Test Drive: Ferrari Legends | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Test Drive: Ferrari Legends

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 1986245, Jun 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Yes, but most tracks/cars must be unlocked first. I like the campaigns to get them though. It's not all just winning races.

2. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    No more posts until others pick this up, but if you're anything like me, you will be very pleased. I primarily wanted the tracks and the historic F1 cars and a few rare sports cars, but I'm loving driving all of the cars. No two are alike so far (still in the golden era). 512TR at Old Hockenheim is nirvana! (Took a side trek for that one)

3. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Hey, a big thanks and huge kudos to you for giving me such serious and sensible feedback. Very much appreciated! :) The graphics look real good to me, better than I expected (even though I still feel the POV, especially on cars like the FF and 430, is messed up). The cars I'm really looking forward to driving are the Ferrari's I've actually driven in real life (all seven that I could find lol), and the F1/XX-cars to compare to what I've experienced previously. I'm getting the game as a fun-fun arcade to toss around, glad that there finally is a good F-game around! :D

4. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I bought it on PC, stupid me through not realizing it wouldn't be released until tomorrow, might be able to grab it at midnight.

5. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Is it availabe via Steam or somewhere else?

6. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I bought it through Atari.

7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    last note: the game looks much better than the YouTube videos, although it's obvious they spent less time on the interior than the exteriors and tracks. Can't win them all, I guess.

8. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sigh, I should have known, why did I trust Atari? I paid for this game 3 days ago, I still have no download link and can't actually play the game I've already paid for. Not only that but Atari doesn't actually own any phones, you have to put a "support ticket" in, what a load of crap. I told them that if I don't have someone from Atari on the phone by the end of the day telling me how to download my game I'll be issuing a chargeback, I'm sure they'll pick up the phone real quick at that point.

9. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Sorry to hear that. Keep us posted on how it is when you get it!

10. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Got the run around from Atari, they tell me to contact DigitalRiver, they say contact Atari. Then DigitalRiver says they have no control over the release dates and to contact Atari again. So I say cancel my order. And you wonder why Atari is on the brink of bankruptcy.

11. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Wtf? Why should YOU have to contact anyone else from the group who actually sold you the product, I mean that's their job if they screwed up? I don't trust digital downloads, especially not pre-release codes... Been on Steam a few times, that's it. It's strange though, because on Amazon it says the game was released yesterday, and it also says that the game is currently in stock. Going to order my copy within the next few days.

12. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Well I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew it was a pre-order, I didn't read the page carefully enough. That said I reamed them out once I got them on the phone, what irked me the most is that Atari doesn't have a phone number. If I have a problem I really like having someone on the other end to yell at, seems to work a whole lot better than typing some words into a box and hoping someone reads it and responds.

13. piratepress

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    So, if it is a pre-order did they say when the PC release date is?

14. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The release date is listed everywhere as May 25th? Still not available for download with no word on when it will be.

15. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I just read your article and was headed here to post it; it's a small F world. :D

http://jalopnik.com/5924334/the-best-part-of-test-drive-ferrari-racing-legends-is-a-magnum-pi-reference.

I love this line...

:D

Note to a Mod...

Just noticed the other thread on the same topic, http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336411. Should a mod merge?

16. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I've been playing it since last week. It's no Gran Turismo, but I'm happy with it :)

17. piratepress

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    I received an email today from Atari about Ferrari Legends and the last sentence says, "Coming soon for Windows PC" so obviously something is still going on with it. I just hope they send me another email when it is finally available.

18. piratepress

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Did anyone have any success getting it for PC? I haven't heard a peep about it.

19. piratepress

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Well, five months late but it looks like it is finally coming to PC:

Publisher: Evolved Games
    Developer: Slightly Mad Studios
    Genre: Racing

Release Name: Test.Drive.Ferrari.Racing.Legends
    Size: 2.6 GB

20. piratepress

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    I got it downloaded and installed last night before going to bed. I didn't get a chance to try it out, but I'm looking forward to trying it this afternoon and posting my impressions.

21. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It's about time, let us know how it is.

22. piratepress

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    I just played a few of the races in Career mode but it looks really gorgeous with everything maxxed out at 1920x1080 and I'm easily getting a solid 60 FPS+ with my homebuilt i7 3770 @ 4GHz, 8GB RAM and GTX 570. You can tell it's a straight console port as everything is handled by my Xbox 360 controller, but overall I can't complain because it works. I'm really enjoying working my way up the ladder and can't wait until I get to the modern supercars. This progression will really make me appreciate them when I get there!

23. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    playing on pc with xbox controller is horrible, car is twitchy and nervous just spoil the fun

24. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #49 Str8shooter, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I played it on the xbox and seem to be about the only one that enjoyed the game.

I think a big part for me is playing with a wheel as it helped with the fun factor. It also helped me with car control.
    I really got into man handling the wheel as I drove the modern F1 cars around SPA :D

This game leaves little room for error and you have to be spot on almost all the time.
    I don't think I could've finished the game playing with a controller but that's a personal preference.

Sitting in my rig in front of a big TV with a nice surround sound brings the experience up a few notches.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. 250GTTDFZagatoCoupe

Nov 4, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Josh Richter
    I have it with the G27 wheel on the PS3. Its pretty terrible. Im at the 250GTO stage and its almost impossible to handle the cars. It handles horribly. I was so excited and now am very disappointed. Its a shame. The story and graphics and sound is great.