System not programmed Error | FerrariChat

System not programmed Error

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Andrew Leather-Barrow, Nov 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrew Leather-Barrow

Oct 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Andrew Leather-Barrow
    Hi all I wouldn’t mind a little help from anyone who has received this error message what does it mean and how can I get rid of it?
    The radio gave up the ghost then the warning ⚠️ system not programmed
    There is power to the radio but the screen remains black the dvd accepts discs and rejects them there are illuminated controls on both sides just not working
    I’ve done the make sure battery is charged, take the battery lead off and wait for half an hour re connect and then test
    The drive it for hours
    And the all else fails give it a bang routine
    The strangest thing is that there are no fault codes stored ?
    cheers
    Andrew

2. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    are you sure battery is fully charged? That usually happens when on low on battery, driving the car an hour or two helps. then after it switching the car off and lock it and after 30 mins it'll be back.

Don't connect anything to USB while you are driving.

3. Andrew Leather-Barrow

Oct 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Andrew Leather-Barrow
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply, the battery is new and fully charged.
    The problem will more than likely be a duff radio, I have now purchased the top of the range pioneer Avic z920DAB along with a patch lead and other gubbins to allow the system to be fully integrated into the Ferrari electrics and steering wheel controls I also purchased a forward facing parking camera.
    This when installed should extinguish this error code, if not fixed then it’s a trip to the Ferrari main agent for diagnostic time

on a side note the plug and play harnesses to convert the old wires of the Ferrari to accept a new radio head are almost a military grade secret
    Try an internet search - nothing
    This is probably why Ferrari will charge £7k and almost every other aftermarket hifi Center want £4-5k to fit a replacement system
    I will have fitted my own (and superior system) for under £1k !
    I will post all the install on a separate post.

cheers
    Andrew

4. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    You might need to perform a Proxi alignment on the all of the electronic systems of the car. This gets all of the ECU's in the car in sync with one another.

There is also an engineering mode for the radio that requires a special button sequence to get into. There is no information on this engineering mode in any Ferrari manual, so you will have to find an experienced Ferrari tech that knows his stuff to access it.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports

BOKE and Andrew Leather-Barrow like this.
  5. Andrew Leather-Barrow

Oct 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Andrew Leather-Barrow
    Hi Guys,
    A quick update for any future Cali owners who get the system not programmed error which will not extinguish after the usual ritual of disconnecting battery waiting an hour then pulling one’s toe whist sucking a mint etc. Just got My car back from Ferrari it took A few attempts to pinpoint the problem (cars been in the shop for over two weeks) turns out the Canbus ECU went bad that in turn told the stereo to turn off and also popped up loads of random warning lights from system not programmed airbag failure and electrical system failure to only allowing the rhs front window go down whilst the lHS rear window reclined and then stayed down until the roof was cycled up and down.
    Thank heavens for a warranty that’s all I can say !
    The Canbus has been updated from the original fitment so that on its own says a lot about the originals reliability.
    The dealer also had to get a software download from the factory and update the systems ecu.
    So finally I can resume fitting the new stereo that I’m midway through putting in, that reminds me the stereo system is back working 100% so I have a barely used factory nit unit should anyone be interested in purchasing it

cheers
    Andrew

tomc likes this.