TAIL OF THE DRAGON: APRIL 1-3 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

TAIL OF THE DRAGON: APRIL 1-3

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    Jeremy...I forgot about that one. Can't see much of the black beast however. Your car looks good though............

Jay

2. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    All of these pictures and stories are psyching me up to go back soon, very soon! BTW, I witnessed Guard Rail's finese with negotiating the black ice. Great job, David! I was very lucky to miss it all, otherwise we would have been into the back of you.

Guard Rail: What are you doing this weekend? Jack Russell Racing told me about a drive in NC up to Hanging Rock State Park and then you can jump on the Blue Ridge Parkway and head on up into Virginia. Some of those roads are almost as good as the Dragon, but not as infamous. Tuggle Gap or Morrisette Winery, either one would make a good end point. Lots of places to stay in all price ranges. Peaks of Otter is just one option. Jack Russell's in laws house is another. If they can tolerate the noise!

Who else might be interested?

Just kidding about Jack Russell's in-laws house!

3. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I gotta see what is going on, but I may be up for it. Then next weekend I'll be headed to atl for the race.......busy season!

Yeah I'm glad I missed that black ice too because I might have gotten into both of you guys if I'd hit it.....of course my seat didn't come off its rails though haha

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

...actually, with a few speed boats, jet skis, room for 60 guests, we might have some fun!

I vote for a drive on Flat Shoals Road from the infamous Bermuda Run Rally.

5. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    Jack Russell Racing: Well, I don't have a speed boat, but who needs one with a F car! There is a much slower boat, some PWCs and I do have a few rooms that might work for those who may have had a few too many adult beverages. Where is Flat Shoals Road, you have not mentioned that one before. Have you been holding out on me?

L8Braker: Oh yea, I forgot about the seat coming loose. Did that happen before the black ice, the deer running out in front, the throttle lift, or afterwards? I wish I had a video camera mounted, it would have been fantastic!

6. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Got to love the caption under the picture of David and J's car on www.killboy.com ... LOL

7. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    #82 L8Braker, Apr 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    bwaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

Here is the quote & picture

"Our buddy with the 348 Challenge car came back to play some more. The sound of this thing makes GIRLS hard."
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
  9. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Yea Route 66, 89, 8 near Hanging Rock and Rte 268 to Pilot Mtn are some nice curvy roads. There are some real nice switchbacks on Rte 89 and good places for photos for a background on Rte 66. I go once a month up in that area with the Corvette and WRX Crew. I see a few Porsches and 1-2 Ferraris here and there but rare. I have told David -Jack Russell racing about the Old Liberty Road route from Liberty NC to Asheboro NC which has 100 curves in 5 miles. Plus there is a road near the Uwharrie Mtns that I like to take which is sort of curvy. Speaking of curvy roads I went with a friend of mine that has a 02 WRX AWD and owns the Days Inn Yadkinville NC Hotel. He came up on a curve in the rain at 25 mph as I was in my car behind him. He ran off the side of the Hill into a ditch with a dent in the rear right side door and some scratches on the paint. He was scared half to death but he was not hurt. That is why I am sort of iffy on a curvy road when it snows or rains.

Also if you are near Walnut Cove NC (close to Summerfield NC at Sport Auto) then check out Hillbilly "Hideaway" for a good homecooked meal. They bring out tons of food and they keep on refilling the bowls until you are full.