Take a look at this for me and tell me what y’all think. | FerrariChat

Take a look at this for me and tell me what y’all think.

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Jimmy3993, Jul 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    I’m thinking about picking up a lusso t as a daily. (Pls don’t try and y’all me in to a v12 or an FF. I get the v12 thing but it isn’t what I want right now).
    I like the spec on one at my local dealer but there are some waves to the front bumper that concern me. I’ll try to upload pictures. The GM who is a good guy said it looks like a figment issue and might be repairable. I worry that the car got bumped and it didn’t get reported. Ty in advance! Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Isn’t the front some composite material? Perhaps the dark color and sitting in blazing hot sun of Texas has caused it to warp?
    I’m not sure a frontal accident would look like that.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’d pass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    My FF had a front bumper replacement under warranty. The dealer assured me that it was not involved in an accident but was a faulty bumper. So it does happen from time to time. Easiest way to check is insist on a new one and ask for photos of the underbody once the old one has been removed.

5. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    turns out to have been the light in the warehouse. I just went back to see the car in the sunlight. They lined up 3 lusso t's next to each other and I couldn't see problem that I took a picture of. I did find a door ding but if I want a new car I should pay up for a new car.

sampelligrino and tomc like this.
  6. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Glad it turned out to be figment after all. Please post photos of your car once you‘ve bought it.

7. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    I’m still noncommittal. I’d hoped to find jbl, CarPlay and pano. This has CarPlay and pano but I would be left to my own devices for an audio upgrade. Which on a dd matters to me. they have a Grigio Titanio w jbl but it’s a 2019 and priced 25k higher. I’m already feeling guilt for committing 190 to a daily.

greg328 and ryalex like this.
  8. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    A man after my own heart. Those would be my top Lusso must have options as well as LED steering wheel and shields. I prefer the V12, but to get RWD and potentially avoid any PTU issues a few FFs have encountered makes the LussoT appealing IMO. Still sounds great, just different.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Here is my take which will draw displeasure.
    I got a 13 FF. It’s loaded with goodies and love a good spirited drive with it and that sound is amazing.
    I also have a s63 coupe which my wife drives daily.
    If u forget the badge or any bias the merc is by almost every metric inimaginable the better car.
    Take CarPlay in the lusso, nice right? But where is it positioned? Way too low to see as u drive.
    The merc has more safety feature too, and the panoroof? Had that a long time ago.
    Anyhow- the lusso and FF have their own merits but for me and that’s only me I have it as a second or even 3rd car .
    My 1 cent;)

Altoria F and Bamsefar like this.
  10. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    I really like the laugh edition S63 coupes. The matte silver on Bordeaux builds. I just can't quite fit my kids in the back seat. I have tried more than once! I'd agree that to my left brain, the s63 is a better car. But to my right brain... id take the lusso. For a reason that I can't put my finger on, after 6 or so months all the mercs I have ever owned felt boring. But even the first Cali that I had the chance to own still felt special the day that I let it go. Not sure why. Something about the FCar just gets to me.
    Thx everyone. I think that I found a build that I like. Out of state but at a franchise dealer. Will see if I can make the math work with them in the morning.

11. Rojak

Rojak Rookie

Jan 8, 2019
    East Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Facciobene
    Guys.... I have a V-12 Benz and a V-12 Ferrari...... yes the Merc is better in all the creature comforts et al....... But the Ferrari gets all the looks and all the interest, it’s just way sexier in all measurable aspects......IMHO....

Natkingcolebasket69 and ryalex like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s what I have both;)
    Can’t go wrong with a lusso!
    Like Chris Harris said: even in traffic it feels special!

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed- but as u noted recently the FF will drive u crazy with all the electronics issues;) I really think Ferrari needs a better QC process... when I see mine and think new it was 390k I’m at times baffled

14. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    Ugh. I’ve never bought a Ferrari new. But I did buy an AMG car new once many years ago. That was an expensive first year of ownership. I fell in love at the dealership and paid full sticker.
    I “think” this lusso t in Seattle should be 180-185 based on miles, spec and condition. They are at 195 right now. I guess all I can do is make the offer and be will I go to move on if they say no.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.