Talk me out of it! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Talk me out of it!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rob lay, Nov 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Rob, come over any time. We just got COD MW2, and the boys spend ALL of their free time on it. Try it out, see what you think.

2. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I've always played solo, though I have games and hardware that will run fine for online play.

The age factor is a difference...I don't have the reflexes and quick acuity of a 14 year old, or even a 30 year old.

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Hey Rob, I have a first gen 60G PS3 for sale. Just 'serviced'! It's backwards compatible to PS2 games. No pressure though. :)

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Just bought Dragon Age, see everyone in 2 weeks. Text me if FChat goes down. ;)

5. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Which platform did you end up getting?

Enjoy :D

6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I started with this after setting it aside for a week.

I love the story chains...just got done with one big one and was left wondering if I picked the right side...I was like aaahhhh ffffuuu***.

Enjoying it a bit more now that my mage is far less squishy.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    PC

So far I hate it, but only 40 minutes in trying to figure the basics out. Remember I haven't played a video game in a long time. The stories and giving you 4 possible responses is just like the D&D books in the 80's - turn to this page if this response or this page for that response, just as cheesy. I haven't even killed anything yet! The basics setting up the character were OK, but same as they have always been D&D, Wizardry, or MUD'ing.

I'm sure it will grow on me as I figure out.

8. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Yeah, I bought the game thinking I wouldn't like it and played it for an hour or so not liking it, for some of the reasons you listed...but it grew on me, and I suspect you'll start liking it after a bit, too.

9. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah keep at it :eek:

RPG's usually take a while to get into.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, after that last post I got even more frustrated, but looking back I think it was a glich as I exited and started from my previous save and it did what I wanted. Now I'm fully into killing things and leveling up, think I'm Level 4 now. Starting to pick up some combat skills picking the right equipment, using the potions, and positioning yourself. A little more fun, but I'm going to bed.

11. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
  12. lids369

lids369 Karting

Jul 28, 2008
    Boston
    i had never played an rpg since pokemon, and i bought dragon age and i love it. im just stuck on this part and its annoying.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm enjoying it OK, far from addicted, even though I just got it I'll go a couple days without playing it and when I do 45-60 minutes is about all I can stand. My character is just short of Level 7 right now.

I'm starting to get the hang of more advanced fighting strategies. Things I don't like about it are all conversation and story lines you have to do, I know some like that, I prefer to just fight. Also get frustrated with setting the tactics up, for all my characters I've put use lowest health potion in health < 75% in position 1, but rarely does it actually work. I also don't like how some characters just stand there and stop fighting, you have to constantly group them and assign them to a target. I have all tactics on aggressive and fighting too.

I wish it wasn't so easy to die and just start back over on your previous save. Same thing when your complete party doesn't die, then end of battle they just stand back up. When I did MUD'ing or Wizardry it was a big deal to die, pain in the butt for all the experience you lost often taking you back a level or two.