Test Drive: Ferrari Legends | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Test Drive: Ferrari Legends

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 1986245, Jun 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    play with wheels maybe much better but so horrible on controller

just tried 333sp and its even worst

sooo dissapointed, if the handling can be fix this game will be so much fan than frustration

2. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    My biggest problem with a controller is I tend to over correct and end up swerving. I'm much more precise with a wheel, can hold a steady line and am able to drive it on the very edge which is needed for this game.

I agree the handling isn't as sweet as it could or should be and at times it was very frustrating.
    I took it on as a challenge. This is what they gave me to work with. What do I have to do to win the race and beat the game. I adapted to the driving style and managed to complete all the races finishing in first on the hardest setting. Some races were very easy and some were incredibly hard and took me several nights before I won.

Some of the timed races seem impossible but you have to search for speed and a line that gains time. The games allows you a certain amount of leeway when cutting corners. Exploit that to the max and it make a huge difference. Manual shifting is faster especially on corner exit.

The handling stinks but I was determined not to let it beat me and it didn't. The best parts of the game is the way they take you through the complete Ferrari timeline and the sense of development and speed that comes with it. The sound is VERY good and a few cars like the FXX I turned it way up and grinned from ear to ear as I took it for some test laps. I really hope they make another and any improvement will icing on the cake for me :)

3. 250GTTDFZagatoCoupe

Nov 4, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Josh Richter
    Did you have to do any little specific settings to your wheel or anything? Or are you just plugging and playing?

4. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    so with a wheel it played much better

still playing although frustrating at times, now cant pass this round when im given a f50 and ask to go round mugello with obstacles, the car is one mad softy handler

another problem is AI that bump me off track and the slighest touch send me spinning

5. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I just plug and play.

I play TDU2, Ferrari Legends, Forza 4 and Horizon all on the same default.

The AI is a royal pain and really frustrating. They will spin you out from behind but sometimes you can successfully block them and they will back off for a few seconds. I won a few races by doing just that. You also can't rub door to door or you'll wreck yourself. It really adds to the difficulty and makes the races very competitive. On the other hand in Forza 4 I always felt like the only car I was ever racing was the leader and the rest of the field was inconsequential. The racing in legends is white knuckle the whole way. :D

Forza Horizon encourages you to go off road and smash stuff. They give you guardrails to bounce off and want you to plow through a pack of cars to gain position. Legends is EXACTLY the opposite. They want you to drive clean and lay down a perfect lap. There is little to no room for error and almost impossible to make up for any mistakes.

Keep chipping away because there is loads of fun in there somewhere.

6. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    have reach the point im really giving up, driving the 599gtb around nurburgring with AI around beaten me flat

never ever given up on so much games i played but this is the 1st LOL

7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Nah, I really enjoyed the game up to the Road America impossible challenge. I still like to take it for a spin, because it looks and sounds good, and you get to experience historic Ferraris and historic circuits.

I do think that we're the only two people who enjoyed the game. The handling could be better and the ridiculous tire wear on that one race, but I like it. I like the challenge of it and the feel that you have to be spot on 100% of the time.

8. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.