The Purosangue Thread | Page 60 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Launch ? early 2022?

2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    That would be very disappointing. :eek: :(

Thelovelyrock18 and MDEL like this.
  3. nagyatesz

nagyatesz Rookie

May 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Attila Nagy
    This is a Ford Mach e, with some bad photoshop and Roma styled headlights, you can even see the interior mach e screen....

(Long time follower, first time poster, no Ferrari owner unfortunatelly.)

SVR, SecretSquirrari, ANOpax and 3 others like this.
  4. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    that would it make the Purosangue last in line of attractiveness of all higher end SUV's!

MDEL likes this.
  5. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    you are exactly right.

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    These two pictures were posted on Instagram…….

crinoid likes this.
  8. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    You can clearly see the floor grate in the Mach E picture is the same grate that's in the photoshopped picture.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    350MH83 and jpalmito like this.
  10. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    Uggh. That does not appear to be an attractive rear-end. I hope it's all camo.

MDEL likes this.
  11. Mj_1963217

Mj_1963217 Karting

Mar 4, 2013
    From those spy shots, the dimensions seem more similar to a compact sized SUV (Macan, Stelvio) than a Urus/DBX/Bentayga. Personally, I'd love to own a smaller, more nimble urban utility vehicle that packs a screaming V12, but I suspect most potential buyer would prefer a bigger vehicle, what do you guys think?

niccmann likes this.
  12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The Purosangue mules with a Levante body that have been spotted in 2021 are all set on a low-riding position. That could be an indication that the Purosangue concept won't be like the one of most SUVs, that need to have decent off-road capabilities, but it will be an evolution of the GTC4 with more interior space an at least a similar road performance.
    The majority of SUV owners rarely use them off-road therefore what they really benefit from is the large interior space, the comfort and the high driving position that these type of vehicles have. The Levante dimensions are: Length 5003 mm, Width 2158 mm, Height 1679 mm, Wheelbase 3004 mm and similar to the ones of the Urus but if we consider the Macan who is a smaller car, the dimensions are: Length 4697 mm, Width 1923 mm, Height 1624 mm, Wheelbase 2807 mm. To house a V12 and that's a strong possibility, I presume the Purosangue can't have the length of the Macan and has to have at least the length of the Levante. The height being the dimension that creates interior space I guess will have to be at least 1600 m in the Purosangue to differentiate it from the GTC4 that has only 1383 mm.
    My guess is that the majority of Ferrari owners that now drive SUVs won't be replacing them with a Purosangue. I won't say the same about the GTC4 owners.

hagen111, Mj_1963217 and jpalmito like this.
  13. lechevalcabre

lechevalcabre Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    Mourmelon Le Grand
    Full Name:
    Eric Pacheco
    I still think the purosangue won’t have 4 doors but 2 + 2 antagonistic doors, it’s been a hallway noise at the beginning of the design and I think it’s better with the brand’s image. Image Unavailable, Please Login

9nb, jpalmito, MDEL and 1 other person like this.
  14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    By looking at the Purosangue mule in the first picture and by comparing it with the front views of the Levante and the Roma on the second and third picture, despite the heavy camouflage of the mule it's possible to identify the headlights as being the same as the ones used by the Roma and not the standard ones of the Levante. Recently an image was 'stolen' during an internal Ferrari presentation and apparently it highlighted the tight stylistic similarities that exist between the Roma and the Purosangue. The fact that this mule uses the Roma headlights could be another clue in that direction.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Nothing is certain with Ferrari when it comes to talking about prototypes.
    Remember the first Laferrari mule with FF headlights..

Thelovelyrock18, SVR and MDEL like this.
  16. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Exactly!
    Also remember the Portofino M mule spotted with Roma front lights. Ferrari likes to play with our nerves and imagination haha.

Anyway MDEL your comparison is right, the last mule seems to wear Roma inspired front lights.

Thelovelyrock18, SVR and MDEL like this.
  17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Correct. This concept and gull wing concept were both thrown around publicly.

lechevalcabre and 9nb like this.
  18. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    WilliamB, SVR and italiafan like this.
  19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    What is going on with the wipers on the windshield of the mule? Has that picture been drastically altered?

Caeruleus11 and SVCalifornia like this.
  20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The original image had a big lettering written all over the windshield and apparently after I removed it the wipers were cloned into that area. I hadn't noticed it thank you for letting me know.…...

italiafan likes this.
  21. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Nice.

I’m expecting the purosangue to reflect this kind of design language.

SV

MDEL likes this.
  22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  23. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Not a fan of the last design-attempt.
    Curious which, of all possibilities posted here, is going to be the one which is the closest to the actual design. Well in 2022 we will know more!

24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    William I agree with you, let's wait to see what Manzoni and his team come-up with. Looking at the different renders and sketches that have been posted here since December of 2017, none of them really correspond to what I've imagined that the Purosangue will be. IMO what will be defining the Purosangue design success or not will be the the first impression. When we see the Purosangue for the first time we will have to recognize straight away in the car design and lines Ferrari's heritage and innovation, feeling that sensation of love at first sight and chicken skin. If we don't it means that the Purosangue won't be more than just another SUV where someone decided to place Ferrari's emblem.

WilliamB and 456-boy like this.