Talk to me about colors | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Talk to me about colors

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ak Jim, Nov 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Ok Brett, how much did you pay that guy? ;)

2. Stefano1

Stefano1 Karting

Dec 28, 2008
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Stefano Bini
  3. Stefano1

Stefano1 Karting

Dec 28, 2008
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Stefano Bini
    so, what are you going to have to pay for a professional paint job on your car? What has anyone paid for a paint job on a 400i?

4. MITYRARE

MITYRARE F1 Rookie

May 21, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Paul
    He doesn't have to, since i am an opinionated SOB and this is one of the first times I have agreed with Brett....he's usually out to lunch...jk (I will expect a pm from Brett any minute now haha) ...you want a blue car with a chocolate brown interior?....go buy a classy 1984 Chevette (sarcasm)....this is a Ferrari for petes sake...don't go to all that work and end up with the gayest Ferrari on the road.

If you want blue then change out the whole interior...others have....a nice blue can look good on these cars.....just do not ruin it with a chocolate brown interior.....i'll take your chocolate interior and put it in mine when i find the right one .....anyone know of a nice silver one for sale??...you know the kind....with a boring black interior ( more hate pms coming my way...damn i better shut up)....

.....I want my car to have class and that cool interior you have will not go to waste.

cheers

Beev

5. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    i did direct him to the thread to express his opinion, but no cash exchanged hands...i gave him a Ferrari instead...but just a Mondial...

6. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Come on Jim, go for silver. It shows the lines of the car beautifully.

Aidan

7. MITYRARE

MITYRARE F1 Rookie

May 21, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'll be down in 40 minutes to pick up my new Mondial Brett...you know which one i want....the silver one with the chocolate brown interior....class all the way!!!!!!!

beev

8. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    : )

i must be the only dum-dum who can't figure out how to do those proper little smiley faces...

9. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    sweet shop brettski!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Hey MITYRARE, how about if it looked like a Pinto? Actually I grew up driving a 76 Pinto station wagon! It was not fast in a straight line but it did handle fairly well. My Dad kept wondering why the tires kept wearing out at 15,000 miles.

Ok, so it sounds like blue is a bad choice. If the interior was in bad shape then it would be easy to disreguard the color. I would rather spend the money on a set of cams anyway.

One last question, is there any advantage to staying with the original color? Not that I'm planning on selling but what would be the best choice for resale, original marrone or silver.

Once again I want to thank everyone for taking their valuable time to respond to this thread!

11. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    well, not to knock Marrone (different strokes etc.)...but if the original is Marrone there is no disadvantage to changing, IMHO.

the car will look stunning in Silver over chocolate...unique, rare and "rich".

how about this, if you want the red/tan '73 that is up next, it's yours...i'll keep this one. i **** you not, offer made for all to see.

you can still choose your exterior colour, but now you have tan inside, which will work way better with your first choice, which was blue.

it's up to you, i'm dead serious.

12. MITYRARE

MITYRARE F1 Rookie

May 21, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #87 MITYRARE, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not a fan of marrone. Who knows what the next owner would want....however i have always been able to move vehicles that were personalized in a unique but tasteful manner.

Ok so here's some food for thought...have you thought of two tone...if the car was mine i would do a two tone with one colour below the belt line and a different one above much like the colours in this old Jaguar pic....i would reverse it with the dark on the bottom and the cream on top.....personally i think this colour combination would be unique and make you stand out in the crowd with class and be the best way to highlight the rich chocolate interior....my 2 cents (please no threatening calls Brett)

beev
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. MITYRARE

MITYRARE F1 Rookie

May 21, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #88 MITYRARE, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009

If you really want blue, then then this offer of a tan interior would be the way to go, 'cause it would look sharp...not as good as my two tone suggestion but still sharp!

beev

14. kliko312

kliko312 Karting

May 21, 2008
    NLD
    Full Name:
    Graaf
    Jim,

Last weekend I visited Brett's shop. First of all I would like to mention that your car is in very good hands!

My personal opinion for the colour for your car would be silver as well. Together with the interior of the car makes it a great combination. You will not be disapointed with the looks of the car. All in all it suits the car really nice I think, so where are you waiting for, make the call; silver it should be.

I looked very closely when Brett's mechanic put back together the gear box of the 365. Very nice work.

Jan