Tach & Speedo Wiring | FerrariChat

Tach & Speedo Wiring

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by jgmblair, Aug 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Can someone confirm the wiring configuration from the pickup sensors to the C10 connector. Specifically which wires terminate at the +ve side of the pickups. I believe the yellow (G) wire should terminate at the +ve side of the Engine speed sensor (Tach) pickup and the green (V) wire should go to the +ve side of the TDC pickup?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    If I understand your question Jeff you have it correct--I disassembled and cleaned all the connections and sensors and did some continuity checks--not a bad thing to do from time to time. I now see that I can make some minor updates to the WD as well that would make this clearer. Take a look at the photos and let me know if this is what you were asking.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

turbo-joe likes this.
  3. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Thanks a bunch Tim! Exactly what I was hoping to confirm. Still chasing a PITA tach that bounces all over the place I'm sure I have a bad ground somewhere just have to find the time between chasing kids and work to do some tests. Cheers and thanks again.

turbo-joe likes this.
  4. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    You're welcome, glad it helped...good luck with the chase and let me know if you need anything else