Telaio | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Telaio

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Dutchman, Jul 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hey psssssst.....yes YOU come a bit closer I have to tell you something secret.

Happened yesterday evening/night european time when the dudes over the pond woke up.

Yes, they discussed our discussion and lurked here what we have typed.

The "clever" Wolfgang just clicked here:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/online.php?order=asc&sort=username&pp=50&page=1
    and watched who was reading our Telaio thread.
    Funny, at least I got the whole secret telaio members list this way ;)

But don`t tell them :D that I`m such a bad boy;)

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Now I know where the high post counts come from in European section!

3. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Action... reaction??? Are these actions linked???
    Look what you've done Wolfgang! :D;)

I frequently used that function! :(

And about the hidden Telaio thread, I don't care too much about secret groups... as long as I don't know about it! :D:D You would be surprised how many secret stuff is kept away from people everywhere in the world! ;) Some things above our heads that nobody knows or will ever know about... some things you know about, but I don't and vice versa :) It's everywhere, no matter where you look!

In this Telaio case, of course it's understandable that some info isn't public, but the mystery around the private section itself isn't really neccessary here IMO. It's a select group that shares knowledge... ok... what's the big deal?
    As long as it was "secret" and people didn't know about it, nobody would ask questions, but the fact that people found out about it makes clear that it wasn't such a well kept issue after all! I think many of the members would be surprised about how many people allready know!

It's a bit frustrating to know about things you're actually not supposed to know about! :D:)
    Why not just admit that it is there (or not) and what it's all about without giving too much details? I'm sure a lot of people here wouldn't even care about it! :) After all, the subject is for real number die-hards!

And Wolfgang! One thing that isn't a secret AT ALL, no matter where in the world, is the fact that YOU ARE A BAD BOY! There's nothing to tell anymore, everyone already knows! LOL:D;)

Greets

4. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Wolfgang, I thought that you (as a moderator) would have handled this situation with a bit more decency. Some of the things posted by you and others in this thread are true, other things are simply false and most of it is just "fooling around". Stories that you know exactly who is a member of Telaio or that you somehow got access to Telaio are simply untrue. But the problem with those "jokes" is that persons are starting to believe it! Please remind that! And now I have to clean up the mess ... :(

Let me explain a few things to you and to all the others who are reading this thread, to set some things straight: there is NOTHING secret about Telaio!! Information about it is/was published on my own website, it was posted on the websites of others, and in the past I even posted messages here at FerrariChat (the old one) and at for example the FerrariList to find new members. Again, no secrecy as implied by some persons ...

Telaio is nothing more than a group of people who, mainly for historical purposes, track individual Ferraris. Like the well-known trainspotting or planespotting, but then with Ferraris. That's all!

Our connection with FerrariChat? In the past we used a mailing list system, but that one became too hard to handle. So, we switched to a webforum, and Rob Lay has been kind enough to loan his server, software and knowledge for this purpose. Yes, a number of members of Telaio is also participating at FerrariChat, but not all of them. And over here the connection with FerrariChat stops. So, really no big deal at all! And why not everybody knows about it? Is there a need to know about it? Besides that, we are still in a start-up phase ...

Why is it not easy to become a member of Telaio and why our "low-profile"? To keep a high quality of discussions on Telaio, we only want to have members who "know their stuff", or at least have a very serious interest in serialnumbers. When the group is completely public, this quality would quickly disappear. Simple.

I hope this makes it a bit more clear to you. We could have done this in a much nicer way, but I simply don't like it when people are going to believe the untrue things posted over here ....

Best regards,

Edvar van Daalen
    (still the admin of Telaio ...)

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Edvar,

just a short reply.....

a.) I have NOT started this thread!

b.) My first post here was post#9 !

c.) I have never typed or claimed:
    "that you know exactly who is a member of Telaio".
    I do know many members but not everybody or exactly!
    where should I have said this????

d.) I have never typed or claimed:
    "that you somehow got access to Telaio"
    Where should I have said this????
    Please read serious again and see my reply in post#12 first page!

Wolfgang

6. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    1st: I started this thread!
    2nd: I am surprised by the reaction that it has caused.
    3rd: I am most surprised by people calling eachother liars.

What is this smelly box? Nothing happened! Just a reaction that we did not know what was going on.
    What I like about the Telaio group is that Edvar created a group of "hardcore" Ferrari enthusiasts. That is something that this forum really needs. What I don't like is that it is not a "semi-closed" part of this forum. Why be so hush hush? It is great to have this group incorporated within this forum.

I think that the whole thing is that some paying members find that it should have been mentioned that it was here. People usually don't like it when they find out (by accident) what happens behind their back. With this I am not suggesting that something is "happening", but the hush hush atmosphere sure makes people think that it does. This is normal human group behaviour.

It is nice to have these "hardcore" Telaio members among our crowd. They are the brains of this forum. Does this mean that we can also contact this group (or members of the group) if we have specific historical Ferrari related questions?

Ton

7. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Hi Wolfgang,

Edvar never said you started this thread, so your point a) and b) are void. As to point c) you not exactly stated as much but you implied by using the who's online option you could "see" the Telaio members. Ofcourse this was only a joke - just like Edvar said. Point d) is caused by your confusing post #16 with the link to another "secret" section. I too thought you were linking to the Telaio section but now I understand it's a secret hardcore section. In any case not the thing I would expect from a moderator.

I think Edvar has explained the situation clearly. Maybe I should fill in some more background history of Telaio.

It was "founded" in 1996 by four Dutch Ferrari number crunchers. It started out as a quarterly newsletter and contained mainly lists of attended events. We tried to get the well known Ferrari historians joined and this went rather well. After a few years it was replaced by a mailing list administrated by Edvar. With this new format it really took off.

The secrecy is sometimes neccessary because the members share information that is a bit sensitive. It's a sad but real part of the Ferrari world. There are sometimes conflicting interests when the history of individual Ferraris are concerned.

Anyone would understand that as long as you know who's who in a selected email group you can fairly trust that your information doesn't get leaked. well, the reality turned out that even that's not always the case.

That's why new members are "screened" (if that's possible). Some of the older members would say that it's not strict enough. Telaio growing too big would selfdestruct.

Also another ongoing discussion on Telaio is the matter of lurking. People who can but won't contribute information and only take information. Anyone would understand that it takes a lot of effort to obtain information so to give nothing in return is a no no.

That's one reason why the Telaio group is kept close to the knit.

Thanks for understanding. Nothing to see here. move along. :)

Ciao, Peter

8. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I started this thread!!!!
    Why is nobody talking to me?

Am I ugly?

9. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    expect a visit of the Telaio Special Forces anytime soon. Nobody messes with Telaio ! ;) :D

10. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Damn!
    Where is my kungfu book?

11. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Peter,
    are you Edvars secretary?
    Anyway and once again.
    I just wanted to point out and clear some FACTS with my last reply regarding a.) & b.)

"I too thought you were linking to the Telaio section but now I understand it's a secret hardcore section."

Thats excatly what I`m talking about:
    First read than post!

Wolfgang

12. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Thank, Peter, for giving the additional information. I just want to make it a bit more clear of what Telaio is about.

Wolfgang, it was not meant as a personal attack, as I also wrote "Some of the things posted by you and others ...". But I hoped that you -as a Moderator- knows that some people don't understand jokes and that they might be thinking that you're talking about true things. For example, regarding your point C, I was referring to post #101:

I know that it was a joke, but some persons thought it was for real. Therefore I would appreciate a bit more careful approach to this topic. Also, for example about post #11:

Red Headed is still at www.red-headed.com. That fact that I (temporarily) removed the page about Telaio (I did this long before the move to the new webforum) was related to the large number of requests I got from persons who wanted to join Telaio without any serious interest in "serialnumbers". It was not related to something else.

I also want to make clear that Rob mainly takes care of the technical side. Wayne is a "moderator" to help members with the switch from the old system to the new system. Besides that, I and a friend from Australia are still the admins/moderators of Telaio.

One final example is the screenshot posted by Simon in post 44. I know it might sound strange, but some people believe it ... And that's why I sent my message, and I'm sorry if I sometimes sounding a bit pissed-off.

And to reply to Ton too (;)), I hope you know understand your second and third point. I'm not exactly saying that others are liars, but just that certain things are not true (which is something different) and that "jokes" are sometimes seen as the truth ...

One of the reasons that we didn't mention that Telaio has a certain connection with FerrariChat is that we are still in the first phase. We moved recently and are still experimenting with certain things. Also, it would bring an unnecessary attention to Telaio, because I'm not looking forward to hundreds of requests to join Telaio ...

Several very active Telaio members regularly check the sections on FerrariChat, especially the "Model Specific Discussions". Questions posted over there will certainly get the attention of Telaio members, and will often result in a reply, with or without the help of other Telaio members.

Again, I just want to clarify things and to get rid of too many "myths" about Telaio. That's all ...

13. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
  14. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Edavar,

thanks for your post. Great reading!

Regarding my post #101:
    "Funny, at least I got the whole secret telaio members list this way.."

Yes & No, thats why - ;) -
    It was indeed funny to see how many users showed up at the european section reading the “telaio” thread during this night.
    Yes, “they” must have talked about this thread and maybe there was a direct link to this thread. So a lots of “telaio” members clicked the link to see and read what we are talking about.That’s exactly what I have seen (username who is reading the telaio thread) and told here! Nothing more or less.

BTW, I have reported this link to Rob (we are in email touch about this).
    Rob was so kind to delete the link cause of the privacy of the users here.
    I asked him to delete it cause everybody can see everybodies IP!!!!!!!!!!!

Best
    Wolfgang

P.S. to everybody
    False, Fooling, Lias, Claims…..a.s.o.

Please take care (in a friendly way).
    If somebody states such things about me and my posts.
    Please tell/show me where I have said something wrong/lia or bad things about “telaio” ???
    Reading my thoughts/posts about “telaio” you will clearly see that I like the idea and highly appreciate a community like this here. Yes, we can be proud to have such great guys here.

!!!!!!!!My only critisim was the way we heared about it!!!!!!!!

15. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Voila! That is what I mean! :)

Can we make this thread "thread of the month"?

16. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #116 Simon, Jul 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You have got to be kidding. Right?

Actually, yes look, its being discussed again ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Hi Wolfgang,

That's what I thought, but I'm sure many "non-Telaio members" would have visited the thread too ;) ;) Anyway, I understood it, but unfortunately some people really thought that the full list of members was now "public". Which is, of course, not the case ...

Appreciated! The page indeed showed a bit too much info, also about reading private messages and visiting threads in Silver/Rossa sections ...

Again, no hard feelings. I just don't want to create to many "myths" about Telaio ;)

Anyway, on a different topic: I still should email you a picture of your TR. Maybe I can do it this evening. Oh yes, do I already know the serialnumber??? :D :D :D

18. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
  19. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    This is the best thread we had in months.
    Why is everybody suddenly so friendly again? Can't we lighten up the fire again a bit more?

Let me think......... what shall I say? ;)

20. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Could we also create a Euro section that is for a selected group of members?

:)

21. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    It already is.
    Nobody else posts here ;)

22. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Maybe one just for you. Talk about exclusive! ;) :D

23. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Yes, but Ton also and wants to get rid off all the lurkers & observers ;)

24. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Wolfie, Ton,
    Am I still eligible to enter in this European only secret section :)
    Ciao
    Eugenio

25. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang