Tailor Made 812 Superfast | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Tailor Made 812 Superfast

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by markmoon, Jul 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    TM experience is unique and is totally different form atelier+trip to factory
    if you are a fan of personalization and you have your vision this is the place where to go
    is not only the infinite choice of materials and solutions but as somebody said it’s the whole process before and after that make this experience unique
    but if you don’t have a vision I guess Atelier is more than enough

in two weeks I will spec my third car at TM and every time I feel the same excitement to have the possibility to create a new vision, of course my vision, according to the soul of the car

yes I’am a big fun and I don’t care if it will depreciated more cause I never buy anything to show but just to make me happy and enjoy with it.

Forza Ferrari!!

ryalex, 635CSI, day355 and 9 others like this.
  2. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Stunning

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #103 Bundy, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Our TM 812SF sticker was $599K USD with Blu Simond paint, Foglizzo taupe leather, Mycroprestige floorboards, hand-painted shields, all the carbon, diamond finish tdf wheels, hand-painted Italian flag on rear, etc.

IMHO, the experience of actually visiting the factory and Centro Stile to spec your car is a huge draw. There are also hundreds, if not thousands, of paint samples that have never been used on any Ferrari. Unusual interior materials, too, like the Foglizzo leather we chose for the 812. It’s typically used on custom yachts. And the “Posh green alcantara” on our Pista which was a new material. We also spec’d an unusual asymmetric stripe that the TM team had created but not yet used. And created our own greenish silver paint.

Atelier is great, but I’m not sure if the range of options is quite as broad? Maybe, now that the NYC TM showroom is open, a trip to Maranello is less necessary but I’m very grateful for the experience. Lunch or dinner at Ristorante Montana is reason enough to go!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir

Attached Files:

5. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Bundy, thank you for sharing your amazing TM creations with us
    congrats and enjoy in health

it is always exciting to see something out of the ordinary and extraordinary........TM is priceless :))

Bundy likes this.
  6. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Agreed , thank you Bundy for the insight.

So I am going first of March. for my GTS , I am excited and unsure . I'm unsure because I am not looking to do out of range colors, designs or schemes. I already know what I want and truthfully I'm sure it can spec'd doing it Atelier, esp at the new one in NY.
    So I wonder if I will be a bit embarrassed that my build might really take not much effort.
    Any comment to that? I am over thinking it?

Otherwise I'm really excited just to go back to Italy anyway , especially for going to the factory again and not as a tourist. Excited to meet a dedicated designer, perhaps see the inner workings , idk. That's got to be a once in a lifetime treat , super cool and special. Do they take pictures of the process , do they make a big deal out of it?

Also looking forward to eating at Montana

Thanks again...

ryalex, Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    You probably want to think about little details that they can do, for example the tricolour on the edge of the paddles or a TM interior covering that they will be able to show you. It does seem a waste to do an atelier car in TM - normal paint, standard leather etc.

Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You can request a Tailor Made "making of" book- thats for the build of the car. You can take pics of the process when you are there.

I think you should think about the overall theme you are going for: sporty, elegant, etc. Maybe look at some historic cars to see if theres anything that strikes your fancy in terms of maybe doing a bit of a tribute. Then think about details. They can do so many things, some things you might not have thought about. Its helpful to submit ideas to your dealer for them to submit to the Tailor Made team prior to your going. This way they can be prepared and you can get to work. It is a really wonderful process- and while the NYC studio truly feels like Maranello, with a fantastic staff, for me its worth the trip to really be there.

With all that said, I think you're right, if you want to do a nice spec with standard paints and materials, then you are pretty much looking at Atelier. You could always say this is what you would do with the standard choices, but you would like to do something similar, but different, and let them impress you.

9. Olivier de Jong-Trejo

Apr 3, 2020
    Nice spec. Love the stripe!

10. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Wiesbaden, Germany, not far from Frankfurt Airport
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    Hi Ian, being a Rookie her and a German Ferrari - customer from Wiesbaden, close to Frankfurt I went through a "hell of a path" to select a colour for "my" 812 GTS. Surprisingly..for me I went from Fiorano via Fuoco...landing up with Rosso Coburn..."your color" finally and I have the final spec-document from my dealer to confirm.
    Just a question now..since you know the colour in person whereas I don't...:) Anything against this great color for a 812 GTS? I would like to order now for arrival mid year. For me it is a little "adventure" to order without having seen a color in person, however your instagram-pics are mindblowing for me. I love what I see there and I hear that none of owners of rosso coburn have any regrets. The colour looks incredible on your 488 Pista ..any thoughts...welcome...:)

ryalex, of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    based on last posting date, icoburn has been off f-chat for about 3 years...

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/members/icoburn.118829/

12. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    Thank you, yes indeed...I saw that but couldn't resist..to check if he might answer. I love this "rosso coburn", an encouragement by "inventor"...would have been nice..., I might not get an answer then. I ordered today...it is a three layer paint...so can't go so wrong... I have seen that Mr. Coburn has a Pista from 2019, picked it up in Europe, and I realized that there were no new posts on this one in the chat...:(

13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Here are some views of a different Pista but also with the famous Rosso Coburn paint color from someone else. Rosso Coburn is a vibrant and bright tri strato red without the orange tones of Rosso Fuoco for example. If a bright candy red is what you want it would seem you can't go wrong choosing Rosso Coburn!
    To put Rosso Coburn in some perspective here are a couple of extra colors to compare with >

The first three pictures are Rosso Coburn
    The fourth picture is Rubino Metalizzato
    The fifth picture is Rosso Fiorano

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

First three picture from Fchat / U-Boat Commander

Wheels1, stavura, tickerhound and 3 others like this.
  14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You may want to double check re the current 10 day quarantine required in Emilia Romagna (Covid).

Marcel Massini

15. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al

That post was a year ago... :)

Short story , a few weeks before I was schedule to go to Italy I got cold feet on the tailor made option , I figured I could spec my car at the dealer or in the New York atelier location. Another week later everything was shut down.
    I spec'd at the dealer instead. It just came in last week , I will be picking it up next week after xpel wrap & radar is installed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ryalex, pk328, stavura and 6 others like this.
  16. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    beautiful spec, congrats...have fun, spring is coming :cool:

Alcav5 likes this.
  17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats my friend, No shields ? o_O Good for you for being brave enough :p GTS is looking fabulous Is it Azzurro Blue ? are the calipers gold color ?

Alcav5 likes this.
  18. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al

lol, thanks , I had the shields on my red 812 and I'm over it , besides I wanted to really see more of the Avio met. :D

I also had the gold calipers on my 812 and loved the subtleness as opposed to the yellow that I had on a few previous cars , less visual noise imo.
    I'll post the car in the picture thread when I finally pick it up.

ScottS, F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  19. 458cc

458cc Rookie

Jan 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Beautiful spec, love how the interior ties in perfectly with the exterior!

20. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
  21. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Well chosen.

How does avió compare to Azurro California ?
    It’s close no ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alcav5 likes this.
  22. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Very close, a hair more purple in California, avio is lighter

ScottS and ryalex like this.
  23. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah the pearl in AC has almost a periwinkle or soft lavender hue to it. Avio looks more icy and clear, but an exciting amount of flop between the shine and shadow. Love it.

F2003-GA and Alcav5 like this.
  24. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Yes, your description is perfect.

ryalex likes this.
  25. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I understand when owners get upset about missing orders. No one wants to spend 600K and get anything other than what you intended, but it looks so amazing without shields makes one question shields at all.

NYC Fred likes this.