testarossa, 0-60? | FerrariChat

testarossa, 0-60?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bpu699, Jul 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Sorry, I searched and couldn't find this info. I have heard it the official time is 5.5 seconds or so, is this about right? Is that with/without abusing the clutch?

And yes, I know, these aren't dragracers and so on, but I don't want to be beat by a v-8 mustang on the street either.

Thank you!

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Check Edvar's site for some other 0-to-whatever test times (but some could be for the non-US versions) by several sources (click on "Articles" on the left, and then "Specifications" under testarossa):

http://www.red-headed.com/index2.html

but they're all with clutch abuse ;)

(And beefy V8 Mustangs will give you fits in a drag race because the power to weight ratio is about the same as a TR, but the gears in a TR are much taller.)

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    bpu: Did you find your Road & Track articles (as mentioned in your thread from a few days ago)?

4. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Miltonian, I haven't had a chance to find them yet. When I get a chance I'll go to the public library. If you could email any you have to me, I would appreciate it, but I don't want to impose. Either way, thank you for everyone's help!