Testarossa-based FZ93 makes an appearance | FerrariChat

Testarossa-based FZ93 makes an appearance

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by zjpj, Jun 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  2. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I love the look of that car except for the front end. The side scoops and rear are awesome..

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    If I remember right, It had much better performance than a Testarossa due to the drop in body weight.

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Perhaps it's one of those cars that looks better in person ;) Slight precursor to the Enzo (rear). Overall it's a nay on my part.

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    As i said in that old thread, it's got traces of the NNO... Just goes to show that the NNO is sort of like the infrastructure/blueprints but in a weird, reversal-of-time, sort of way since it has remnants of cars PASSED not cars of tomorrow...

i don't like the pictures in the old thread, but the picture in this thread is pretty sweet... It looks too different from a Testarossa for me to able to say which one is better, aesthetically... It's a nice design, though... i wouldn't kick it out of the garage... :)

6. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I'm gonna say Yay.

Like Carb said, there's a bit of Enzo in there which is a good thing. For sure Ferrari looked at this car, and also at the Ferrari Rossa(for its rear lighs) before drawing the Enzo.

7. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Please don't say Testarossa in the same sentence with that car. The front end is so ugly, it looks like a 60's domestic muscle car.

I love the original Testarossa. I would love to see Ferrari do an update. I just can't get behind the Toyota Supra curves of the Modena.

Ok, enough smack. :)

8. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    BMW 8 series anyone? :D

(front end)

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Hmm, pretty interesting point about the Enzo. I see three points of comparison.
    Most prominent, to my eye, is the way the windows go up at the back.
    Second, there's the front nose drawing to a point.
    Finally, there's the side air intakes - the difference being that the scoop is wider at the bottom on the FZ93 and wider at the top on the Enzo

All that said, in my opinion, the Enzo looks a lot better put together, to say the least, than this FZ93.

10. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Looks like a modified X1\9!

11. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA