Testarossa Price Trends | Page 220 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jcm12

jcm12 Karting

Apr 18, 2013
    Western KY
    Full Name:
    Jay Mayolo
    1986 Ferrari Testarossa for sale on BaT Auctions - ending March 16 | Bring a Trailer

I'll probably get roasted for posting this but I am very curious about where this one goes. I know I'm a nobody/dreamer, but I have been in poor health for several months now, I am 51, and am still having tests run to try to figure everything out. This has made me do a lot of thinking, some of that thinking is along the lines of making an outlandish purchase. Life is short, we don't always know how short.

sherrillt, blkdiablo33 and turbo-joe like this.
  2. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Be careful, it's TMU which means True Miles Unknown, TMU is completely different from mileage not guaranteed because of the age, TMU 100% means an odometer descrepancy.

jcm12 likes this.
  3. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    If I knew my life was going to be cut short I would not hesitate to buy my dream car. Go buy one. We all know money doesn’t do any good when your gone. Unless you give it away like a winning lottery ticket.

4. jcm12

jcm12 Karting

Apr 18, 2013
    Western KY
    Full Name:
    Jay Mayolo
    Thanks for the comments, I still have some tests to be run. Hopefully I’ll be around a while. I have always loved the Testarossa.

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I understand the desire to buy one....but are you sure it's this one? Starts by saying clean CarFax, but then turns out there is an accident (severity?), 2 cases of odometer inconsistancy, then TMU to cover up who knows.

Natkingcolebasket69 and ChipG like this.
  6. jcm12

jcm12 Karting

Apr 18, 2013
    Western KY
    Full Name:
    Jay Mayolo
    Point taken.

Natkingcolebasket69 and Shark01 like this.
  7. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    A Testarossa with issues can be extremely stressful and expensive so make sure you understand what you're getting into.

turbo-joe and jcm12 like this.
  8. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

I hope your health issues can be resolved successfully. But as has been posted above, don't jump into the purchase based purely on emotions. Even with all the research and a PPI, these cars can still unexpectantly surprise you (after all they are well over 30+ years old).

You want a car that you can just jump into and drive. No need to add onto the stress you are already under.

jcm12 likes this.
  9. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    One more thing, cars on BaT seem to sell for 20-30% more there than anywhere else, I'd buy a car from somewhere else, one you can take to a mechanic for a PPI and test drive, I have heard a lot of bad experiences from people who bought cars off Bring a Trailer so be careful.

sherrillt and jcm12 like this.
  10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    jay, it looks like this car is in my backyard. if you are serious about it I can definitely tell you who to get to go inspect it/ppi. DM if you want.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    all fair points that should be factored into price

jcm12 likes this.
  12. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    $100,500 for a car with at least 42K miles. Interesting even cars like this have reached the 100K mark. Is the single mirror, a PLUS in value, or does it not really add much? Shocking how many OTHER cars are fetching 200K, 300K, 400K. The Testarossa seems a little unloved. We have vast uncertainty right now on the value of the dollar. Are we parking money in cars as a hedge?

13. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    The amazing move has been the 355 6sp Berlinetta's

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. dkyranakis

dkyranakis Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    People are asking big numbers for 355 GTB but 355 GTS is the one to have and really bringing the money.

I suspect the 360 while not as beautiful as the 355 will gain strength in the market in near future. It’s a better car, more reliable and still very rare in 6 speed manual. Also has the cool engine cover which is clear :)

15. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    If you look at Hagerty valuation right now Testarossa values are moving up fast..Still a great value In my opinion and will go much higher if you have the right car with good provenance and a rare color. Like... white/white

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  16. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    white on white ha ha

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Personally I prefer the gtb.
    The 360 is too plasticy and doesn’t sound as good. Only a 360CS would do for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Interestingly I can find you post in the same thread where people said Hagerty’s number are rubbish when they showed prices going down but I guess they are right when going up

ChipG likes this.
  19. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I just sold my 360 spyder f1. Had it for 8 years and liked it. I would not have sold if it was a manual. I would not consider it plasticy!

sherrillt and dkyranakis like this.
  20. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    I think you have me confused with someone else

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Not you
    I said in the thread you will see people thinking Hagerty is worthless and that was when the prices went down , it wasn’t u;)

dkyranakis likes this.
  22. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    I prefer the feel of the 355 GTB but the look of the GTS :). The 360 interior is better made than the 355 in my opinion. Agree with you on sound. A few years back I drove a 360 stick coupe fro. Halifax to philadelphia. What a drive! The car performed great with no issues.

23. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    jcm12 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  24. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Prices are flat according to Hagerty. They are also going off of older sales. I don’t believe the prices have changed that much. They will change just be patient.

25. Natkingcolebasket69

I got a 355 spider, terribly made but super fun in canyons;)

dkyranakis likes this.