Swiss Mondial 3.2 | FerrariChat

Swiss Mondial 3.2

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Swissmondial, Jun 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Swissmondial

Swissmondial Karting

May 7, 2005
    England
    Any one know of any specific differences between a Swiss and European model 3.2 Mondial. Seen differing specs on HP (250 vs 270) and on the Ferrari owners parts website it shows a different air filter specifically for swiss/austrian models.
    Maybe something to do with emissions.
    Vin No. shows different letter for Switzerland.
    Actually, reason I ask is cos I am trying to find K&N filter for it and site says I need 2 (only one airbox).
    Thanks 4 ya help.

2. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    i think swiss cars have catalytic converters. the gear ratios maybe different also when compared to US and other euro models.

john

3. Swissmondial

Swissmondial Karting

May 7, 2005
    England
    The car does have a Cat...thanks 4 the reply :)

4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I have a 1988 Swiss Mondial Cab, I think the only significant difference was the cat (although US aftermarket exhausts will fit, so not sure if the Swiss catis any different, maybe was in place on a earlier model year than for the US market). My owners manual says 270hp. The AC unit is a japan item, rather the than the US spec. york, there appears top be some detail differences when looking through parts listings, some parts are Swiss (CH) spec.

5. Swissmondial

Swissmondial Karting

May 7, 2005
    England
    I have now found that the engine specs are different, the engine code is F105P 046.
    It has 255hp verus 270hp, 273Nm torque versus 300Nm and a compression ratio of 9.2:1 versus 9.8:1.
    Bore and stroke are the same so I can only assume they did something to the pistons.
    It also has tons of pipework for the air injection.