Taillights | FerrariChat

Taillights

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by moserpe, Aug 31, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moserpe

moserpe Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Moser
    I wish to replace both rear direction/reverse lights (the outer yellow ones) because of cracked glasses. Now the Eurospares list does not include these items for the 400/400i cars. However it's listed for 308/328/512BB etc. with part No. 60170206 (replacing 109645). Can anybody positvely confirm that this item is suitable for the 400i as well?
    I've compared the various cars on a F-meeteing yesterday and they seem to be identical from outside, but may be that the body shape or the fixation is different in the 400i.

Thanks in advance for your reliable feedback

Peter

2. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #2 blkprlz, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    Peter,

The 400 lenses are a little different than the rest of the Ferrari line in that they have a chrome ring that trims off the lenses where the lenses meet the black bases. TRutlands has turn signal lenses that they will sell individually for just under $350. ea., give them a call. Look closely at the first link to view the chrome ring @ the base of the lenses.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Tail-Light-Set-For-The-Ferrari-400-400i-412_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem3350dc75c4QQitemZ220399957444QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://www.trutlands.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=110054-26

Bruce

3. moserpe

moserpe Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Moser
    #3 moserpe, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bruce,

Thanks for your valuable information.
    I've ordered through the local F-Dealer for about the price asked by TRutlands. Looks like the chrome ring makes them double the price compared to those without (£ 96 from Eurospares).

Since both of my turn/reverse lamps were disintegrating (picture) it may be wise for all 400 / 400i drivers to check from time to time whether the central lens is loose or not. One was blown out from the pressure-build-up in the trunk when I closed the lid, the second one proved to be loose when I checked it as a consequence. It would be a pity to lose them on the road specifically if the turn lens is still in good shape.
    I've now reworked mine and will keep them in stock despite the cracked lenses - just for the worst case.

Peter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    The chrome trim ring is what sets us apart from the rest of the F-car field. Never saw that before w/clear lenses falling off like that.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    These assemblies are glued/heat fused together..

That is a rare failure...

Simple enough to reassemble??

Maybe it just missed a glue point on the original assembly line?

6. moserpe

moserpe Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Moser
    The glued circumference did actually have a "ruptured" appearence, which proves that it was correctly assembled at the beginning. May be it is not independent of the radial cracks of the main (yellow) lense which seems to be the result of internal stress.
    I have used transparent slilcone paste to fix it back, which serves as a seal and maintains a certain elasicity at the same time.

Peter

7. Maarten-Jan

Maarten-Jan Rookie

Jul 6, 2021
    Zwolle
    Full Name:
    M.J. Evers
    With my 308 lenses exactly the same problem, came apart when jetwashing...