Testarossa Price Trends | Page 108 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yes- too much running around a pair of twins at home is impacting my sanity;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xplodee likes this.
  2. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    totally understand that

3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    What's the point in this comment, Nat?:

What TR with 5k miles WOULDNT hit $75k with or without service history? Your need to post jabs toward TR's on BaT is getting so old. Like I said above, this is just my opinion so I am sure I'll be told to stick it where the sun don't shine, I'm fine with that. But come on...

read33 likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Why would I tell u such a thing?;)

Jakuzzi and xplodee like this.
  5. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Some additional observations on the ‘87 as I stare at it. The windshield dash piece is pulling up toward the glass. Hard to see but if you look carefully in a couple photos, its there.

Really is a lot of seat wear for 5k miles but I bet the leather would look 10x better if given a good conditioning. It appears super dry.

Check to see if the car has had the mouse belt recall performed already because the trim is falling out on the driver side door. Sloppy. If the recall hasnt been done, Ferrari WILL perform it free of charge and fix that trim issue in the process, but the parts laying around these days arent the best ones. Those have been used up.

None of these issues should affect a serious buyer’s
    Interest in buying the car, but the seller could have easily brought in premium money if he would have resolved this stuff.

Wish I bought this at wholesale auction in PA where ever it may have been. Bet it was a great deal!

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Great thorough eye! It is 30 year old though so can’t expect it to be perfect either...I don’t think the odo was rolled back but that’s what time does to a car and lack of care I guess... hard to tell if it’s really just 5k?

7. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I think its probable that it is only 5k miles. There’s a lot on it that is very clean and untouched looking. I would treat it as a “trust but verify” situation. If I were in the market for a TR, I’d be flying to Florida this weekend. I think this car could be a seriously good opportunity.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes Florida has a looooot or exotics and older stuff tend to sit there as the flashy crowd want the bling;)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    "Red with tan interior means most desirable color combo (get real white color guys, I love you but no)"

Hence my quote from a couple of days ago of:

"At the end of the day buy the color of car that YOU want. Not a color that other assclown "thinks" is better/not better" :) :) :)

Natkingcolebasket69 and xplodee like this.
  10. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    WOW. We all missed it. 2007 THE SPEEDOMETER WAS REPLACED. States so on the Carfax, which is shown in the auction. Well that settles that. Cant believe seller tried to hide that fact, sure he includes the carfax, but not disclosing something so important outright? Wow.

11. Natkingcolebasket69

LOL

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Im unsure it was rolleb back or inaccurate for sure as it was done at dealer but... for sure a big cloud over that car!

13. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Yeah I have zero idea what it means as far as mileage. You would think someone would want to carefully document such an event and explain it well to a potential buyer.

Does anyone know the procedure that a dealership would follow for this? Do they turn the new mileage up to match the original?

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Interestingly enough same issue is reported on carfax of the one for sale in Atlanta (by ferrari$ and on that one the carfax does say what the figure was before and after which makes it messy but...honest Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It seems like the BaT car’s situation may be straightforward. Perhaps its a window to get a really good deal. Not sure if it will affect value anymore than the other stuff listed. I’d still be a buyer if I were in the market. The biggest thing I don’t love is how many owners it has had.

16. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If it was white it would do over 120K... red, not soo much. There are many low mileage TR to choose from.

Parnelli and blkdiablo33 like this.
  17. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Seems like all five people who love white just bought their TR ;)

18. Natkingcolebasket69

All the white car that sold with service and under 15k miles sold for 100k. Ask Parnelli. I would beg to differ as I been maintaining the moving prices it seems red as been selling for higher these past 2 years.

19. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Nat
    Here’s a new 1992 512tr listed on eBay and is located in Santa Cruz you might want to check out at 165k or best offer
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Ferrari-Testarossa-/183806635403

20. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  21. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    OK, not sure how I messed up that previous post, but I did
    Anyway, my point is that the last four testarossa’s that have sold to Ferrari chat members and their buddies have all been white. Yet that the assumption is that there are so many buyers for red cars.
    In fact I can’t remember the last time a red one was sold to a member here. Anybody have that date and price point?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not all the white cars have sold for 100k. Dont forget the white pos that sold earlier this year at auction for $130k. No services, rough shape. My point is that if you want a red one in great shape they are a dime a dozen and easy to find, thereby giving you better negotiating room. If you want a white one, its not so easy to find. Also Petfred on Instagram bought a white TR in the 120k range, then dumped a bunch of cash into it, including major service. Like I said, for me it would be white TR, or no TR.

Parnelli and blkdiablo33 like this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s true but if we take 85+85+93.5+100+130+120=613.5/6 that’s 102k;) just messing with u.

As a fellow Frenchman i know Fred well he doesn’t look at the prices though; easy with daddy having a net worth of 570 million usd;) I do enjoy his parties though;)

24. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    With the exception of a few people in FL, ownership or location of the car in said State is an automatic "no thanks". :)

25. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I had the opposite reaction to '87. I thought to myself this is the least desirable year. Not that it's not desrable overall.

You don't get the flying mirror, you do get mousebelts. For me the most desirable TR's would be Flying Mirrors, and then the final year since they have all the improvements over the life of the model.

Just my 2 cents.

jjmalez and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.