Tailor Made F12 in Grigio Ferro | FerrariChat

Tailor Made F12 in Grigio Ferro

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by icoburn, Jan 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icoburn

icoburn Karting

Jun 14, 2012
    Franklin, TN
    Full Name:
    Ian Coburn
    #1 icoburn, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On Friday I took delivery of this beautiful Grigio Ferro F12. The journey with this car started last Spring when my wife and visited the Factory with our representative from Ferrari of Atlanta. We had a absolutely unforgettable first class two-day experience including a private tour and configuring the F12 along with our also soon to be delivered Tailor Made Speciale.

For the F12, my wife and I had a good idea of what we wanted to do design wise and paired with the invaluable experience and guidance from our representative and the Tailor Made team, I think we hit it on the head. The goal was to keep the exterior design very sleek and classic Ferrari GT with the slightly aggressive feel of the 599 GTO. For the interior we wanted it to be sporty but more luxurious than the standard interior. The end result was Grigio Ferro Metallic exterior paint, with every exterior carbon fiber option, including the headlights and engine compartment. The wheels and all the non-carbon fiber exterior trim, including the back cavallino and Ferrari script were painted in a Tailor Made color call Nero Elkann, which the best way I can describe it is a Satin-Matte black with slight metallic flake. For the interior we chose a red and black theme using top grade Italian Furniture leather and reverse tone-on-tone stitching. Of course a healthy amount of carbon fiber trim was used and the controls, handles, air vents and other pieces not in carbon were painted in Nero Elkann. We also chose nero alcatara for all the floor surfaces, mats and trunk area, so no standard carpet was used. Red pin-striping accents were painted on the dash and bridge carbon fiber trim. After the car arrived at Ferrari of Atlanta, there service team added the carbon fiber fender shields, a exhaust switch and lowered it 15mm.

With one day of ownership, I can already say this is one of the most spectacular cars and excellent purchase experiences I have ever had. I highly recommend team at Ferrari of Atlanta and the Ferrari Tailor Made experience.

*sidenote on the red leather, its actually darker and more of a deep red in person.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Beautiful car, very well put together. I think everything on the exterior works great. Also think the interior is very well done, great use of color.

Just curious what the thinking was on lowering the car. Are all the photos showing the car lowered, or are the inside garage pictures pre-lowering?

3. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    That is utterly gorgeous.

4. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Stunning. You definitely got the design brief right!

5. icoburn

icoburn Karting

Jun 14, 2012
    Franklin, TN
    Full Name:
    Ian Coburn
    Thank you. All the pictures show the car after being lowered. In my opinion the F12 sits too high and there is excessive wheel gap. I tend to lower all of my cars. I will only perform suspension setup at the dealer or a qualified shop. The gentleman at Ferrari of Atlanta who did this work is in my opinion one of the best Ferrari Technicians in the World and it certainly shows in the ride quality of the car, it is perfectly setup.

6. diogomsl

diogomsl Karting

Jan 4, 2014
    Porto, Portugal
    Full Name:
    Diogo Laroca
    Very good looking configuration! Love the black Cavallino in the rear :)
    Can you share the SN to add to my database?

7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #8 dcmetro, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    Grigio Ferro is a magnificent color, your car is really sick, and Congrats for the CF engine bay, it looks so beautiful.

It's a very rare option. As for now I have seen it only on the show car at the F12 presentation in 2012.

Is it possible to have a close-up on the Nero Elkann parts and the CF headlights ? All those features are really interesting

Another question , How has the car been lowered ? Aftermarket springs ?

8. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    Grigio on Black/red.

Awesome.

The rear plate is the day you are selling the car ?

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Stunning! Most people don't lower and space the F12 but I am told its one of the best cars for it in terms of looks and especially performance. Would love to see a picture of your F12 next to your Speciale in Rosso Coburn with the custom stripes as well as the 16M in Rosso Fuoco. What a collection of modern masterpieces. Good luck with them.

10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    gorgeous! congrats :)

11. icoburn

icoburn Karting

Jun 14, 2012
    Franklin, TN
    Full Name:
    Ian Coburn
    Thanks. The car was lowered on the factory springs with the front lifter. I had the Novitec springs but the tech decided they were not needed.

12. icoburn

icoburn Karting

Jun 14, 2012
    Franklin, TN
    Full Name:
    Ian Coburn
    No, that the date the temporary vehicle registration tag expires. No plans to see this car anytime soon :)

13. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have seen this car in person. The interior looks fantastic. Your special is really well done too.

14. Benternet

Benternet Formula Junior

May 4, 2014
    TN
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Yet another truly magnificent vehicle Ian has specc'd . Consider myself lucky to see the fine details he puts into making all of his cars masterpieces.

15. Melons

Melons Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2013
    Looks outstanding, congratulations!!! He lowered my speciale too, great work!!!

16. icoburn

icoburn Karting

Jun 14, 2012
    Franklin, TN
    Full Name:
    Ian Coburn
    Thanks guys!

17. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Very very beautiful! May I ask what type of Italian Furniture Leather it was?

18. icoburn

icoburn Karting

Jun 14, 2012
    Franklin, TN
    Full Name:
    Ian Coburn
    Thanks. I don't recall the particular brand.

19. Bibendum

Bibendum Rookie

Apr 30, 2007
    Breathtaking. Absolutely stunning.

20. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Icoburn, great looking car - I'd be interested in seeing pictures of your Speciale as I'm in the process of speccing my Speciale A and was thinking of titanio but would be interested in other well specced ideas.

21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think this might just be my favorite!

22. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulation! Very beautiful and unique color combination!

23. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I, too, am curious about this car's serial number. It's certainly one of a kind, and I love the Tailor Made treatments to the interior and exterior. And like dcmetro, I'm also interested in seeing close-up pictures of the parts painted in Nero Elkann. Is that a custom color, or has Ferrari used it on other cars in the past? Congratulations on a stunning, unique F12.

24. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Wow … that is a wonderful F12. Love the spec and the details on it. Grigio Ferro and lot's of CF … I have always been a fan of such configuration. Reminds me of my 599 HGTE.

Really nice. Well done and congratulations.

Drive it hard and often.

Cheers,

M