Testarossa dash lights | FerrariChat

Testarossa dash lights

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by johnvwatts, Jul 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnvwatts

johnvwatts Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2007
    England
    Full Name:
    John v watts
    My dash lights seem to have stopped working (Euro model). Have checked previous threads and there seems to be a relay on the US models behind the clock . This is not there. Any one any idea of location for relay on Euro model if indeed they are different? Thanks. All other lights functioning as is number plate light which I understand is on same circuit. All fuses present and not tripped.

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Have you given the dash light dimmer rheostat knob a few spins to wipe the sliding contact and make sure it is not set to minimum?

Are:

1. the main instrument pod dash lights not working, but the center console instrument dash lights are working, or

2. both the main instrument pod dash lights and center console instrument dash lights are not working?

3. johnvwatts

johnvwatts Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2007
    England
    Full Name:
    John v watts
    Hi Steve . Have just given the rheostat knob a few back and forth spins and the lights came up! Many thanks for your suggestion. I guess it gets dry maybe sitting in the same place - the dash brightness is not something I've ever really bothered adjusting .

4. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Stupid question, where is the brightness adjustment?

5. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #5 Steve Magnusson, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    IIRC, it depends on where your odometer is located -- odometer and dimmer knob in center console, or odometer and dimmer knob in the main instrument panel. See your OM.

xplodee likes this.
  6. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    That's the kind of "fix" we like. Your observation that the rear license plate lights were working was a strong clue that the problem was not in the fuse/relay/PCB panel area but further downstream. Electrical brushes are something that don't like a lot of use nor no use at all -- so tweet your horn once in a while, too ;)

blkdiablo33 likes this.