Testarossa Price Trends | Page 181 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    That's like a Volkswagen right? ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    So how do all the non owners value dying without having a ferrari? Over the past 11 years that have been various entry points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    owned by the famous Willy Mays Hays

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#4504 Bradwilliams, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Couldnt have said it better. The bottom line is like I said before with the murcielago, if the murcielago becomes a 60-80k car (which it more than likely is headed there) then the CASH on the sidelines isn't going to give a damn that you have an LP whatabee or a lp stick. It wont matter. If the standard car is 80k the LP is not going to be 200-300k . Its not going to happen. In that case I would imagine it would be 100-120. Same goes for the 512TR and 512m over the regular testarossa. But you can convince yourself that it is a unicorn and will be exempt, its a free country! LOL

Hayes was awesome! I was a huge fan of Jack Parkman as well. Great villain! Funny as I'm wearing my pedro cerrano t shirt right now!! :)

Attached Files:

5. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I have been pushing my dad to look at that grey one, he has wanted a Daytona since he was a kid. We could match if he gets the grey one

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

ChipG likes this.
  6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Can the moderators remove all the non testarossa posts from this thread?

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Amen! That’s gonna be a lot of
    Work though:)
    Have a safe weekend! Hope all is well !

turbo-joe likes this.
  8. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Hmmm...To answer your question I sold my Ferrari 8 months ago but I’m not really sure what the point of your question was. Perhaps you can give us some color on that.
    Anyway, I think I made myself crystal clear in my post.
    ALL cars (including my Porsches:)) are going to be dragged down by this economy.
    And believe me, I am no doom or gloomer. .
    I’ve been in the investment world for 30 years and I’ve seen good times and bad.
    I wish I was wrong this time. But I’m definitely not.

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #4509 ttforcefed, Apr 3, 2020
    I agree with your global view. But if someone has been waiting for an entry point since 2010 and they haven’t bought a tr do you think they shld actively post in this thread?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Got it. That makes sense now.
    Yep, if somebody’s been trying to ‘time the market’ on buying a TR since 2010 then they were never a real buyer in the first place.
    Just a dreamer. LOL!

Sunracer and Shamile like this.
  11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Right and when that person pontificates about the relative pricing of assets that he has no experience in buying or selling what does that exemplify? To me thats a troll. What does it say about Someone who calls Land Rover owners credit card millionaires?? If he was an enthusiast he wld clearly own a cple ferraris given the opportunities the market has provided- f40s were 400k during this time frame. I myself paid 82k for my 94 512tr in 09 and have loved it since but i have to come on here and listen to insecure and inexperience trolls pontificate like they are the next paulson?!?!?

12. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Hey Parnelli,

If you don't mind, what made you sell your Testarossa on the first impression of owning it?
    Given we're all fan boys here, I would like your honest take. You spent a lot of time to find the right car, spent a lot of money on accessories for the right car but in the end, it wasn't what you thought it would be.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

13. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    You are correct! It's much worse. Again, not a doom and gloom guy....just facts on the ground. I only deal in financial numbers.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

14. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Shamile, you are right about being a fan of the car. I was in high school and college in the 80s and of course my favorite TV show was Miami Vice.
    Quite frankly I was a bigger fan of the show’s Daytona 365 spider but over the last 10 years or so the testarossa really grew on me. Nothing screams 80’s more than a TR!
    So about three years ago is when I started my search for the right car. For me it had to be white. Most people wouldn’t care for that color but mine had to be the color of the vice car of course :)
    I spent a lot of time researching TR’s and finally bought one early last year.
    The car is as beautiful in person as it is in pictures. Perhaps even more so.
    But, and I know I am in the minority here, I found the car absolutely dreadful to drive around town.
    I live in an urban area and it takes me at least 30 minutes to get out where the traffic is not tight.
    Several factors included VERY difficult steering at low speeds, shifting the car until the oil warmed up was always a pain to deal with, the clutch on my car was actually pretty good for a TR but still not as great as other cars I own, etc Again, some people find those features “charming”. Quite frankly I just find them annoying..
    Throw in the fact that the closest TR mechanic is about an hour from my house and there are always seem to be little things on those cars that go wrong. I Spent a lot of time going back-and-forth to the mechanic. After a while that kind of got old as well.
    Having said all of that, I never really planned on using the car much anyway. I just bought it as a toy to “have”. If it just sat in a garage space 99% of the time that would’ve been fine by me. It would’ve been fun just to go out and look at every now and then!
    As you are aware of, I have a couple of parking spaces that I rent that are a few blocks from my house. I planned on keeping the testarossa over there and keeping my daily drivers at my home garage. After owning the car for a while it was time for me to finally move the car over to the rental parking spaces. Little did I realize at the time that the incline on that driveway was so steep (where the road met the beginning of the driveway) that there was no way I was able to get a car with a valance as low is that one he had in the driveway let alone the garage.
    You probably remember the pictures that I posted of what happened to the front of my TR when I tried to pull it in the driveway. :(.
    Anyway, it just wasn’t the right car for me. I’m 52 years old and I am trying not to bring more complications into my life. LOL! Sometimes you just have to admit to yourself when something is just not right and then MoveOn. I’ve traded stocks for 30 years and have learned that your first loss is your best loss. Don’t hold on to a losing position.
    So I put it up for sale and two weeks to the day later is when the first (and only) buyer came to look at it. He bought it at full asking price within 15 minutes of seeing it.
    That doesn’t mean a TR is not the right car for somebody else though. It just wasn’t the right car for me.
    If you’re thinking about buying one of these cars you definitely have to drive it around town for a while first. And don’t fool yourself into thinking that it is anything more than what it really is. If you love the car that is great. Buy one!!
    If you are unsure though, then it’s probably wise just to walk away.
    I’ve got plenty of other cars to drive. I sometimes do miss the beauty of seeing the car in my garage. But I don’t miss the hassle factor of owning one at all.

readplays, Sunracer and Shamile like this.
  15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #4515 Shamile, Apr 3, 2020
    Thanks for the perspective. It's interesting to know what you liked and didn't like....since it wasn't a case of monetary sour grapes.

The funny thing is all the things you hate, hard shifting, no power steering, tr specific mechanical knowledge are all the things I specifically like about the car.
    This is what makes finding a suitable Lamborghini replacement difficult.

While I've said it over and over, it the mechanical nature about the car I love so much. It's just you and the car...no traction control, no abs, you miss a shift, no computers to save you. Lastly, no video game dash with 3d graphics to "amuse" you....just no nonsense and hardcore.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

readplays, ago car nut and Sunracer like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Worse but possibly quicker rebound

17. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    With this and a coming mortgage default cascade....I'm going to say much deeper and longer.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/corporate-debt-reckoning-coming

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

18. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
  19. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    if they have enough cash then they have no problems to stay in business
    also it is only a question of time until a stupid one will awake

20. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  21. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    It's good to know that the 46k mile White TR is marked "sold" with an asking price of $200,000. I'm sure they have a unique client base that will always pay top dollar.

turbo-joe likes this.
  22. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    They have an '86 Flying Mirror on their site with 6,000 miles. It says "Call for Price." I am afraid to ask. Probably looking for $349,000.

23. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    You can buy my TR ! After they bury me!

24. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    if the then new owners will sell?
    hopefully you may life still much longer to enjoy driving

ago car nut likes this.
  25. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I wonder what all this will mean for middle management salary types like me who work in the automotive supplier sector? Maybe it's time I venture off on my own and get out of the rate race. Just wish I could figure out how to make my car addition be profitable in these trying times.

Shamile likes this.