Tailor Made/Atelier high quality leathers in F12/Tdf/812 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Tailor Made/Atelier high quality leathers in F12/Tdf/812

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Nov 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Bundy we go for our first time on Feb 12, will need to pick your brain on ideas, logistics, hotels, etc.

of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  2. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    You’ll love it! We’ve stayed in Bologna at the Grand Majestic (and a 3 BR / 2 Ba airbnb on the Piazza Maggiore) on previous visits, but are trying the Maranello Palace this time to lessen the drive.

In Bologna, there are so many great restaurants, including Cesarini and da Nello. In Maranello, it’s Ristorante Montana as many times as we can go! We have a great gent named Giammarco who we often hire as our driver, although we’re renting an Alfa Stelvio this time because we’re heading to Montalcino for a few days to play after TM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11, spyderman and of2worlds like this.
  3. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
  4. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Nice - it looks like Bottega Veneta. ;)

matthis, CottonCandy, ScottS and 4 others like this.
  5. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
  6. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I posted the pics in the PF thread, I knew you'll like

8. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Cool Goldrake seat in black Mycroprestige in the new Tailor Made showroom in Maranello yesterday.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Bolivian Buffalo Hide in TM 812... looks great

[​IMG]
    graypaulnottingham

F2003-GA, TeamF1Jr, bwshihtzu and 6 others like this.
  11. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    What’s next to it?

Square quilted? Gold rake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #88 dcmetro, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Antigua Mandarino leather and nero carpet (I love the name as much as the leather in itself)

There seems to be a hell of a lot of options concerning extra quality leathers... I hope I'll enjoy the TM experience before dying

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ferrari Singapore

13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Garretto likes this.
  14. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    mofatmi9, matthis, CLRut and 11 others like this.
  15. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    It seems that F changed the rules for TM cars.
    My dealer told me that now F gives only one TM appointment for each dealer in a year!!
    Some dealers can get a second one as a bonus!

BUT to have access to TM you have to spend minimum 120k€ in options, including the technical options.

All others Customers who wants to personalized their cars can ask to have an appointment to Atelier.

This startegy is totally in line with the announced policy of making F cars more exclusive and expensive.
    So in the coming days TM cars will be rare!!

Nobody heard the same?

Bests

F456M and of2worlds like this.
  16. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    100% not correct. I have done two this year, the second time there were two other customers from our dealer there too. I know of at least two others from the same dealer this year so at least 5 and more likely double that. For the nicer cars TM is becoming more popular, hence the huge investment in the new TM building. Our dealer is a mid-size dealer.

JagShergill likes this.
  17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Perhaps but too much TM and you cut the buyer base significantly. Not many folks want to pay extra for very personal material and style choices so I think from a strictly ROI perspective likely poorest return but highest sense of satisfaction which is the primary purpose - to make a unique and highly personal statement so rarity not tied to desirability as other spec options I would think.

18. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    This year I also did two and also my dealer had more than 6 appointment.
    Each appointment I was alone with the dealer but it was only half day that personally I consider not enough time to explore new materials and solutions.
    TM is a personal experience and I don't consider logical to share with somebody else.
    Btw they told me that new rules are valid starting from 2019. I got an appointment at the beginning of new year and this time will be a full day.....so something new!
    I personally saw many TM cars that can be easily done at Atelier, and this is what F doesn't want too.
    F is improving the dealers configurator and options available as well as the Atelier showroom and not only in Maranello.

Anybody had the same feedback from your dealers for 2019?

Albert-LP and of2worlds like this.
  19. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    I'll be doing my TM in april next year, I was offered 3 dates by my dealer.(all in H1, so I would assume that they will get at least 6 dates for the whole of 2019) I've been told that TM will mean the level of customization needs to be higher than previously, as Atelier offers alot of the "standard" stripes and extra options that only TM has offered in the past. Not sure if its due to my TM being a 812, but I was also told that I've been allocated the whole day, arrive around 10, and leave around 4

Dave

of2worlds likes this.
  20. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
  21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    some serious fun with that color combination...extravagant execution with Bolivian hide!!!

bwshihtzu likes this.
  22. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Last month when I was at the factory, I heard direct from the head of TM that yes they are re-doing the process of TM appointments, but no it had nothing to do with one per dealer but rather Ferrari creating blocks of time for each country and their market. Some dealers here in the U.S. don't do any TM at all while our dealer here in Scottsdale leads the country in Atelier and TM cars so I highly doubt Scottsdale will be reduced to 1-2 visits per year when they have been running at 6-8 per year now.

From what I would guess is that customers already building unique and interesting TM cars will always be welcome by Ferrari through their dealer to continue to build one-off cars. No matter how many additional customers an individual dealer may or may not have.

23. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron

That's terrific! I barely had time during my 3-4 hour TM appointment to create my car and I knew what color (or lack there off) and leather I wanted before hand.

Foxmod likes this.
  24. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I welcome the additional time, as well. It’s difficult to process the myriad options in only 3 hours.

of2worlds likes this.