Test drove the FF today | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Test drove the FF today

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by AndrewDinCH, Jul 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndrewDinCH

AndrewDinCH Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    Suffolk coast, UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Glad you liked the video :)
    My heart says buy one now.
    My head says it's a V12 front engine series production car and it will be a great used buy in 2-3 years' time...

2. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    How can he be stupid if he is exactly right? A killer engine in an ugly car is still just an ugly car.

Better value would be a Cayenne Turbo S and a 2008 Scuderia, and still have money left over for a killer vacation.

3. nfg2507

nfg2507 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Not again...stop hating!!

4. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Exactly right according to whom?

5. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    #30 Cariad, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

Advice from a poster who is very discreet in his public forum ownership of cars. I can loose $25K walking out of the showroom with a Turbo S, another $100K on the Scuds nobody can seem to sell. I think I will stick my ugly choice.

My FF is now RED 10 and my killer vacation coming up is Monza, Maranello and the Goodwood Revival, a perfect September 10 days. What chance I see my FF on the V12 line ?

6. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    :D:D:D Don't forget to post them pictures! When will you be in Maranello?

Gr. Martin

7. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    Monday and Tuesday after Monza, staying at the Planet

8. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Andrew. Tested the FF for about 500 kms while driving up to Spa for the F1. I was ... very surprised in a positive way about the FF. Handling, power, sound, gearbox ... what a fantastic family car. What amazed me was how it stays planted at high speeds (did top 300 km/h) with four adults on board. Nose doesn't get light under full throttle and the brakes are very good. Doesn't give me the thrill of the GTO (not anywhere near) but boy that thing is very usable and in the wet (and we did get heavy showers going to Spa) it is absolutely amazing. The traction you get is spectacular. Last thing: despite the fact that I'm 197 cm tall, I did have more than enough room in the back.

Your quote above is exactly how I feel right now.

9. nfg2507

nfg2507 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    M-Individual, thanks for sharing! Did you travel the whole 500KMs with four adults on board? Was such a long distance still comfortable for the rear passengers? Did you ever test a Panamera? If yes how's the rear passenger space in comparison? Thanks a lot!!

10. xto

xto Karting

Mar 20, 2006
    I don't care how great it runs, the car is fugly!! End of story.

11. skydancer

skydancer Rookie

Feb 19, 2009
    Principality Sealand
    Amen! Stunning 2+2 seater!

12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Cool post M-individual, thanks.

Never mind everyone, xto hath spoken and so it shall be, Ferrari will probably announce that they will cease production on this car.

13. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Good its hideous. ;)

14. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    My pleasure. Yep, 4 adults on board for the entire 500 kms. Skydancer being one of them and as you can see above ... he was pretty impressed as well. Believe it or not but the ride in the back was very comfortable ... even at Warp speed ;) The thing is, you are sitting a little bit higher in the back and that gives you a great overview and allows you to follow where you are going. The glass roof (to be offered as of September) will only enhance the feeling of space in the back.

Never tested the Panamera simply because I don't like it and there is not a hair on my head thinking of ever buying it. That doesn't mean that the handling, performance of it is bad. Can't make a judgement. But, if it has to compete with the FF it will better have an awesome engine, great gearbox, well finished interior, no under steer and a state of the art suspension and 4x4 system ... and last but not least ... a great sound. While I feel the FF looks weird in the back, I feel it looks much better than the Panamera. But ... that's personal taste and I don't expect people to agree with me on this.

15. nfg2507

nfg2507 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Sounds like a great 4-person sportscar - I'm surprised that people describe it too be so roomy - considering the two doors.

I also prefer the FF over the Porsche - it's much more beautiful - I only value the Panamera's space and was interested in the comparison.

16. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Cool post, M-individual. I hope to test drive one soon. I was invited to the F of Atlanta FF unveiling this month, but it may be a few weeks until I can get down there.

17. wang

wang Formula 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Brunei
    Full Name:
    H. Wang
    Andrew, great drive... Thanks for sharing the perspective. Cool :)

M individual sheesh... You're tall :D if u find it comfortable in the back then us mere mortals should be swimming in space :)

Thanks guys and I agree with Andrew it will be a great buy in a couple of years or even more like the 550s and 575s are still great cars to buy ....

18. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    That was fantastic :) :)

19. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    I think you will be pretty impressed with it ;)

Indeed. If you have kids they would have a great time back there. Hell, anybody can have a great time in the back of an FF :)

20. AndrewDinCH

AndrewDinCH Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    Suffolk coast, UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    M, sorry missed your post.
    It's just a great car, isn't it. I didn't get to drive it in the wet when the 4wd kicks in.
    Like you, I have no intention of looking at a Panamera. That really *is* ugly. The FF has real charisma IMO.

21. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    No problem.

You hit the nail on the head ... the car has real charisma and it grows on you. Certainly once you've experienced it from behind the wheel ;)

22. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Thanks for your post, Andrew! I love the commentary from your son in the backseat.

I've e-mailed my dealer to see when they're getting one :)