Telaio | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Telaio

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Dutchman, Jul 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    same as I thought......only didn't know how to bring it here.... ;)

2. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Intresting.............yes. true?...................no way.
    I've been a Telaio member since quite some time and still need to make my first £,$ or euro with it, as do a lot of the group, so calling all these people naive? It even costs me money: buying a digital camera to get those pix faster online, a dictaphone to speak in the serialnumbers, the numerous trips to meetings,etc...all because I want to share it with others with the same intrests.
    Sometimes I'm happy to help out some fellow member with info I've gathered during the years in the same way as they've helped me out with info. And I will do so as long as God lets me.
    As in every group you've got the proffesionals who make a living selling info or hardware(cars, pieces,...) and share some of their knowledge with the rest, the die-hard fans who invest a lot of their spare time and cash and even some opportunists who take without giving back. This is normal as a group is just a small reflection of society.
    Take the space you think you belong to and don't throw stones upwards or kick downwards. I think I would belong to the group of fans, seeing Mr X or Y making his living by doing something he likes and is good at, good for him, that doesn't spoil my fun in the group.
    Edvar has created something very good in my opinion, and seeing it doing so well proves some people needed it to excist.
    I most certainly don't intent to throw any stones at you, I even visited your site more than once, but I find your post no more than an attack to some and taking Telaio as a group down with it.
    I just wanted to avoid people starting to think that the Telaiomembers are just out scortching the web for info and sell it out for big $$$$.
    Telaio has never been kept secret: it's talked about on several sites. The only concern to it's administrator was/is that new members were an addition in knowledge and effort, other than taking everyone in.
    You may have noticed I used I a lot as this was just the way I felt about all this, other's opinion may differ.
    Jurgen

3. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I fully agree with Jurgen. I think many of those on FChat know of Marcel Massini and Mike Sheehan and know their writings and how well researched and informed they are. I for one am very grateful they and others like them should choose to share any information (either publicly or privately) that they work hard to obtain. The saga of Mr Olczyk is long before my time on Telaio but suffice, I think, to say that the majority of Telaio members are, like myself, sharing information for the benefit of all and certainly do not make money from it. Even if they did, I for one would have no problem with that taking into account what is given in return. (For anyone who cares I help out with the UK Ferrari Owners' Club Register of cars - that is maintained purely for the benefit of the members).

Jonathan

4. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Just my .02.
    Frankly I am not interested if anyone makes money on base of his knowledge. I came to this forum 2 years ago looking for suggestions on a car i was buying.
    Those suggestions have been supplied free of charge and I can only say thanks for that.
    Thanks to the people who supplied the answers and to Rob who supplied the web site. If Rob wants to host Telaio on his web site, great, I only know that some very knowledgeable people are here to support me, should i need their help.
    If and when I will be asked money for that, it will only be my call to pay or not for consultancy.
    Ciao
    Eugenio

5. Olczyk

Olczyk Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Olczyk
    I didn t say that all of them make money, I just say that I have more knowledge about racing Ferraris as I wrote the book on Michelotto, BB LM, F 40 LM and I was the only one who had access to the archives of Michelotto but as I buy cars ( not a broker ) and I wrote books ( that I publish ) I m more than competition for some of the pros who are on telaio and don t want better competition to participate.
    In any group, a lot of people are doing it for the love of Ferrari, I respect this, my proposition that I ve made to Edvar was to ask for a entry fee for the persons who make money with it.
    If you are a pro = you need to pay a fee to Edvar or pay some contributions to the members ( free books or whatsoever ).
    Now it s my opinion, and if you find a car for me, I will pay you a commission, if you help me, I will give you free books. Anyway, in life you need to send back "the lift".
    That' s my opinion, share the knownledge but share the benefit also.
    Regards

6. Scuderia Enzo

Scuderia Enzo Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Mr Olczyk,

1. Some people make money with Ferrari, but at least SHARE some information (as did/do Massini and Sheehan), not all I agree, but other people making money with Ferrari subscribed to Telaio, but never shared information.
    3. 99,5 % of telaio members do not make profit with Ferrari, in the contrary they spend money for their passion.
    4. You were 1 of the very few people ejected from Telaio.
    => I think you are not the right person to speak what you call "THE TRUTH" about Telaio...

7. Olczyk

Olczyk Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Olczyk
    Sir, you are wrong, I never been on telaio ( my friend was ).
    I never been ejected as I was not there !
    I took notice of telaio when my friend told me that some people that I trust badmouth me on this forum. People who want to do business with me, but also like to bad mouth better competition as they fail in their business or even big bankruptcy.
    Then, I meet Edvar Van Daalen and become friend with him.....
    EVEN IF I WAS NOT PART OF TELAIO, me the outsider gave to Edvar the privilege to drive his first Ferrari, yes, I give to him the 308 Prototype Ferrari Conciso Barchetta and Edvar drove the car himself on the car.
    I took Edvar to my house in Cannes and told him that I have the right to defend myself on telaio, he agree with me and wrote this email to the members and ask them to be polite and respect each other.
    Then a few members of telaio apolozise.
    Here Michael T Lynch
    From: "Michael T. Lynch" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
    To: "olczyk phil" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: Edvar
    Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:36:14 -0700

Mr. Olczyk,
    Here is a proposed message to be posted to Telaio.

"I made a comment on this forum a few months ago about Phillip Olczyk's
    purchase of the WSC web site that imnplied that Mr. Olczyk had taken
    advantage of the seller. Since then, both buyer and seller have
    informed me
    that the transaction was carried out in good faith on both sides. My
    apologies for any misunderstanding on this subject.
    Michael T. Lynch"

If this is satisfactory, let me know and I will have it posted by Carl
    Jones
    over my signature, since I am no longer a member of the telaio list.

Here Mike Sheehan
    From: "Mike Sheehan" <[email protected]> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert
    To: "olczyk phil" <[email protected]>
    CC: [email protected]
    Subject: The small world of 308 GT/M Ferrari owners and buyers:
    Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:43:19 -0700

Hi Philippe.

I'm sorry if I my comments on your Ferrari book offended you.

My apologies.

Chris Renwick and John Starkey came to me for help with the book.

I supplied them with lots of information from my database and I also
    supplied Chris Renwick and John Starkey with several hundred photos
    from my collection, for the book, and was given no credit for the use of
    photos, and, more important, my photos were lost and so were NEVER
    returned to me!

Ask Chris or John for confirmation!

My regards.

M. Sheehan.

=====What I believe is that, if you get attack by somebody, you have the right to defend yourself==== The name of this is democracy.
    Anyway, I agree with you that most of the members do it for free,congratulations but I known more than most of them ! Who had accees to Michelotto ?, who is friend with Cristiano Michelotto ?...None of the members, but me.
    Anyway, the facts speak by themself, I wrote Official Michelotto book, Official Alfa TZ, Official Bizzarrini, Official De Tomaso.

Regards

8. Olczyk

Olczyk Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Olczyk
    It s not need to talk again and again about this subject.
    People who want to work for their passion = Congratulations
    And if they don t care that other people use their passion to make money = I respect that.

I have great photos of 0648 MDTR accidented....
    Will share if people share with me ...

Have a nice day.
    I m looking for Lotus 47 infos and I m close to finish the book on Racing DE Tomaso, any help welcome and great help rewarded.

9. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    oh my god; they are here.

10. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hmmmm!! We'll have to play around and figure out what font that is....

11. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    So, how does one get to become a member?

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang