Tailor Made 812 Superfast | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Tailor Made 812 Superfast

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by markmoon, Jul 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Absolutely love that! What a great advert for TM. Beautiful blue, works great with the stripe, wheels, everything. Congrats.

2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Picture in the TDF pic thread

3. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Very well put and the reason I'm going Tailor Made from now on.

4. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Amazing spec. Congrats.

Mark

5. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    What is the price for ONLY the central stripe over a STANDARD external paint?

6. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks so much. I actually ate at Montana several time. I had some business to discuss with someone from Gestione Sportiva, so I was in town for 6 days.

7. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thank you!!

8. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Very good description of the differences. I made the TM appointment on short notice through my friend with Gestione Sportiva. Hence, emails were flying back and forth and, when I arrived at the factory, Elena Fontana was not sure whether I wanted Atelier or TM. She took me to the Atelier studio where they had an 812 so I could see it. I obviously chose to go to the TM studio to spec the car. Would just say the the on-hand choices for colors, leathers, other materials, etc. we're far more extensive at TM. I believe the unnamed paints are unique to TM as well. My feeling is that if you take the time and expense to go to the factory, why not do TM. They do limit it to 200 clients worldwide per year per Elena.

9. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    The 200 may be true but at present for sure 70th getting them bogged down also.

10. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Please please post the shots you put on Instagram.......for me and Olivier at least :)

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I to would be very interested to see what the grey team has come up with this time! Though as noted before the factory pictures make the paint appear darker in color.
    The tailor made program seems to have a prominent role with younger Ferrari owners. Mr Coburn was one of five (well under fifty years old) owners with tailor made Ferrari models profiled in the Ferrari magazine. Four of these owners had a tdF on hand or arriving soon. It seems frequent tailor made customers have a good chance of getting one of the LE models...

12. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Yes I saw that article, lets hope he pick this up, if happy to Instagram it then should be OK to pop it here.

13. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    :)

14. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    As you're going Tailor Made you should get them to paint the callipers the same yellow as the shields and caps. The standard calliper yellow is a slightly different shade so there's always a bit of a clash with the shields and caps. This would bug me beyond measure! :) Great look otherwise.

15. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Congratulations, Mark! Your second TM design looks beautiful: very sporty but elegant. Nice job with the technical fabric on the seats and areas normally done with carpet or alcantara.

We return to Maranello in September to do TM on the 812S. We're considering somewhat similar exterior colors to your choices but a more GT-ish interior treatment. The 812S will join our TM F12 purchased from Ian.

Hope the news about changing named TM colors is wrong. Makes no sense to do that to your most enthusiastic & dedicated customers.

16. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    That will be difficult. Simply because certain colors for calipers (and other parts) are NOT homologated and therefore you cannot just have ANY color (or a "matching" color) for your brake calipers. Guys, please understand that many tailor made pieces first must be accepted and homologated by the authorities. This is one of the many reasons why stuff is always delayed. You cannot just select any color. Sample: In my brand new F12 I have seat belts in Cocos color to match the interior. That color first had to be officially homologated by the authorities, otherwise they simply could not do it and it would be illegal.

Marcel Massini

17. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #67 Traveller, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Is this what you are after? Also Deltonas standard GF for comparison but the lighting looks a little different.

Personally as GF is already a great colour TM GF Triple can surely only be better. I would be interested in the cost as GF is already an option.

Looks truly wonderful to me but wait to see the completed car which must be soon albeit I think you need to see a triple layer in the flesh to appreciate.

What is the rest of the spec?

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Christian.Fr likes this.
  18. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir

As usual, Marcel is correct. Our TM F12 has the thinner typical Ferrari leather over airbag surfaces because the thicker, more textured Pelle Frau leather was not allowed.

[​IMG]

19. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    He could simply have it done at his dealer. We did that on our Aperta so the calipers would match the Rosso Coburn stripe.

20. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo

I wasn't aware such thing - caliper color homologation, even existed.

Why do authorities have to homologate such thing? To make sure the paint composition is safe with heat or something? Then authorities are homologating by color and not by composition?

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

21. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #71 Marcel Massini, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Good luck with that. Let's say your dealer has the brake calipers repainted to your personal wishes and later you/your car are involved in some really nasty accident. Surely some smart and greedy U.S. lawyer will find a way to sue..........and most probably succeed.
    Just don't do stuff that is illegal. There's a reason why certain items have to be homologated first.
    My F12 has Cuoio Toscano interior, that includes the door panels, of course. However, the upper part of the door panel could NOT be done in Cuoio Toscano. That part covers the side airbags and Cuoio Toscano is not homologated for any airbag area, because it is a different type leather. Therefore that small upper part of the door panel is now in black leather and not in cuoio toscano.

Marcel Massini

22. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Marcel thank you for pointing that out as that is clearly not something I have thought about. Much appreciated.

23. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Generally people totally underestimate such stuff in automobile production and manufacturing and all these individual homologation issues are part/reasons of/for the many delays (on TM cars).
    The problem is that impatient clients do not want to listen, do not understand or the dealer doesn't really know at all and explain to his client. You can also call it lack of knowledge and experience or simple negligence, or lack of communication.

Marcel Massini

24. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Tim - awesome you are so helpful.

25. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Had the same issue on my Aperta no semi aniline allowed in airbag areas.