Testarossa Price Trends | Page 204 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I know what he paid, because the seller is a good friend!

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

#5077 Natkingcolebasket69, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Zeff shared with me what he paid too, I think he had a great deal, specially after seeing the car in person for service a few weeks back!;) Stunning rare example bound to appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I wouldn't know what a great deal would be on a TR like that one. Color makes it harder to get to price guess. Hard for a apples to apples sale to show up.

4. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Love the color and it its a pro car in every way.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. jbernard73

jbernard73 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 25, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Is this the 512TR being referenced? If I recall, Roy was asking $179K before it sold. It started much higher but had been sitting for a while. If you wanted silver/black, it was a great deal as few others were available with low miles and priced below $200k at the time. Prices leading in to the second half of 2020 are now seemingly on the rise but more so for Testarossa’s than 512TR’s. Expect 512’s will be next in line so good chance to lock one down before we potentially see another 2015 type run even if it doesn’t hit the same peaks. The near term bottom on Testarossa’s may likely be behind us if recent BAT sales are any indicator. There’s also been growing market strength towards colors other than red. That’s a good sign for the overall TR/512 market.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep it’s the car... Bat cars are up for the red ones like 10%-15% during this pandemic. 512 could be next, should be next ...who knows it’s 2020 after all...
    BAT buyers don’t seem to be representing all the other auction houses though, see attached.
    BAT is hard to get- why bid on a car unseen when most of them were on autotrader, eBay, car guru for sale forever...makes little sense to me... to me the best deal this year is sonfield (member here). He contacted me for a TR and I recommended one at morries in minessota- 1 owner, 13k miles, serviced was for sale first at like 130k, 6 months later he got it at 100k... which is why i wonder if BAT bidder check the internet at all...it’s not rocket science, those are all, for the most part, well advertised cars.
    Globally market has less cars for sale and selling prices are recently up- not sure if it’s people bored of covid, sunny season but facts are there.
    It’s all across the market heck even FF’s on BAT are selling for 125k vs 100k for the one presented elsewhere, and there are like close to no 355GTB for sale. Interesting times!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

jbernard73 likes this.
  7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i spoke to the guys at driver source today after i dropped off a car to avoid the hurricane, and he was telling me there is a big buying wave going on, and he specifically said testarossas, 308's, 328's

also older porsche, bmw, and mercedes.

8. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Even the muscle car dealers tell me its hot and they get twice the traffic because of "at home workers" so I suggest as well, if you have one to sell
    now is the time.

9. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I think the color thing is that a lot of red cars have higher miles so it attracts buyers to lower mile other color cars. The 2015 jump most likely will never repeat. Everything you see right now is doing better is because of the covid stay at home on the internet looking situation. When the fake scare is over, this will be over from a logical view. Roy usually gets excited when he gets a super low mile car like an SV Diablo or Murcie. 512 cars have always been the one to buy over a Tr. Thats why I believe he was around 350 or so when I was in his place buying an SV a couple of years back. You never know when you are going to hit a home run so he trys of course. Way too many educated buyers now so it pretty much is over for big home run sales, they just sit. I did not know it got that cheap. Sounds like Zeff did get a good buy. I think the best looking 512 I have ever seen was a white on white car at Quail one year. What a super class car.

sonfield likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    buyer got a great deal.us tr owners would not sell for that price in great condition.i see them on the rise the clean ones

12. Natkingcolebasket69

which is why so many have been sitting for years;)

dkyranakis likes this.
  13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    time to grab another one nat before there 200k for a clean example

14. Natkingcolebasket69

300k :)

15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    180/200 k comming

turbo-joe and dkyranakis like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

For a classiche sub 5000 miles ;)

17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    right color great cond,with lots of paperwork 180/200k

18. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    tr have been undervalued for a long time buyers are now seeing that once again and nice examples are selling for more than 100k

19. dkyranakis

dkyranakis Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    I’m glad I kept my Testarossa and grabbed the 16k mile white/red 512 TR when I had the chance. :). Agree the cars were undervalued and will climb again. They run great. Sound amazing, are comfortable with good visibility.

20. Natkingcolebasket69

#5095 Natkingcolebasket69, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    I would tend to agree! However the overall trends was down since 17-18 all the way till when covid started, aside BAT numbers were continuing the down trend but seems like with covid people are spending and buying which is great. Up 10-15%. Will it continue, stabilize, correct. I don’t know. I would think that the health of the stock market and depending who wins the elections will impact this.. that’s just my opinion;)
    Fun stuff and good to see those cars going
    Up in value slowly but surely. Iconic model.

21. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    It’s not a ‘TR specific’ trend.
    Seeing prices increase sharply in the PORSCHE market as well.
    Super tight supply of good cars available for sale.
    TONS of money being made lately by people in tech stocks (NASD 100 up 37 percent YTD!!)
    Folks no longer spending money on expensive vacations, high-end restaurant dinners, $2,500 suits, camps for their kids, etc.
    All leads to higher cash flow for many folks.
    Throw in the Covid boredom as well as the BAT affect and it is all been a recipe for prices that have moved up 10 to 20% for the same car from just a few months ago.
    Who the hell would’ve ever guessed that would be the outcome of Covid???

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Is it a temp correction or not? Not sure! Covid could be new normal for years to come!

23. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    If you’ve been considering selling your high-quality, high end, low production car now is a good time to do so. It is definitely a sellers market for the time being.
    Will it be that way six months from now? Who knows. My guess would be “no” but I’m just one guy on a planet of 7 billion people !!

24. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i sometimes think about selling a few of my cars i think the market is just ok for sellers stilla buyers market more than sellers imo

25. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I don't know. I have one just a tad nicer and I would probably sell it for that.