The Purosangue Thread | Page 53 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    I'm biased, but I love this generation yukon

Image Unavailable, Please Login

DRYHOLE and G. Pepper like this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry that's a great documentary showing Lamborghini's and the SUV evolution. I played back several times the scene where prince Charles comes out of an Aston DBX just to be sure that was him. The Range Rover has always been royalty's and British upper classes week-end toy but with the heir of the trone promoting the DBX it's likely that things will change towards Aston Martin.
    After seeing in the documentary so many SUVs that aren't pretty and all look much the same, I'm even more convinced that the Purosangue has to be something different and special in-line with what you defined on this thread back in December 7 2017 after I started it :
    "My very humble suggestion, simply a passionate Ferrarista to Ferrari: if you need some other elements of the SUV, such as extra doors, or a little more ride height, then I think you should make a "LWB" version of the GTC4. Maybe 4" longer- all for the back seat- and maybe 1.5" higher and you could add back doors- perhaps in a way where they are more disguised than in other cars. This would not be a SUV, but simply a little bit more practical GTC4 (a practical car already). And please keep the V12 "

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Well done video.

Let’s face it, the reality is the majority of people who can afford a Lambo (etc.) are over the age of 50, probably over the age of 60 in fact. It is far easier to get in and out of an SUV/crossover than a low-slung exotic, especially if you’re just running out to lunch or dinner. Now add friends to the mix and the ability to give someone a lift home makes grabbing those keys more likely. Now add in running around doing simple errands. Have you ever been putting around the shops and want to bring some modest sized item home? Whelp, putting into the 458 can be a challenge but with an SUV it is much much easier. How about running off to golf, or swinging by West Marine on your way down to the marina?

A Ferrari nut, such as many of us, would prefer to do those sorts of things in a prancing horse vehicle, and save the Speciale for occasional blasts around the twisties with friends.

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    MDEL, Caeruleus11 and G. Pepper like this.
  6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thats a very reasonable thought.

But I hope not. I hope its not shared with anything else. Maybe it could be shared with other Ferraris after the fact- but upon introduction it should be its own unique thing.

Its Enzo Ferrari’s birthday- we all share his dream. I hope the PS will be spectacular and allow Ferrari to go on to inspire more to share in his dream so we can all dream together.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

crinoid and MDEL like this.
  7. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    It supposedly the same platfrom as the alfa stelvio. Will the puro share this?

crinoid and G. Pepper like this.
  8. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Sounds like a job for FF/Lusso.

Bas and italiafan like this.
  9. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    No, the Purosangue will use a new modular platform that car receive different powertrains and drivetrains (V6TT hybrid and NA V12, with 2 or 4WD).
    Isn’t it this platform that the Roma is using?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That's correct because what Michael Leiters confirmed was that the Purosangue will be based on the same platform as the Roma. He also explained that there will be two families of architecture – front and rear-engine families. He mentioned that the modularity is there and especially on the front-engined architecture Ferrari foresees more models like a 2+2, 4+ and the Purosangue. Leiters also referred that the SUV’s platform is capable of accepting either V6, V8 or V12 engines, which suggest the Purosangue could also be available with a plug-in hybrid powertrain similar to the one of the SF 90.

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

fully agree.

I want to like the Ferrari SUV (who knows, maybe I will) but whenever I see superfast SUV's I keep thinking to myself...what's the point? They'll forever be more flawed. Want to carry 4 people and luggage...the Porsche Panamera sport turismo turbo S (hybrid...and god what a long name!) carries nearly as much luggage but will be far more capable as a superfast bit much better. Same goes for the FF/Lusso.

I do love the Cayenne Turbo S, especially the current car looks awesome. But if I needed an SUV I'd probably end up with a full fat ranger rover 5.0, Merc G63 (flawed but uber cool) or spend a bit more and end up with the fantastic Bentayga V8. If I wanted to fast and have space FF/Panamera ST.

crinoid likes this.
  12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Why do say “carry 4 people and luggage the Porsche will be better?”
    How do you know this?
    When has Ferrari ever put out a product that enthusiasts thought was inferior to anything out there?

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I was comparing Cayenne to Panamera Sport Turismo, and to a certain degree the Lusso VS Ferrari SUV.

italiafan likes this.
  14. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Schnellfahrer and F140C like this.
  15. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Yup. Nothing will come close to reality. It's all conjecture until the drape is taken off.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    456-boy likes this.
  17. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Yeah seriously. Go home Photoshop amateurs, you’re drunk

crinoid likes this.
  18. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    The real Ferrari SUV will be far different ... and 20 times more bad ass ... than these bollocks photoshop slap ups!

jpalmito and 456-boy like this.
  19. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
  20. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
  21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    To my eyes the the Porsche Taycan Cross looks like a Panamera travestied of SUV. A Purosangue version with a V12 is something many of us are hopping Ferrari will do. However, if Manzoni and his team dared to design a Purosangue with a styling like the Taycan all of them would be excomuogated for life.

WilliamB likes this.
  22. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Obviously I was being facetious about Ferrari making a vehicle that looks exactly like the Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo ... however ... however ... what the PTCT clearly shows ... is that you can have a vehicle like the GTC4 Lusso ... which doesn’t look so chopped off at the rear awkward as the GTC4 Lusso. All they have to do is swoop the roofline and the rear of that vehicle and it would go from showroom zero to hero! The Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo is the most beautiful ... and bad ass ... SUV type thingy I have ever seen. It might just have to be my first electric vehicle.

MDEL likes this.
  23. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Both the CTTS and RR AB SVO are similar but the RR is more versatile I think from my experience with both. I really like that I was able to put the RR in low and use it over the ice and snow when no one else could get out unless they had a Jeep or very high 4x4.

Bas likes this.
  24. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    Man, I was agreed with you most of time we discuss in this thread but why you don't like how taycan looks like?