for newly married guy in his 20's.

blkdiablo33 and Zeff like this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Interesting to see that market is definitely Strong and has dwindled .
    Im observing a similar trend to 2015 where many new cars are popping up with a fresh major and a high asking prices but are not moving.
    My observation seems that they still seem to
    Be a bit hard to move as it takes a connoisseur to want one. Really seems if u have one BAT is the way to sell it (if u want to).

Example 1-91 TR, 41k miles, they are doing a service and want 145k
    Example 2-1988 TR black ok black , was for sale for 1 year at Ferrari Newport Beach, fresh major, kept dropping price. Car moved to Reno now, did a major want 125 (2 major in 3 years but good car) Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    There is not. Those are fan made edits.

20. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    You're wrong there. There's plenty of Youtube clips of scenes of the new series out. Been seeing them for 2months. They do use a newer white Tr. Many of the same cast have returned. Best part is it's got the same feel and flavor of the original series.

Zeff likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Zeff likes this.
  22. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No, you are the one who is wrong. They are all fan edits. They put together newer cast member roles to splice the scenes together. Also the Vin Diesel idea has been scrapped as well. Miami Beau with 7k subscribers would certainly not be handling the re-release of a network reboot and many of the cut and paste scenes are easily recognizable.

Parnelli likes this.
  23. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Cool story bro, but even the info you used is contradictory as the supposed reboot scenes use Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas, while your Vin Diesel article states they would not be involved. There is no reboot at this time. Don Johnson is currently playing on the sitcom Kenan. Trust me, I wish there was one.

Parnelli likes this.
  24. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    PineChris is correct. And, like him, I too wish there was a reboot! Although it would NEVER be as good as the original.

Remember that super hot girl you hooked up with for a few months back when you were in college? Now fast forward 32 years. She's still very nice. But she is 32 years older! :(

I'm guessing your "obsession" with her would not be quite the same.

Some things are best left in the past .....where they peaked out

25. mikeferrari2000

BANNED

Dec 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    mike ferrari
    There is still a demand for the nostalgia, in fact nostalgia has a huge premium now for the guys that liked MV back in the day but could never afford the TR then, now they can though they may have horse shoe hair style or bad comb overs and too fat to wear pastel shirts and linen jackets and shoes with no socks, and they may be too fat to fit in a Ferrari but they can still look at it from outside.

Parnelli likes this.