Tailor Made F12 in Grigio Ferro | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Tailor Made F12 in Grigio Ferro

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by icoburn, Jan 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Great job. Love you spec choices. Congrats !

2. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulation! What a beautifully and tasteful configured F12 Berlinetta!

3. GRahal09

GRahal09 Rookie

Nov 28, 2011
    Damn! I just saw this and was thinking, that could be my new daily driver if Ian would ever sell it! haha. Congrats, insanely beautiful car.

4. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Thank you, Rockitman, Sir Ferrari, and GRahal09. I felt lucky to stumble upon it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! What a beast!

6. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The car and all the details that you put into it are spot on. Stunning example of how Ferrari allows you to express your individual desire and taste. Congrats !!!

7. icoburn

icoburn Karting

Jun 14, 2012
    Franklin, TN
    Full Name:
    Ian Coburn
    Thank you gentlemen.

8. bob mccarthy

bob mccarthy Rookie

Jan 6, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Robert C McCarthy,Jr
    Why are you selling it?? I saw it on the web site of Ferrari Atlanta today.

9. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Great pics, Ian. Your headlight surround pic really shows the CF weave. Thank you for sharing.

10. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Picking up the F12 in the morning at F of Atlanta. Sitting at Kurt's outdoor beer garden, looked up, and saw this. A cavallino (yeah, "Stuttgart" but it is a German joint). Must be fate. Life is good. 😊

[​IMG]

11. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #112 Bundy, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just finished a 400 mile drive through small twisty GA backroads and long flowing TN and KY interstate mountain sweepers. Wow. Best car I've ever driven, by quite some margin. Initial impressions:

- Amazed with the handling precision and confidence it instills. Steering is quick but perfectly suited to the car. Able to place the car with pinpoint accuracy, and none of the understeer and suspension crashiness I experienced with my 2009 612.

- Tons of fun even at reasonable speeds, e.g. 70-90 mph. Biggest surprise of the day. I think the quick steering, which requires you to pay attention, actually makes it more fun in the real world.

- Very nearly as luxurious, comfortable, and refined as any high-end sedan when you want it to be (windows up, bumpy road engaged, auto or 7th gear)

- The interior quality and amenities have come a LONG way since even 2009.

- Fuel stops take longer than usual, because you make a lot of new friends when you stop. Anyone who is concerned that the younger generation doesn't love or "get" sportscars hasn't met all the teenagers and twenty somethings that flocked to the car today, including one young man who came running across the street from his meal at a restaurant! Attracted a ton of gentleman in their 40's, 50's, and 60's, too.

- Ferrari of Atlanta (Michael Mills, Vance, and Steven in sales AND Michael Roth in service) are AWESOME. Consummate professionals and true gearheads.

- I "get" the passion on this board for Ferrari's NA engines. The F12 has the best engine sound I've ever heard. I still plan to get the 488 GTB, and appreciate the lower bassier rumble (maybe because I have owned and tracked a 1997 Porsche 993TT for 16 years), but I really sympathize with those who want NA or nothing. It's a VERY legit part of the driving experience.

- Once you get comfortable with RACE mode, I doubt you will return to SPORT. It's transformative.

- Car seems to shrink around you after you've driven 100-200 miles. Very intuitive.

- Fuel mileage in sixth gear was nearly as good as in seventh gear.

- Ian has an incredible eye for design and detail. The staff at F of Atlanta explained all the extra effort he put into having a few pieces done in CF back in the states (such as the surround for the driver's door buttons that open the fuel door and trunk) to complete the TM design. I am forever indebted to him, and still consider this car to be his baby.

- Grigio Ferro is an amazing color, and gray suits the F12 perfectly, IMHO

- The front engine plastic tray can bottom out easily, and the suspension lifter is essential. This car has been lowered slightly.

- The race seats are pretty firm, but comfortable for 6 hours of driving today.

- The hi-fi system is really pretty decent, but I can't see myself listening to music very often!

- Lots of buffetting behind the driver's head with just the driver's window rolled all the way down at highway speeds.

I'll try to post higher quality, detailed pics (e.g. of the engine's CF) when the car is clean and the sun isn't setting, but here's some from today.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Wheels1 and Solid State like this.
  12. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Beautiful ... so well done. Enjoy !

13. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Thank you, Brian. Been driving it all day, including taking our teenagers' friends for rides. Fun. 😊

14. ml321

ml321 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    London/Munich
    Congratulations - an amazing looking car - love the spec on this one
    Enjoy in good health

15. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir

Thank you, ml321. I've really enjoyed the 500 miles over the past two days. My wife and I plan to drive the F12 to the F1 COTA race in October. About 2,200 miles round trip, not including side excursions for Hill Country BBQ.

I went Ferrari-less for over a year. Grateful to have one back in our lives.

16. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Congrats!!! Just beautiful.....

17. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #118 Bundy, Jul 5, 2016
    Thank you, Mark. I know the time, effort, and consideration that you and Ian put into your TM F12's, so that means a lot. Glad you're finally able to enjoy your beauty with your family. I've really enjoyed following your thread.

Here are some additional photos of our "new" (to us) F12. I tried not to duplicate what had already been posted. There are a lot of pics detailing the thicker, more pebbly (for lack of a better word) feel and look to the Frau leather - Inchiostro SC20 for the black, Carminio Frau SC128 for the red. Ian explained to me that standard Ferrari leather was used on the dash, steering wheel, and upper door trim because Frau was not approved to meet US DOT requirements for placement over airbags.

Hope these pics help others who may be considering TM or certain design upgrades such as Frau leather, CF, etc. I want to publicly thank Ian for being so helpful to me in my initial days of ownership. He's gone over and above. A true mensch and ambassador for the brand.

18. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #119 Bundy, Jul 5, 2016